FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

\

Chelsea need one more striker and if they are getting rid of Mikel, they will need to replace him. Van Ginkel, Ramires and Oriol Romeu can't be your only cover at holding mid behind Matic.
Van Ginkel has the potential to be really good. I'm not sure why Romeu is still around. He'll fill the honorary Winston Bogarde Chair (for "should at least be squad team" guys who don't play) role at the Bridge this season.

Chambers cost Arsenal 16 million pounds. Not cheap at all. And definitely not better than Shaw (although they're both over rated). I'd expect to see the exodus continue as well.

Chambers Is 12mil rising to 16. Shaw is 27mil rising to 32. Chambers is better defensively and can give cover at CB as well. Shaw is better going forward but also now playing for a coach that will play a 3 man back line and doesn't appreciate his lack of fitness. All things considered I'd say Chambers is the better immediate buy.

It's official! Antoine Griezmann has completed his move from Real Sociedad to Atletico Madrid on a six-year contract

That's another EPL transfer target off the board.

1.) Lukaku to Everton for 28m. Jose has raised 60m in profit on 141m in sales for five guys he didn't want. Good business. Great signing for Everton too. It shows they want to compete.

2.) I thought Sterling looked very dangerous last night for Liverpool in the friend v ManCity. Really good.

Lukaku was a little pricy for Everton. I know the guy had 15 goals, but that was a lot for them. I thought the Man City-Liverpool game was really entertaining. Man City 1 for 4 PKs was terrible good win for Liverpool.

Chelsea will have the money to spend on another big name. I said several pages ago Di Maria has to be the odd guy out of Madrid he is the guy to get.

1.)2.) I thought Sterling looked very dangerous last night for Liverpool in the friend v ManCity. Really good.

He was the only thing that looked good for England in the WC and he's continued that form in the preseason. I'm expecting big things from him this season.

He's gonna outrun a lot of defenders this year.

His finishing ability is miles ahead of where I thought it would be at this point. His goal last night was clinical and he had a 2nd goal wrongly called back for offsides... which is a reaccuring theme for everyone that plays v City.

I'm bullish on this years team because we have a lot of young guys, that while proven serviceable, are still improving. If Coutinho ever gets any consistency with his shot he'll be scary and Henderson is progressing as well with his runs and his finishing ability. Even if we didn't add players we would still be a decent side but if half of the additions make an impact we shouldnt have to worry about CL qualification.

1.) Lukaku to Everton for 28m. Jose has raised 60m in profit on 141m in sales for five guys he didn't want. Good business. Great signing for Everton too. It shows they want to compete.

2.) I thought Sterling looked very dangerous last night for Liverpool in the friend v ManCity. Really good.

Sterling is going to be among the best in the world when he hits his prime. I already think he's the best player on Liverpool and he's only 20.

Sterling is going to be among the best in the world when he hits his prime. I already think he's the best player on Liverpool and he's only 20.

Debateable but the fact that he's in the conversation is awesome. Hope Ibe follows suit before too long but he still needs to work on his finishing.

Spurs just signed Eric Dier, a England U21 International, for £4m from Sporting. That's a tremendous deal as if he was playing in England probably would have cost them upwards of £10m.

Lukaku was a little pricy for Everton. I know the guy had 15 goals, but that was a lot for them. I thought the Man City-Liverpool game was really entertaining. Man City 1 for 4 PKs was terrible good win for Liverpool.

Chelsea will have the money to spend on another big name. I said several pages ago Di Maria has to be the odd guy out of Madrid he is the guy to get.

DiMaria is redundant at Chelsea. They need a top quality 2nd striker much more, and today's papers say that they bid 40M for Cavani. In Mourinho's counterattacking system, he would be devastating.

DiMaria is redundant at Chelsea. They need a top quality 2nd striker much more, and today's papers say that they bid 40M for Cavani. In Mourinho's counterattacking system, he would be devastating.

Agree on the first part, still not sold on Cavani especially for the price tag he carries.