Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
giphy5.gif

Welcome to National Pumpkin Day!

National Pumpkin Day celebrates pumpkins, a cultivar of the squash plant that is native to North America. Its name is derived from the Greek word "pepon", which means large melon. Pumpkins have long since been associated with the harvest season, and both Halloween and Thanksgiving. During Halloween many people pick or buy pumpkins—most often the Connecticut Field pumpkin—and carve them into jack-o'-lanterns. Vegetables such as turnips have long been carved in Ireland and Britain, and the practice of carving pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns stemmed from the story of Stingy Jack. Pumpkins were one of the squashes long eaten by Native Americans, which they introduced to Europeans shortly after the settlers arrived in the Americas. In fact, pumpkin pie was served at one of the Pilgrim's first Thanksgivings in the early 1620's, and is now a staple of Thanksgiving meals. A smaller strain of the Connecticut Field pumpkin, the Small Sugar pumpkin, is often used for pumpkin pie, but most Americans buy pie filling or puree in cans instead of getting it from fresh pumpkins. Although most Americans only use fresh pumpkins for carving, there has been a growing interest in pumpkin flavored foods in recent years, which can be attributed to Starbucks' introduction of pumpkin spice latte in 2003.

SU News

Autry at ACC Media Day: What’s it like to follow a legend? He gets asked that a lot (PS; $; Ditota)

As Adrian Autry was finishing interviews with ACC reporters here this morning, a conference staffer grabbed the identifying card with his name on it and replaced it with Jon Scheyer’s.

Scheyer, the Duke coach, would be following Autry to the media table. Autry playfully moved Scheyer’s nameplate, saying with a smile he did not want anybody to mistake him for the Duke coach.

No danger of that, given the two coaches’ distinct appearances.

But in one obvious way, Scheyer and Autry share something in common.

They both replaced coaching legends.

Scheyer took over the Duke program after Mike Krzyzewski retired two years ago. And Autry assumed the Syracuse job after Jim Boeheim retired last spring. Both Krzyzewski and Boeheim are Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers who drew huge audiences to these media days because of their willingness to answer pointed questions and opine on various aspects of the game.

Scheyer was asked how he would advise Autry in this, his first year following a college basketball icon.

“Well, one, good luck,” Scheyer said with a smile. “Good luck, man.”

Autry roamed the ACC Media Day landscape Wednesday here, rotating from various media platforms to add another new experience in what will continue to be a series of firsts for him.

He was informative and warm in his meeting with reporters in the one-on-one breakout session. He cracked a few jokes. He stayed a bit beyond his allotted time. There was no shortage of inquiries.

Autry marks post-Boeheim era by ditching zone D (ESPN; Borzello)

Not only will there be a new head coach on the Syracuse men's basketball sidelines for the first time since 1976, there will also be an unfamiliar sight on the defensive end of the floor: man-to-man defense.

Jim Boeheim's 2-3 zone defense was as much a staple in central New York as snow in the winter, but new head coach Adrian Autry is marking the start of his tenure by bringing in his own defensive system.

"It's challenging because the core of our team is from a year ago," Autry told ESPN at ACC Media Day on Wednesday. "So when you start thinking about that, you got guys -- Benny Williams is a junior. He hasn't done what I'm asking him to do since he left high school. Our sophomores, they haven't done it since high school. So two, three years. That's a challenge. And being able to teach it and make it make sense. Getting them to understand the philosophy. The technique stuff will correct itself after that."

Back in March, hours after Syracuse lost in the ACC tournament, the school announced Boeheim wouldn't return as the Orange's basketball coach for the 2023-24 season, ending a legendary career after 47 years at the helm and another seven as an assistant coach. It also named Autry, Boeheim's longtime assistant and former player, as his successor.

While there was constant speculation about Boeheim retiring, the sudden announcement caught the basketball world off-guard. It turns out Autry didn't have much advance notice of the change in leadership, either.

"I didn't have a chance to process it," he said. "I didn't have a chance to get nervous. I just had to go, which was better for me."

Autry had been the associate head coach since 2016 and had long been considered the most logical replacement -- but he said Boeheim never overtly told him a retirement was looming or that he would be tabbed as the next in line. There were some hints in the months prior, though.

He said Boeheim asked to talk to him early last season and started giving him different tasks that Boeheim would normally do himself.

"I still think he just didn't know," Autry said. "He could say he knew, but I think he always kind of left that door open. You know, 'I feel like this now, but maybe it'll change.' I knew it would never be during the season. I didn't know if he would go through the summer and see how he felt. I didn't know what his timeline was."

Autry and Boeheim still speak fairly regularly. In fact, it was a piece of advice that Boeheim gave Autry this past summer that stuck with him more than anything else his mentor said in the past 12 years or during Autry's playing days.

"Do it your way," Autry said Boeheim told him. "Whatever you believe, whatever you think is right, do it your way. And you better believe in it. Because you ain't gonna get anyone else to believe in it, if you don't."

Autry's immediate goal is to get Syracuse back to the NCAA tournament, a place it hasn't been since 2021. The program hasn't gone three heads without an NCAA tournament appearance since the late 1960s and early 1970s, before Boeheim took over as head coach.

The Juice Online - 3 takeaways for Syracuse basketball at ACC Tipoff (r1vals.com; Bierman)

The annual ACC Tipoff media event was held Wednesday in uptown Charlotte. Representing Syracuse were coach Adrian Autry and a trio of players, Judah Mintz, J.J. Starling, and Benny Williams.

Here are three takeaways:

Welcome to the conference, Adrian Autry!

As he does each year, ACC commissioner Jim Phillips officially welcomed the league's first-year coaches, and in this case, provided a shout out to Adrian Autry during his annual forum to start the day-long agenda.

Phillips also spend time discussing:

*The conference's national status and reputation.

"This conference has been undervalued. When you talk about CFP appearances, you talk about National Championships in college football, you talk about the basketball success (three of the last eight NCAA championships with 99 NCAA Tournament wins in that span) you talk about a conference that's won more National Championships than any other conference."

*The success of the conference men's and women's teams both in competition and the classroom, versus being third in revenue payouts behind the Big Ten and SEC.
“Are we chasing dollars, or are we chasing success?”

*Conference newcomers Cal, SMU, and Stanford.

"They bring us two Top 10 markets, and make the conference a national brand."

*Not having all 18 teams (only the current 15) compete in the ACC Basketball Tournament.

"I think you've got to earn your way to play in the most prestigious postseason basketball tournament in the country, and if you don't get to a certain threshold, then you just don't make it that year."

Autry capsulized his new defensive and offensive strategies.

In a shortened press conference format due to scheduling issues, only Autry, Starling, and Mintz took questions. Autry provided a quick scouting report for Orange fans.

"You'll see a difference on both sides of the ball. I think defensively, obviously, the main question is the zone. Will we play zone? Yeah, but is that our primary defense? No. It will not be going forward. We'll play different types of defenses.

Offensively, I think you'll see we're very fortunate to have dynamic guards, two or three on the court at the same time, all can dribble, pass, and shoot. I think you'll see a lot more pace. A lot more spacing, things of that nature."

Mintz explained that efficiency, leadership, and...defense are the keys to raising his NBA stock for next year's draft.

The sophomore guard who benefitted from going through the NBA Draft combine last spring, has also benefitted from the new culture under Autry and holdover assistants Gerry McNamara and Allen Griffin.

His "vow" to Orange fans:

"Defense is everything. You're not going to win a game without getting stops. So I'm ready to prove it this year, what I can do."

Syracuse basketball enters a new era (cbssports.com; video; Finneral)

247Sports' James Finneral discusses the outlook for Syracuse basketball entering the 2023-2024 season.

Keeping Up With The 315 10-25-23 (ESPN; radio; The 315)

Brian Higgins starts the show with a trip down memory lane inspired by the Syracuse football hype video for tomorrow night’s Virginia Tech game, wondering what play in Orange history defines your fandom. Then, a short check-in from Syracuse men’s basketball at the ACC Tipoff event. Later, there are No Wrongs Answers as Brian gives some predictions for tomorrow night’s game and runs the Two-Minute Drill with SUFB DT Kevon Darton.

Adrian Autry leads Syracuse men’s basketball into new era following Jim Boeheim’s retirement (troyrecord.com; AP; Frank)

Things will be just a tad different for Syracuse basketball this season. OK, a lot different.

Retired after 47 years at the helm is Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, along with his 1,116 wins, five Final Four appearances and 2003 national championship. Departed are the veteran transfers: shooting guard Joe Girard, who led Syracuse in scoring and 3-point shooting, and center Jesse Edwards.

And gone also – for the most part – is Syracuse’s signature 2-3 zone defense, which befuddled opponents for years but had become increasingly ineffective in recent seasons.

Patrolling the sideline as coach will be former Syracuse star and longtime assistant Adrian Autry, whose challenge is returning the program to what he calls “the Orange Standard.” For most Syracuse fans, this would mean a return to the NCAA Tournament, something that hasn’t happened the past two seasons — the first time that’s happened since the late 1960s.

The Orange have struggled mightily since joining the ACC. Since a 28-6 record and second-place finish in its inaugural ACC season in 2013-2014, Syracuse has finished no higher than sixth with an overall record of 172-126 and a conference mark of 84-84.

Syracuse had its first losing campaign since 1968-69 two seasons ago, finishing 16-17, and is coming off a mediocre 17-15 record last year.

There are reasons for optimism, though.

All six freshmen return, including point guard Judah Mintz, a projected NBA lottery pick who made the All-ACC freshman team by averaging 16.3 points, 4.3 assists and more than a steal a game. Also returning are sharpshooting forward Chris Bell and Maliq Brown who, at 6-foot-9, can play both forward and center.

Poised for a breakout season is junior forward Benny Williams, a former five-star recruit, who gave a hint of his potential with a 17-point, seven rebound effort in Syracuse’s ACC tournament loss to Wake Forest.

Syracuse Basketball: Judah Mintz big contender for nation’s top PG award (itlh; Adler)

As Syracuse basketball prepares to open its 2023-24 campaign in the near future, sophomore point guard Judah Mintz is racking up all kinds of Atlantic Coast Conference and national preseason accolades.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound Mintz, who hails from the talent-laden Washington, D.C., market, has been named to the preseason watch list for the 2024 Bob Cousy Award, which annually honors the top point guard in Division I men’s hoops, according to SU Athletics and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Judah Mintz is one of 20 players on this preseason watch list. Undeniably, there is fierce competition for Mintz to prevail for this honor, but I do think he will be a significant contender for the Bob Cousy Award throughout the 2023-24 season.

Of the 20 point guards named to the preseason watch list, I’m counting four players from the Atlantic Coast Conference, including Mintz. Additionally, two former Orange recruiting targets, Kentucky freshman D.J. Wagner and Memphis graduate student Jahvon Quinerly, made the cut.

Syracuse basketball point guard Judah Mintz is poised for a big sophomore term.

Mintz, who is from Fort Washington, Md., was a 2022 four-star prospect out of the powerhouse Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va. In his freshman campaign, when the ‘Cuse went 17-15 overall, Judah Mintz averaged 16.3 points, 4.6 assists, 2.3 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 2.4 turnovers per game, while connecting on 44.3 percent from the field, 75.1 percent from the free-throw line and 30.3 percent from beyond the arc.

In the 2022-23 season, Mintz was named to the ACC’s All-Freshman team. He is expected to be in the starting rotation when Syracuse basketball kicks off its 2023-24 term when hosting New Hampshire on Monday, Nov. 6, at the JMA Wireless Dome.

Syracuse Basketball: Chance Westry injury hurts, backcourt depth is strong (itlh; Adler)

I feel absolutely horrible for Syracuse basketball sophomore guard Chance Westry. The 6-foot-6, 190-pound Westry, a transfer from Auburn, suffered a lower-body injury in practice not too long ago that will require a procedure, the team said in a post on X, adding that he “will be out indefinitely.”

This comes after Chance Westry didn’t play all that much in the 2022-23 season for Auburn, due to a knee injury. Myself and every Syracuse basketball fan out there are wishing Chance a speedy recovery.

At the Orange’s recently held annual media day, first-year head coach Adrian Autry said that Westry was the last previously injured ‘Cuse player to be at a “full go” in the squad’s preseason practices, with that occurring roughly two weeks ago from the time that Autry gave his presser on media day.

Chance Westry, who is from Harrisburg, Pa., was a long-time recruiting target of the Syracuse basketball coaching staff. Within the 2022 class, he was generally deemed as a four-star, top-40 national prospect.

In mid-September, during an interview with PennLive, Westry said in part, “This season is big for me. I have high expectations of myself and am glad to be back where I was at a year ago before surgery. I’m ready to play the best basketball of my life.”

Even with Chance Westry injured, Syracuse basketball has strong backcourt depth.

It’s not known at this time when Westry may be available to play for the Orange in the upcoming 2023-24 season, which begins on Monday, Nov. 6, when the ‘Cuse will host New Hampshire.

Westry has been anticipated to be a big contributor to Syracuse basketball in the upcoming stanza, particularly given his versatility to suit up at point guard, shooting guard and small forward. With the Orange having a tough non-conference docket early on in 2023-24, Westry not being able to play is a bummer.

Wildcats Set To Take On Syracuse In Exhibition Contest Friday - Daemen University Athletics (daemenwildcats.com)

EXHIBITION GAME #2

Daemen Wildcats vs. Syracuse Orange
DATE:
Friday, Oct. 27
TIME: 7 p.m.
LIVE STATS: via SU Athletics
LIVE VIDEO: ESPN+

JUMP BALL
Daemen plays the second of two exhibition games against Division I opponents when it takes on Syracuse University Friday night at the JMA Wireless Dome on the SU campus. The two teams also met prior to the 2019-20 season and The Orange posted a 90-71 victory.

SOLID START

Daemen opened its exhibition slate with a four-point (71-67) loss at the University at Buffalo Monday night. Daemen held a 65-61 lead with just over two minutes to play, but the Bulls used a 9-0 run to secure the win. Graduate student Joey Atkins (Watervliet, N.Y.) led all scorers with 19 points and also grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds.

RETURN OF THE MAC
Head coach Mike MacDonald returns for his 10th season on Daemen's bench and his 27th overall as a collegiate head coach. Daemen has posted at least 20 wins in five of the last six seasons (Daemen only played 16 games during the COVID-19 shortened 2020-21 season) and MacDonald has led the Wildcats to a record of 179-74, three NCAA Division II Tournament appearances and the 2021 NCAA Division II East Region title. He has won more games at Daemen than during previous stints as the head coach at Canisius (108 wins in nine seasons) and Medaille (149 wins in eight seasons). MacDonald is among an elite fraternity of coaches to have achieved 100 victories across all three NCAA divisions. His overall career record stands at 436-300 and Daemen's 81-72 win over Roberts Wesleyan on Dec. 8, 2021 was the 400th of his career.

FAMILIAR FACES
Daemen returns all five starters and a total of 14 players from their 2022-23 team which went 20-8 overall and 12-4 in the East Coast Conference. The Wildcats advanced to the ECC Tournament championship game, where they suffered a 72-66 loss to top-seed St. Thomas Aquinas College. All-ECC selections Joey Atkins (Watervliet, N.Y.), Dylan Fasoyiro (Houston, Tex.), Nick MacDonald (Amherst, N.Y.) and Andrew Mason (Webster, N.Y.) all return in 2023-24. Atkins earned first-team All-ECC honors in his first season as a starter last year after averaging 11.9 points and 6.2 rebounds. He also ranked eighth among all Division II players in blocks (65). Fasoyiro averaged a team-high 13.4 points in his first season with the team, while MacDonald contributed 12.4 points. Mason averaged 10.9 points and led all three NCAA divisions in three-point field goal percentage (.516) last year. Veterans Ryan Salzberg (Manlius, N.Y.) and Justin Hemphill (Buffalo, N.Y.) also return. Salzberg, a 6-foot-4 point guard, started all 28 games last year and averaged 32 minutes a game. Hemphill, a 6-foot-6 forward, is coming off a breakout season in which he averaged 9.0 points and a team-high 6.5 rebounds off the bench. Three newcomers join the fold in 2023-24. Redshirt sophomore guard Jarius Jones (Gahanna, Ohio) spent the past two years at Ohio Dominican University. Freshmen Zach Philipkoski (New Harford, N.Y.) and Ryan Heath (Rochester, N.Y.) both earned New York State Class A all-state honors last winter and Philipkoski was also honored as the New York State Class A Player of the Year. Ayden Harrison (Clifton Park, N.Y.), Phil Nwugwo (Rochester, N.Y.) and Jackson Kulik (Webster, N.Y.) also join the mix after redshirting their freshman season last year.

(youtube; video; ACC DN)

Talking to the media at the 2023-24 ACC Tipoff, first-year Syracuse head coach Adrian Autry was asked how special it was to continue the legacy of head coaches who played for Syracuse that has been running since 1975. Autry talked about how special that was and Orange player J.J. Starling and Judah Mintz echoed Autry's statements, saying that the family atmosphere and culture is a big priority for their team.

images

X.com

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse...reno-ecstatic-about-syracuse-basketball-offer (SI; McAllister)

Syracuse basketball extended a scholarship offer to 2025 Georgetown (KY) Great Crossing center Malachi Moreno on Wednesday. Moreno is listed at 6-11, 200 pound and is rated a four star prospect by all of the major recruiting services. He is also ranked as high as 26th by On3.

"It was a funny process," Moreno said. "They called me the day before. It was the first time I talked to them, coach Griff. He was just like, 'hey man. I wanted to reach out and see how much interest you had in Syracuse.' I told him I'm a big Carmelo Anthony fan. He's top five all-time for me. He was just like, 'we'll be in touch. I'll put the head coach on the phone with you tomorrow and we'll go from there.'

"He called my parents and my older brother and told them he was going to offer me a scholarship. He called me the next day and officially extended the scholarship offer. When I got that, I was ecstatic."

Outside of his affinity for Carmelo Anthony, there are other aspects of the Orange that makes Syracuse an attractive option.

"Just the history of Syracuse, where they play, where they're at in the state of New York," Moreno said. "I've always been a fan of Syracuse. I watched Syracuse a lot when I was little. It was just crazy to know that they even had me on their radar."

JJ Starling transfers from Notre Dame to hometown Syracuse: ‘It’s about choosing a place where I could grow the most’ (TNIAAM; Szuba)

Adrian Autry estimates he’s known JJ Starling since he was seven years old. He cites his son Trey, a freshman on the George Washington basketball team, as a close friend of Starling’s. The two Central New York basketball players grew up together. So perhaps Autry’s call to Starling last March after he entered the transfer portal wasn’t all that surprising.

Just hours after Syracuse lost to Wake Forest in the ACC Tournament on March 8, Adrian Autry was named the program’s eighth head coach. On March 13 Starling entered the transfer portal from Notre Dame. Less than 24 hours later, Starling became the first commit to play for Autry as head coach.

“I think we both had kind of had an understanding. It was kind of like a reunion a little bit. He knew what he wanted to do. He knew why I was calling and we got it done pretty easy,” Autry said.

With that, Starling became the first McDonald’s All-American to play at Syracuse since Malachi Richardson. Although it sounds like an emotional homecoming, Starling — who was born in Syracuse and played high school basketball locally at Baldwinsville — says it was more about committing to a place where he felt he could grow the most. The thought process was the same in high school.

“I chose the same decision when I went away for prep school and that was nine hours away from home,” said Starling, referencing La Lumiere in Indiana.

Last January, Notre Dame unconventionally announced an eventual coaching change mid-season. Mike Brey would be retiring after the 2022-23 season. Starling — a consensus five-star, top 25 recruit — was Notre Dame’s highest rated player in program history. But without playing for the head coach that he committed to out of high school, Starling assumed he’d have a lot to think about once the season was over.

After Huggins' exit, interim coach Josh Eilert up for challenge with rebuilt lineup at West Virginia (sandiegouniontribune.com; Raby)

West Virginia had an offseason that no one hoped for.

Hall of Fame coach Bob Huggins is gone following a June drunken-driving arrest. Assistant Josh Eilert was named interim coach and worked feverishly to keep his roster from imploding because players had an emergency 30-day window to enter the transfer portal.

Several veteran players found new schools, others who had entered the portal stayed put and many newcomers arrived weeks after Huggins left. An August exhibition trip to Italy was postponed until next summer.

“It was a balancing act,” Eilert said. “It was a very delicate situation. First and foremost, I wanted to figure out who was all-in and I wanted to back them and let them know that they’re part of the foundation moving forward. And then slowly but surely as the 30 days came to a close, we’d start moving forward and putting those other pieces together and bringing those pieces in.”

On the wall of his office — Huggins’ old office — Eilert has a large photo of his introductory news conference. In the background is a reminder of his current situation: a TV graphic with the word “interim.”

In his view, Eilert, who was given a 10-month contract, is the head coach throughout the upcoming season, interim or not, and he wants to prove that he’s capable of building a program and having that tag removed.

“Now, is there a lot of pressure? Absolutely,” Eilert said. “But I’m excited to take on that challenge.”

Other

CNY village mayor stepping down after one last Christmas tree lighting: ‘I’m sad, but realistic’ (PS; Doran)

After nearly a decade as Baldwinsville’s village mayor, Dick Clarke says he intends to resign Nov. 30. He informed the village board of his intent at a meeting earlier this month.

He wants to oversee his last village Christmas tree lighting around Thanksgiving, one of his favorite events.

“I’m sad, but realistic,” Clarke told syracuse.com | The Post-Standard. “I don’t want to do it, but it’s time.”

Clarke, who will be 77 in January, said it’s due to his health. He said he has arthritis throughout his body, and being mayor takes a physical toll.

“Everything hurts,” he said. “And all the planning during Covid wore me out. It was a lot of work. I keep delaying my departure, but it’s time.”

Clarke’s term would have ended in 2026. He was first elected mayor in 2014, and before that spent five years on the village board. And that was after 36 years working for the Syracuse newspapers and serving as a varsity basketball coach in the Baldwinsville schools.

Clarke said he’s spent most of his life in the spotlight – as a writer, coach and mayor.

“After a while you don’t bounce back from everything like you used to,” he said.

The village board will look to appoint someone to fill out Clarke’s term until the election in March.

Clarke said he’ll concentrate on puttering around the house and doing yard work, and hopes to vacation in North Carolina with his wife and sons, although car rides are hard on his body.

newburycomicslocations_store25.jpg

Newbury Comics opens first-ever Syracuse store at Destiny USA (PS; Herbert)

Newbury Comics has opened its first store in Syracuse, N.Y.

The store, which specializes in music, comics and pop culture collectibles, opened at Destiny USA on Tuesday, according to the mall. A grand opening celebration is scheduled for Nov. 11.

The new Newbury Comics store is located on the first floor in the Macy’s wing of the shopping center.

Newbury Comics is a New England-based chain that sells a mix of comics, manga, vinyl records, novelty T-shirts, Pokemon cards, superhero toys, Funko Pop! collectibles, novelty gifts, games, and some exclusive items. Featured merchandise includes popular franchises like Marvel, DC, “Stranger Things,” “Star Wars,” “Harry Potter,” “Demon Slayer,” “One Piece,” “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “The Office” and “My Hero Academia.”

The company, which was started by two comic book fans in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1978, offers a “wicked good time” at more than 30 stores in six states. The chain opened its first Upstate New York location at the Crossgates Mall near Albany last year.

Newbury Comics is NOW OPEN at Destiny USA! Located on level 1 in the Macy's wing. Discover an awesome...
Posted by Destiny USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2023

6UV33FRLMRAJBG3PVVB4GE36XM.jpg

This video still shows a scene from "Family," a new movie shot in Syracuse by local filmmaker Tyrone “Tizak” Jackson.

‘Family’: Syracuse filmmaker sets red carpet movie premiere for Destiny USA (PS; Herbert)

Syracuse filmmaker Tyrone “Tizak” Jackson is bringing his latest movie to the big screen.

“Family,” written and directed by Jackson, will premiere at Destiny USA’s Regal Cinemas on Friday, Nov. 17. The event features a red carpet at 5:30 p.m., film screening at 6:30 p.m. and an afterparty at Exclusives Bar & Grill (700 North Salina St., Syracuse).

“After being set up to get robbed, West now owes the biggest street hustler in Syracuse named Gunzo $50,000. But some things you just don’t do, and bringing trouble to West family doorsteps is one of them,” the official synopsis says.

Tickets are on sale for $20 through Eventbrite. Additional fees may apply.

“Family” was shot in Syracuse and features local actors, including Jackson. Its tagline (”We pray together, we fight together”) alludes to the story’s drama and a trailer teases how conflict can take a violent turn.

“‘Family’ is more than just a movie; it’s an immersive journey that will touch your heart and leave you pondering the true meaning of family,” the event website says. “With a stellar cast and an incredible storyline, this is a cinematic experience you won’t want to miss!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom