Fine Mess Tailgate: Nova Edition | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Tailgate: Nova Edition

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Admin please Thumbtack

Where: Fine Lot (back edge of the lot closest to I-81) Look for a Cuse Flag and/or 10th MTN Division Flag When: Friday, August 29th @ 1530 (3:30pm civilian time) starts, Food will be served from 1700-1830.

Menu: Creole Jambalaya w/Andouille sausage, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks, some snacks and desserts. Buffalo Chicken Wing dip, Mac & Cheese or some type of pasta salad, a few burgers, an unknown additional side, plus jello shots and chocolate covered pretzels.

Beer: Canadian Beer (LaBatts, Alexander Keith, Sleeman), American (Utica Club, Shiner Bock), others TBD
Soda: Diet and Regular Coke, Ginger Ale. Also Water.

1 Canopy/1 Table/Plates/Napkins: GoCuseCaz
1 Case Beer (bring Heater give to Mark): NorthaCuse
1 RoadTrip Grill and Cherry Poppers: Consigliere
1 Roadtrip Grill, Plates, cups, etc...1 Birthday Cake, 1 case water + 1 case soda (ginger ale/mtn dew) JSOrange97
1 Case LaBatt's Blue Light OrangeXtreme
1 Case Mystery Beer JCuse
100 lbs of ice RRLbees
1 Case Sam Adams Oltoberfest, 12 pack Corona Light, cornbread, cherry popper peppers, table, canopy, grill w/propane and chafing trays,plates, bowls, napkins, plasticware Consigliere
1 case of Water, 1 6 pack of water, 1 6 pack of Coke SUfaninNJ
1 canopy, a few chairs 50 lbs of ice with cooler, 1 case beer, 1 case soda CuseNewbie

Your Chefs: TexanMark + JeremyCuse (co-Head Chefs), CajunCuse, and JSOrange97

Guests: What to Bring? Bring any Beer/Soda/Water you want. Unless we ask, don't bring anything else unless we have prior coordination. Bring coolers w/ice and chairs if desired. Mark your items with your name. Folks with special dietary needs PM me to discuss.

Guests: Reply to the thread with size of your group and if you are bringing any Beer/Soda/Water (identify Quantity).

Cost: $10 to eat and drink, $5 if you bring some beer/soda. Kids 12 and under are free. Please pay one of the chefs or LincolnCuse. Please get a wrist band. More info to follow:

Attendees
TexanMark 2
Consigliere/CajunCuse 20
FairfaxOrange 2
CuseTroop 4
GoCuseCaz 9
OttoMets 4-6
DRBartlett 1, maybe more
SUFaninNJ 4-6
JSOrange97 7
JeremyCuse 4
Cuseregular 1-2
Cuseguy 2
Northacuse 2
rrlbees 8
dccuse 1-3
sutomcat 7 (includes OrangeOnions Clan)
kuethstheman - 2
RayinVA 4
OrangeXtreme 1-3
Cabby1 4
Obie 6-8
JCuse 2
LincolnCuse 6
HoopsUpstate 2
Jake 1
CuseNewbie 4
TBCuse11 5
Deubs 6
GUEST LIST CLOSED, NO IT REALLY IS CLOSED NOW!

21JFKWQHWaL.jpg

Last edited:
Have table and canopy if needed.

Have appetite and thirst--certainly not needed but I'm bringing 'em anyway!

Plus I will kick in a case of funky Pennsylvania beer (Susquehanna Brewing Company) that my brother in law gave me.

Don't forget your grommet tool and I'll unveil the new banner. Will throw a canopy and table in the car if needed. Plan on having a large contingent - 1o of us and 10 freebies thanks to Coach!

Speaking of that, I have a challenge for the Fine Mess Crew. My other (non-Cajun) brother-in-law and sister will be attending. Their youngest enters college this year so they have Saturdays free and I plan on recruiting two new season ticket holders. Steve was starting lax goalie at Navy for 3 years back in the mid 80s and was first cousins with former Orange goalie Tom Nims. Help me make them welcome and we'll add to the crew!

The thread I've been waiting for alllll summer.

I'll be there (baring any flight delays).

I'll be renting a car right from the Rochester Airport, but will make a stop for beer. My old man and crew can bring anything that you guys might need.

If anyone knows of a way that I can find a Fine lot parking pass, that would be clutch. I don't mind parking somewhere and hiking to the lot, but it would make it easier for my dad. If not, no worries, a little hike wont hurt him.

See you guys there, and hopefully see everyone the next day at OE's golf tourny!

Admin please Thumbtack

Where: Fine Lot (back edge of the lot closest to I-81) Look for a Cuse Flag and/or 10th MTN Division Flag When: Friday, August 29th @ 1530 (3:30pm civilian time) starts, Food will be served from 1700-1830.

Menu: Creole Jambalaya w/Andouille sausage, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks, some snacks and desserts. Maybe some Jello Football Helmets?

Beer: Canadian Beer (LaBatts, Alexander Keith, Sleeman), American (Utica Club, Shiner Bock), others TBD
Soda: Diet and Regular Coke, Ginger Ale. Also Water.

Your Chefs: TexanMark (Head Chef), CajunCuse and JeremyCuse

Guests: What to Bring? Bring any Beer/Soda/Water you want. Unless we ask, don't bring anything else unless we have prior coordination. Bring coolers w/ice and chairs if desired. Mark your items with your name. Folks with special dietary needs PM me to discuss.

Cost: $10 to eat and drink, $5 if you bring some beer/soda. Kids 12 and under are free. Please pay one of the chefs or LincolnCuse. Please get a wrist band. More info to follow:

View attachment 21876
I can bring a grill, food, tables, whatever is needed...

From the sounds of it...we are looking at 75 people. I've added JSOrange97 as an Asst Chef.

Mark, figure 9 people for me. As I have mentioned to Jeremy, I have a bunch of plates from last year.

Thinking four to six people? Will update closer to Friday. Looking forward to it!

Guys I am going to work out a few things behind the scene with Mark so please stay tuned to this thread for more updates as we get closer to the day of the tailgate.

As mentioned by Mark above please feel free to bring any beer/soda/water/booze you would like or if you have a special food item that is fine to. However, unlike previous years we are leaving a lot of the coordination up to the chefs of the fine lot tailgate.

As the fine lot tailgates have continued to grow it has become to difficult to try and coordinate items especially food amongst a dozen + people coming fromm all different areas and arriving at different times.

By moving to this new set up we will be putting more pressure on the chefs and the assistants to prepare, cook, and serve the offerings at each tailgate. As such we are asking that unless you are a chef, an assistant chef, and or the immediate family member of said person that you pay the $5 or $10 fee (if you a chef who is off that week there is no charge of course).

This is where the wristbands will come into play. Lincolncuse will collect the money and we will then hand out the accompanying wristbands. Please note that after much consideration we determined that this was the best bet in order to streamline our efforts and ensure that we can continue to recruit new chefs and that the people putting in the work can at least get some of the money there putting into it back. We know that in the past we were pretty lenient with enforcing the food and beverage fee but moving forward we are going to ask everyone to please pay the fee, it is extremely minimal and I can guarantee you cant find a better deal anywhere.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please contact myself or Mark via PM.

Thank you.

Guys I am going to work out a few things behind the scene with Mark so please stay tuned to this thread for more updates as we get closer to the day of the tailgate.

As mentioned by Mark above please feel free to bring any beer/soda/water/booze you would like or if you have a special food item that is fine to. However, unlike previous years we are leaving a lot of the coordination up to the chefs of the fine lot tailgate.

As the fine lot tailgates have continued to grow it has become to difficult to try and coordinate items especially food amongst a dozen + people coming fromm all different areas and arriving at different times.

By moving to this new set up we will be putting more pressure on the chefs and the assistants to prepare, cook, and serve the offerings at each tailgate. As such we are asking that unless you are a chef, an assistant chef, and or the immediate family member of said person that you pay the $5 or $10 fee (if you a chef who is off that week there is no charge of course).

This is where the wristbands will come into play. Lincolncuse will collect the money and we will then hand out the accompanying wristbands. Please note that after much consideration we determined that this was the best bet in order to streamline our efforts and ensure that we can continue to recruit new chefs and that the people putting in the work can at least get some of the money there putting into it back. We know that in the past we were pretty lenient with enforcing the food and beverage fee but moving forward we are going to ask everyone to please pay the fee, it is extremely minimal and I can guarantee you cant find a better deal anywhere.

Thank you.

With all the hard work you guys put in, it's a damn shame if you don't AT LEAST get the money back that you guys kick in for food and beverages. Considering all the labor that goes into such a great event, 10 bucks is the biggest bargain in Syracuse or anywhere.

Just know that your hardwork does not go unappreciated! And anybody who tries to take advantage of you guys should be exiled to the Rutgers board--a fate worse than death.

ROLL ORANGE!

I can also bring my Roadtrip grill if you think we may need some additional cooking space. Just let me know a day before.

I can also bring my Roadtrip grill if you think we may need some additional cooking space. Just let me know a day before.

Yes, please bring it...I'll cook the coneys on it.

Just like last year and the year before that gotta love tailgating Cuse style

Mark, I'm confirmed with only 4. I'm sadden to say that 95% of my friends are basketball onlys. Losers.

Nothing wrong with BB, but you need to cultivate those winning 5 per centers, Troop!

SUball:D

Thank you.

Maybe you should get JarHeadJim to work security. I sure as heck wouldn't try to get away without paying!

Cuseguy 2

Should be there in the 4:30 range.

Bringing beer, water, etc., and maybe something to grill.

I'll be there with 3-5 others. Looking forward to it. With such a big turnout and some newbies, are we going name tags for this tailgate?

This is blowing through 75...I'll will cap this at 115-120