Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

16127733-mmmain.jpg

Orange Love: SU Hoops Fans Marry 4 Years After Meeting in March Sadness (PS; Herbert)

Syracuse basketball's heart-breaking loss in the 2010 Big East tournament is now the beginning of a heartwarming story.

Stefanie Lampf and Daniel Kennedy -- a.k.a. Stef and Dan -- got married on Saturday in New Jersey, four years after meeting that fateful weekend. The New York Timesreports the pair were both in New York City when SU lost to Georgetown at Madison Square Garden, and both ended up in the same Manhattan bar the next night to sulk and watch the rest of the tourney.

"I noticed her from across the room and was suddenly in a haze; it was like everything around me had disappeared," Kennedy told the Times. "I just thought she was beautiful and I was awe-struck. I knew I would regret it if I didn't go over there and give it a shot."

Not only were they both wearing orange and mourning the same team's loss, but they soon realized they both graduated from Syracuse University in 2006, they both loved sports and they both enjoyed cooking.

Miami Basketball ACC Opponent Preview: Syracuse (stateoftheu.com; Steinberg)

Last season Syracuse appeared to be living a charmed life.

They pulled out close game after close game en route to a 25-0 start with the help of one of the premier clutch players in the country in freshman PG Tyler Ennis.

The magic would run out though, as they would struggle down the stretch, and lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney.

Jim Boeheim's squad will be with out Ennis this year, who bolted to the NBA. They will also be with out a few other key performers.

But a pair of exceptionally talented freshman are in the fold. Will they be enough to keep the Cuse in contention in a hotly contested ACC?

Roster Overview:

We got a special assist from Syracuse Blogger Sean Keely of Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician for this addition. Enjoy!

So for Syracuse basketball, this might be the dreaded rebuilding year we've been trying to avoid. We're losing Tyler Ennis,Jerami Grant, C.J. Fair and Baye Keita, three of our top four scorers and our best hustle guy. We're also probably going to be without DaJuan Coleman, who is still dealing with knee surgery issues. That leaves Trevor Cooney & Rakeem Christmas to be the upperclassman leader of the team (slightly frightening) and puts a whole lot of pressure on freshman Kaleb Joseph (to live up to his two PG predecessors) and freshman Chris McCullough (one-and-done potential).

Other

dome-game-renderingjpg-7324b91da0beba38.jpg

S
yracuse Crunch Carrier Dome Game Will Break AHL Indoor Attendance Mark (PS; Kramer)

The Syracuse Crunch's game against the Utica Comets on Nov. 22 in Syracuse University's Carrier Dome will draw the largest indoor crowd in American Hockey League history.

Crunch owner Howard Dolgon tweeted on Monday that ticket sales for the Frozen Dome Classic have already exceeded the previous mark, which was 20,672 for the Kentucky-Carolina contest on Jan. 18, 1997 in the Greensboro Coliseum. When asked for a specific sales number, Dolgon said it exceeds 21,000.

Syracuse is shooting for the U.S. indoor pro hockey mark of 28,183 set at the Philadelphia-Tampa Bay playoff contest in the Thunderdome on April 23, 1996. The Crunch's rink in the Dome will be set up along the basketball configuration, allowing it to challenge that mark or perhaps even surpass 30,000.

Anyone notice the video of Coleman coming out for his intro at Orange Madness?

Kid still can't run and has a noticeable limp. I don't see him playing before January, if at all. Terrible shame, but his knee is toast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom