Fishing Pics | Syracusefan.com

Fishing Pics

Dave85

Living Legend
Raritan River New Jersey.

Caught a huge carp with my son, 30 pounds:

IMG_1213d.jpg

Last edited:
This halibut took hours to land. A week earlier it broke my line. I went back to his reef the next week. A friend of mine caught a halibut with a full grown king crab in his stomach.
As for salmon, I landed a 60 lb king (weight after cleaning) that brought a 25 lb lead weight up to the surface as if it were a toy

the
IMG.jpg

Great idea. I'll post a couple later when I have some more time.

Icy Straight is unusual. It is at least 3 miles wide and about 20 miles long. It connects directly with the outside waters via Inian Pass to Cross Sound. Due to the surrounding mountains one would expect the Straight to be very deep but it is actually shallow, only about 150 feet deep due to the silt and sand runoff from Glacier Bay. The bottom is flat and sandy. Point Adolphus, on the opposite shore from Glacier Bay, has one of the world's largest concentration of feeding humback whales. There are no significant settlements on its shores; just the Native Village of Hoonah, Gustavus with a population of 500 and a company cannery town owned by bumble Bee which is called XIP. XIP is notable because its main street also serves as its runway. There is no tower. When a plane wants to land it circles, people clear the street, and the plane lands. There are several landings a day during the summer. It is vacant during the winter. In WWII it was a prisoner of War camp, with no need for fences due to the resident brown bear population. Most of the world's record halibut come from Icy Straight.

This halibut took hours to land. A week earlier it broke my line. I went back to his reef the next week. A friend of mine caught a halibut with a full grown king crab in his stomach.
As for salmon, I landed a 60 lb king (weight after cleaning) that brought a 25 lb lead weight up to the surface as if it were a toy

the View attachment 66286

Nice eating size!

Anyone fly fish? I'm looking to learn (rod arriving soon in the mail).
All the time. Was trying to post some pics, don't know how to make the file size smaller. I'm probably not near you, but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. Just shoot me a pm.

BWR - you guys just won girls lax TOC...helluva team...

Yes they are! The boys almost did it too. My 7th grade son is a goalie. The Bridgewater lacrosse is just amazing. The coaches are really good ex-college players and the lacrosse culture in the town is insane. I will be at a lacrosse tournament all day this Sunday. I just can't get over how crazy Bridgewater is about lacrosse.

Hope to be adding more here in the next couple weeks. Boat is in the water and we've already had some success. Caught a little bass the other night, and nearly had a very big one in the boat, but it snapped my old line right off the back of the boat while I was trying to our dog to back away.

Hope to be adding more here in the next couple weeks. Boat is in the water and we've already had some success. Caught a little bass the other night, and nearly had a very big one in the boat, but it snapped my old line right off the back of the boat while I was trying to our dog to back away.

I'm working on getting a list of all the freshwater fish I've caught so far this year (by type). In New Jersey, freshwater fishing is really good in April and May. When it get's hot in June not so good. I'm about to do some saltwater fishing.

Yes they are! The boys almost did it too. My 7th grade son is a goalie. The Bridgewater lacrosse is just amazing. The coaches are really good ex-college players and the lacrosse culture in the town is insane. I will be at a lacrosse tournament all day this Sunday. I just can't get over how crazy Bridgewater is about lacrosse.

Yes, you guys went 1-1 with Ridgewood...girls winning; boys losing...On the boys side, Delbarton is just a machine...nobody was beating them this year...

Both my kids also play...daughter for high school and son for his youth team which I help coach...

Yes, you guys went 1-1 with Ridgewood...girls winning; boys losing...On the boys side, Delbarton is just a machine...nobody was beating them this year...

Both my kids also play...daughter for high school and son for his youth team which I help coach...

Can't wait for my son to play HS lax. We live in South Burlington, and they should have won the state this year, but got beat in the final, again, by their local rival, CVU. Our coach is great, and I really want to see what he can get out of my boy.

Can't wait for my son to play HS lax. We live in South Burlington, and they should have won the state this year, but got beat in the final, again, by their local rival, CVU. Our coach is great, and I really want to see what he can get out of my boy.

High School sports are definitely fun...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom