Florida loses guard to ACL injury | Syracusefan.com

Florida loses guard to ACL injury

Dave85

Living Legend
"GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida guard DeVon Walker is expected to miss next season because of a knee injury.
A junior from Winter Haven, Walker tore the ACL in his right knee Friday."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ker-florida-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

You would think sports science would have a proven set of exercises to strengthen knees and prevent injuries. And if such knowledge does exist get to our players as soon as possible!!

"GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida guard DeVon Walker is expected to miss next season because of a knee injury.
A junior from Winter Haven, Walker tore the ACL in his right knee Friday."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ker-florida-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

You would think sports science would have a proven set of exercises to strengthen knees and prevent injuries. And if such knowledge does exist get to our players as soon as possible!!
How about baseball pitchers and how fragile their arms are. Thirty plus years ago these guys were throwing every four days and pitching over 300 innings. I'd like to blame the pitching coaches but it's not uncommon for a team to have more than one pitcher on the DL at the same time. The Yankees situation is just outrageous.

How about baseball pitchers and how fragile their arms are. Thirty plus years ago these guys were throwing every four days and pitching over 300 innings. I'd like to blame the pitching coaches but it's not uncommon for a team to have more than one pitcher on the DL at the same time. The Yankees situation is just outrageous.

It just seems to me there should be a set of negative resistance exercises players could do to strengthen ligaments and tendons in the knees.

It just seems to me there should be a set of negative resistance exercises players could do to strengthen ligaments and tendons in the knees.
Pretty hard to "strengthen" a tendon or ligament. Usually what people mean is strengthen and stretch the surrounding muscles to take pressure off the soft tissue.

I blame the size of today's pitchers. Human ligaments weren't meant to carry that much force in an unnatural motion hundreds of times.

I blame the size of today's pitchers. Human ligaments weren't meant to carry that much force in an unnatural motion hundreds of times.

I think these pitchers are throwing too much when they are younger, some of these guys pitch an absurd amount of innings.

Pretty hard to "strengthen" a tendon or ligament. Usually what people mean is strengthen and stretch the surrounding muscles to take pressure off the soft tissue.

That's why we have science to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom