Football uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Football uniforms

realorange

Living Legend
Please tell me the basketball team will not have a uniform that is even close to what the football team is wearing tonight. They look like the illicit spawn of a forgotten night between Georgetown and Virginia. Oh Lord

Please tell me the basketball team will not have a uniform that is even close to what the football team is wearing tonight. They look like the illicit spawn of a forgotten night between Georgetown and Virginia. Oh Lord

It wouldn't look that bad if they had worn the blue helmets... the gray combo (which is the worst of them to begin with) looks even worse with the orange helmet.

Supposedly the players chose this combination...

It wouldn't look that bad if they had worn the blue helmets... the gray combo (which is the worst of them to begin with) looks even worse with the orange helmet.

Supposedly the players chose this combination...
Color blind possibly?
I don't understand grey and never have since the duct tape uniforms. Our colors are blue and orange. How did grey ever get into the mix?

At least they aren't wearing the white helmets. The gray doesn't bother me so much.

Nope. Just these...

1393878467000-USATSI-7754959.jpg

Totally. Good call on the GTown/UVA imitation.

At least they aren't wearing the white helmets. The gray doesn't bother me so much.

You didn't like these?

usatsi_8082903.jpg

I think these are easily our best combination that we have.

Still boggles my mind how we don't have an orange jersey though. They could easily pull off a white helmet, orange top, white pants combo.

If you wandered into a football stadium, would you even guess it was Syracuse playing in any of those uniforms if there wasn't an S on the helmet? I guess I just don't understand the need to go outside of blue, white and orange in some kind of traditional combination. I suppose we will soon be wearing fluorescent colors.

We are the Syracuse ORANGE!
Not the freakin' Gray, Blue or White.
I don't give a cr@p about what "the kids" pick. If they don't like ORANGE they shoudn't have come here.

Color blind possibly?
I don't understand grey and never have since the duct tape uniforms. Our colors are blue and orange. How did grey ever get into the mix?
That answer is obvious. The Grey is representative of the underlying principles which dictate the play calling on offense. It's one huge "Grey Area". Until there is more clarity with respect to the philosophy behind the offensive scheme, we will continue to see Grey.

Last edited:
We are the Syracuse ORANGE!
Not the freakin' Gray, Blue or White.
I don't give a cr@p about what "the kids" pick. If they don't like ORANGE they shoudn't have come here.

To be fair, we don't have an orange jersey for the players to choose lol. That's a whole other issue.

Unlike Michigan, where they are calling for the coach to be fired, I want the person responsible for selection of our uniforms to be fired. No coach could be expected to win a game when his players are embarrassed to be on the field.

I flipped on the game, and my reaction was instantaneous. What the heck color is that? What are they wearing? It looked hideous! Then they had a couple close up views and it wasn't quite so bad close up, but still...

I don't mind the grey unis.

Any day over the awful blues...and the white helmet.

the helmets actually looked orange instead of red in the closeups.
Was it supposed to be a hologram where the helmets change color or something?

Color blind possibly?
Couldn't agree more.
We shouldn't go along with the apparel-makers just for $$$.
History and tradition should mean something.
Especially for a team called the ORANGE!

Let the Rutgers SCARLET Knights wear black.
Let the Louisville CARDINALS wear grey and look like they're doing a civil war reenactment..

WE ARE THE ORANGE!

You didn't like these?

usatsi_8082903.jpg

I think these are easily our best combination that we have.

Still boggles my mind how we don't have an orange jersey though. They could easily pull off a white helmet, orange top, white pants combo.

ugh...so embarrassing. Bowling Green like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom