For all you naysayers, schedule be damned | Syracusefan.com

For all you naysayers, schedule be damned

Took a deeper look at the schedule, seeing who teams play before or after us...

We play Louisville and USF each one week before they play FSU. We know how big that game is for Louisville. Given how USF finished last year (crushed Temple and Cincy) and return their entire staff and most starters, they have to be staring down that game. I welcome any looking ahead.

We play Clemson and NC State one week after they play FSU. I also welcome any deflating efforts or beat up teams. Although doesn't matter for Clemson.

We play VT sandwiched between their trip to UNC, and then just 5 days after us, they host the U on a Thursday. Sets up nicely for us.

We'll have at least 3 teams that have our game circled in a big way so it really doesn't matter what they have before/after. UConn, Wake, BC. Those are 3 of the wins we'll need, and we'll take whatever punches they have in them in their home stadiums. And we'll lose @ Pitt because we always do.

Beat Colgate, NC State, VT in the Dome. Win at least 2 of those 3 road game opponent Super Bowls. Win 1 of 2 in the Louisville, USF Dome games. There's your 6-8 win formula, little room for error. No room for certain key injuries.

After Villanova (lucky OT win), Stony Brook (close 28-17 win), Toldeo (lucky OT win), Rhode Island (21-14 win and last year's semi-disastrous game), is nobody at all worried about Colgate?

Nope
What are you basing your confidence on? Baber's success at other schools? Our defense is a question mark at best. I hope Dungey comes out firing, but who knows. As I listed above, Colgate is exactly the type of team that could give us a close game.

Woodchuck said:
What are you basing your confidence on? Baber's success at other schools? Our defense is a question mark at best. I hope Dungey comes out firing, but who knows. As I listed above, Colgate is exactly the type of team that could give us a close game.

The talent gap. If we don't make a ton of mistakes, it's over.

image.jpeg
Not with this coaching staff!

AgentOrange said:
Babers has never had a losing season as a head coach. Despite what you think, he is not about to have one this year. So be ready for a fun ride that starts this Friday and ends with a bowl victory in December.

Who are these naysayers? If anything, his board has a long track record of being irrationally exuberant this time of year. If 75% of the posters here aren't predicting at least 6 wins and a bowl I'd be stunned.

Watched the offense at the spring game run up and down the field with ease. That was before all of these reps in camp. No way Colgate will be able to keep up with that pace.

Our defense will be at least equivalent to last year IMO, we couldn't stop anyone when it mattered.

I guarantee this team is coming in with lots of confidence after all the extra reps in camp. Very healthy as far as we know. These things paired together leaves me very confident vs. Colgate.

Who are these naysayers? If anything, his board has a long track record of being irrationally exuberant this time of year. If 75% of the posters here aren't predicting at least 6 wins and a bowl I'd be stunned.
Then the 25%ers must be the naysayers. Them, plus the P-S writers and the TNIAAM crew (I know all you pessimistic media ba$tards lurk here).

AgentOrange said:
Then the 25%ers must be the naysayers. Them, plus the P-S writers and the TNIAAM crew (I know all you pessimistic media ba$tards lurk here).

My "like" was for the correct identification of the media ;)

Woodchuck said:
After Villanova (lucky OT win), Stony Brook (close 28-17 win), Toldeo (lucky OT win), Rhode Island (21-14 win and last year's semi-disastrous game), is nobody at all worried about Colgate?

Wait. Why was last years Rhode Island game a disaster? And why did you leave off Wagner?

Ready to violate all opponents.

14-0

No. Different players different coaches.

Babers has never had a losing season as a head coach. Despite what you think, he is not about to have one this year. So be ready for a fun ride that starts this Friday and ends with a bowl victory in December.

Good. :)

texascpa said:
12-0 regular season 13-0 conference champion 14-0 semifinal win National championship still thinking about that one. Oh, the hell with it: 15-0
There you go! Now, was that so hard?

we do have some intriguing pieces on all 3 levels...and your confidence gives me some needed confidence, thanks bcubs!
Colgate runs exactly the wrong kind of offense against our DLine, they like to pound the ball. Steven, Chris, and Kayton will make their offensive line wish they were back at Colgate having dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom