First scrimmage should be this weekend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First scrimmage should be this weekend

Dylan Donahue gets day off: 8 takeaways from Syracuse men's lacrosse scrimmages (PS: Kramer)

The Syracuse University men's lacrosse team got its first competition against players in different jerseys on Saturday with a pair of abbreviated scrimmages.

The Orange lost to Hofstra 9-8 in a game that was ended in the fourth quarter. It then beat LeMoyne 10-1 in a 30-minute test.

Both games were held at the Ensley Athletic Center. They were closed to the public but the media was allowed to watch the Le Moyne game.

In the Hofstra game, Tim Barber scored three times for the Orange, Gale Thorpe tallied twice and Matt Lane contributed a goal and two assists. Ben Williams was 7-of-13 on faceoffs and Cal Paduda was 3-of-8.

Jordan Evans, Matt Lane and Ryan Simmons each tallied twice against Le Moyne. Williams won five of six draws, Paduda won two of four and Joe DeMarco was successful on all three of his attempts.

Here are eight takeaways from the action:

Great write up by Syracuse.com, took a look at a lot of different areas. Interesting that Donahue didnt play, makes that Hofstra game look completely different. Very interested to see what happens next week.

I guess Kramer is now the Lax Guy at the Post-Standard since Patrick Stevens left.

I guess Kramer is now the Lax Guy at the Post-Standard since Patrick Stevens left.

Stevens did a pretty good job but I gotta say Kramer did a nice job in this article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom