Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

Screen_Shot_2014-09-15_at_12.39.28_PM.0_standard_709.0.png

Mike Hopkins and SU Superfan James Goldstein

BxV4esIIYAE42HD.jpg

Hop in Madrid

Mike Hopkins Tweets Better Than You (TNIAAM; Keeley)

Unlike many Syracuse sports talk radio callers, I'm in no rush for the Jim Boeheim Era to end. That said, when it does, I am super-excited for the potential of the Mike Hopkins Era, on and off the court.

We don't know exactly what kind of head coach Hopkins will be but we do know what kind of social media presence he will have. WAY MORE THAN JAMES ARTHUR.

Other

-53b52fd0e3e3ba67.jpg

What is CNY's Favorite Treat from the Apple Orchard? Consider the Fritter (Video; PS; Cazentre)

Perhaps you like the thought of reaching up into a tree to select your own Macintosh, Empire, Gala or other fresh apples. Or you enjoy being out in the cool crisp air, taking in the scenery.

Some people go apple-picking just for the fritters.

Forget all that healthful, keep-the-doctor-away stuff. These apple treats are coated in batter, dipped in hot oil, and rolled in sugar.

"There's no question we see people coming in for the fritters," said Jennifer Streeter, manager of Deer Run Farms, a small orchard and U-pick location on Route 11A in Lafayette. "They seem to be addictive for some people."

15849981-mmmain.jpg

New York Scores a Hat Trick as Miss America Pageant 2015 Winner is Again From The Empire State (PS; AP)

Miss New York Kira Kazantsev has been named the new Miss America, marking the third year in a row that a contestant from her state has walked away with the crown in the nationally televised pageant.

Kazantsev of Manhattan received the crown Sunday night at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall from outgoing Miss America -- and Miss New York -- Nina Davuluri, of Fayetteville, N.Y.

For her talent performance, Kazantsev sang Pharrell Williams' "Happy" while sitting cross-legged on the stage and banging a red plastic cup on the floor. That immediately touched off a furor on social media networks, where many were critical of her performance.

Five-star guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville (CBS: Borzello)

Antonio Blakeney cemented a top-five recruiting class for Louisville when he committed to the Cardinals earlier this month.

Less than two weeks later, Blakeney is back on the market. He decommitted from Louisville on Monday night.

"I feel like I made a quick emotional decision based on some of the wrong reasons," Blakeney told CBSSports.com...