FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

Lloris is the best keeper in the Premier League. De Gea and Speroni? Don't make me laugh harder.

Perhaps Its the 9 goals we dumped on Lloris in 2 games this season but he didn't look that good. Matter of fact he got exposed badly in any match with legitimate attacking talent.

United wouldve given up many more without De Gea and its painful for me to compliment a united player. Speroni played very well considering the amount of shots he faced every time out.

It's getting physical/chippy. I wonder if he has the sack to give out a red.

If he had given a few yellows It wouldve calmed it down. As it stands someone is going to go in with a hard challenge and not give him a choice. My guess would be a frusterated colombian player after fernandino or luiz get away with a few more cheap shots

I detest Brazil. They are dropping all over the field with little or no contact. And that free kick for Columbia...What was that? Since when are you allowed to arc around the 10 yard line in the sand and charge the ball at the whistle? Seriously? What a bunch of crap that was. These refs are letting Brazil get away with nearly everything. I don't blame the Columbian players for being frustrated. They are getting the same homecooking you see in Durham.

I detest Brazil. They are dropping all over the field with little or no contact. And that free kick for Columbia...What was that? Since when are you allowed to arc around the 10 yard line in the sand and charge the ball at the whistle? Seriously? What a bunch of crap that was. These refs are letting Brazil get away with nearly everything. I don't blame the Columbian players for being frustrated. They are getting the same homecooking you see in Durham.
And then when They commit a foul, Scolari (coach) jumps around like they are diving.

I hate this team and want them out asap

Ref does suck but was correct on the non call on the kick. 10 yard rule has to be asked to be enforced. Columbia tried trickeration with the kicker just barely nudging it to his teammate on his right. As soon as he touches it Brazil had leeway to charge the ball.

Was Columbia really offsides? I didn't see the replay. What a detestable last 5 minutes this has been for. Columbia goes from being level to being down two. And that floppy haired douche scored.

Was Columbia really offsides? I didn't see the replay. What a detestable last 5 minutes this has been for. Columbia goes from being level to being down two. And that floppy haired douche scored.
The player in offside position was not involved in the play... bad call.

The player in offside position was not involved in the play... bad call.

Sounds a lot like the crap call that negated Demarcus Beasley's go ahead goal in 2010 against Slovenia. That ref blew the whistle immediately as the ball was kicked from the corner. Multiple replays show that nothing happened that warranted a foul. I'm convinced that guy was on the take. He had a terrible reputation as it was from matches in the African qualifiers, IIRC. Many were surprised he was chosen at all to officiate on the biggest stage. Don't think he reffed another match in the WC after that one. The crew today was just awful.

Brazil will be without their captain because of 2 yellow cards and Neymar looks done with that leg injury. Germany will beat Brazil unless the refs give it to Brazil.

Fellaini hopes the refs tomorrow let him be as physical as Brazil-Columbia was. Their were 43 fouls in the match before the ref showed 1 yellow card. I have seen refs give red cards for Julio Cesar got a yellow card for tonight.

Brazil will be without their captain because of 2 yellow cards and Neymar looks done with that leg injury. Germany will beat Brazil unless the refs give it to Brazil.

Fellaini hopes the refs tomorrow let him be as physical as Brazil-Columbia was. Their were 43 fouls in the match before the ref showed 1 yellow card. I have seen refs give red cards for Julio Cesar got a yellow card for tonight.
Re Cesar... I thought the exact same thing. In your average Premiership/La Liga/Seria A weekend game in mid-February, that's a red 10 times out of 10. No question.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 13m
Brazil's team doctor says Neymar ruled out of World Cup with fractured vertebrae

Good bye Brazil as Neymar was all their non-set piece offense. Hulk, Fred, and Jo aren't Neymar.
Wow. The hit in the back didn't look that bad; I was halfway thinking that they were going to sub for him anyway (in order to protect against a 2nd yellow) & he was milking it. While that's obviously good for my German team I hope he's o.k. in the long term. Anything involving the back is scary.

Yedlin's stock went up further in my book (if that's possible). Donovan couldn't resist a jab at JK about the US style of play vs. Belgium. Donovan said the 4-5-1 was the wrong formation and we didn't play offensive football. While this may kinda/sorta/actually be true, it comes across as sour grapes from Donovan. Yedlin was asked about it and stood up for Jurgen. Smart move and the right move. Qualifying and the Group stage was much tougher than in any previous year and we made it.

No negative vibes, as a great man once said. Jurgen did a great job and it was nice to see Yedlin answer the question (even if he gave the PC answer) rather than take a pass.

Wow. The hit in the back didn't look that bad; I was halfway thinking that they were going to sub for him anyway (in order to protect against a 2nd yellow) & he was milking it. While that's obviously good for my German team I hope he's o.k. in the long term. Anything involving the back is scary.
Brazil has enough to beat Germany without him (though I'm still calling Germany to win).

Yedlin's stock went up further in my book (if that's possible). Donovan couldn't resist a jab at JK about the US style of play vs. Belgium. Donovan said the 4-5-1 was the wrong formation and we didn't play offensive football. While this may kinda/sorta/actually be true, it comes across as sour grapes from Donovan. Yedlin was asked about it and stood up for Jurgen. Smart move and the right move. Qualifying and the Group stage was much tougher than in any previous year and we made it.

No negative vibes, as a great man once said. Jurgen did a great job and it was nice to see Yedlin answer the question (even if he gave the PC answer) rather than take a pass.

I didn't hear Donovan's comments on this, but thought he was fair and honest in his stints with ESPN. He was being paid (presumably) to be an analyst, not a cheerleader.

If Jurgen declared tomorrow to be Sunday, Yedlin would agree with it.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 13m
Brazil's team doctor says Neymar ruled out of World Cup with fractured vertebrae

Good bye Brazil as Neymar was all their non-set piece offense. Hulk, Fred, and Jo aren't Neymar.

Although I don't like the way Brazil plays, I think Neymar is a terrific player...and that knee to his back looked like a cheap shot to me. Probably could have been a red card offense had any other crew been officiating. I hope he makes a full recovery.