Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
images

Welcome to National Fried Scallops Day!

It's National Fried Scallops Day! A scallop is a type of marine mollusk in the Pectindae family. Scallops are typically two to five inches in size and can swim by rapidly opening and closing their shells. The muscle used for this activity is the only part of the animal that we eat.

Scallops are a highly prized seafood delicacy, known for their delectable taste and the variety of ways in which they can be prepared. In Japan, for example, scallops are served in soups or prepared as sushi. In Western cultures, scallops are usually breaded, deep-fried, or sautéed in butter.

To celebrate National Fried Scallop Day, enjoy some delicious fried scallops from your local seafood restaurant. Bon appétit! And props to 'Lil Joe for keeping his word back in the day!

SU News

-6432cac0223f5dc8.jpg

How Will Jim Boeheim's Suspension Impact the Orange? (PS; Waters)

This season will be Jim Boeheim's 40th as the head coach of the Syracuse University men's basketball team.

Think about that. It was 1976.

About the same time that Boeheim was preparing Syracuse to play Harvard in the season opener, Jimmy Carter was beating Gerald Ford in the presidential election.

Viking I landed on Mars. (No signs of salt water). Son of Sam was terrorizing New York. The Toronto Blue Jays had yet to play a game.

"Frampton Comes Alive'' was the No. 1 album on the Billboard charts. Heck, there were albums!

Last season
In his 39th season at Syracuse, Boeheim guided the Orange to an 18-13 record. It was just the third time in his career that Syracuse failed to win at least 20 games.

The Orange played the 2014-15 season under the cloud of the NCAA's investigation into the basketball program. In October, Boeheim was one of several SU athletic department officials who went before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions.

In February, SU officials self-imposed a post-season ban on the Orange.

In March, the day before Syracuse's final regular-season game, the NCAA released its report, hitting SU and Boeheim will multiple penalties.

Despite the specter of the NCAA investigation, plus season-ending injuries to center Dajuan Colema and freshman forward Chris McCullough, it was actually remarkable that Syracuse won 18 games and went 9-9 in the rugged ACC.

usa-today-8355633.0.jpg

What Six-Pack Would You Choose for SU Basketball? (TNIAAM; Keeley, et al)

Wednesday, group sales and mini-pack tickets went on sale for the 2015-2016 Syracuse Orange basketball season. The most major of the mini-packs included the following offer:

Pick Six Pack ($175 per package, a $25 savings):

- Super Premium Game (North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin)

- Premium Games (Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech)

- Non-conference Games (Wisconsin and Exhibition excluded)

Given all the choices, we wanted to see if we could help you make the right ones. So, we put it to the TNIAAM staff...

Which six games would you choose in your Pick-Six?
Kevin Wall
Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, Florida St, St. Bonaventure, Elon and Texas Southern. UNC is the best ACC game on the schedule, but give me the Badgers making a rare appearance in the Dome. Last year's National runner-up lost a lot, but with Bo Ryan's career winding down, I don't want to miss this match-up. Virginia Tech and Florida State expect to be improved in 15-16, especially the Seminoles, so those are the best of that premium group. If you really want to see Boston College, go to the away game where you'll probably get better seats in Conte anyway.For my three non-conference games, I'm going with the old rival in St. Bonaventure, an Elon squad which plays in the Dome's 1st Saturday night game of the season, and the 2015 SWAC Champion Texas Southern.

Other

18880467-mmmain.jpg

'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Actor Arrested in Upstate NY, Accused of Choking Girlfriend (PS; AP)

An actor known for his role in the television series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" has been arrested in Upstate New York after a fight with a girlfriend, police said

Nicholas Brendon, 44, faces charges of robbery, obstruction of breathing and criminal mischief, Saratoga Springs police Lt. Bob Jillson said. Brendon played Xander Harris in the show.

The girlfriend told officers, who were called to a downtown hotel Wednesday night, that she had gone to return property to Brendon and intended to leave, police said. They say Brendon objected, took her car keys and cellphone and started choking her.

Brendon was arrested nearby. He was released from jail Thursday after posting bond. It's unclear if he has a lawyer. He didn't immediately comment on his Facebook page.

A police spokesman told the Albany Times Union that Brendon was involved in several incidents with Saratoga Springs police over the previous week. Police said they answered two calls to check on the actor's health.

The arrest is the latest in a string for the Sherman Oaks, California, resident over the past year.

Syracuse Basketball Season gets off to a exciting start today...
http://www.syracuse.com/sports/inde...lest_as_a_child_in_syracuse.html#incart_river

This deserves its own thread, we should all go over there and post please stop posting this crap on the syracuse basketball boards as the season begins.

This has to be the most trolled sports program in the world. How long have these morons been sitting on this "story" just so they could drop it on the first day of practice so they can pull a dark cloud over another season. It won't work though - only fanatics even know its the first day of practice today. I guess the PS didn't have the patience to wait for the Monday following Selection Sunday - what a bunch of amateurs.

Syracuse Basketball Season gets off to a exciting start today...
http://www.syracuse.com/sports/inde...lest_as_a_child_in_syracuse.html#incart_river

This deserves its own thread, we should all go over there and post please stop posting this crap on the syracuse basketball boards as the season begins.
Hey, I'm not an ostrich. Are you? If not, then stop advocating for ostrich behavior.
This nails it for me; Bernie is not just gay, he is a predator. Like most sex-offenders, he is obsequious and thus less suspicious. The relevant question is; just how prevalent is child predation among homosexuals?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not an ostrich. Are you? If not, then stop advocating for ostrich behavior.
This nails it for me; Bernie is not just gay, he is a predator. Like most s e x-offenders, he is obsequious and thus less suspicious. The relevant question is; just how prevalent is child predation among homos e xuals?
Its so cold in Alaska that I saw 2 lawyers walking down the street and they had their hands in their own pockets!

Its so cold in Alaska that I saw 2 lawyers walking down the street and they had their hands in their own pockets!
I won't forget to tip your waitress.

18878190-mmmain.jpg

Tyus Battle Facing Stiff Competition at USA Camp (PS; Ditota)

Fifteen months have elapsed since Tyus Battle played with and against the kind of talent he'll see this weekend in Colorado Springs.

Battle, the coveted point guard from the Class of 2016 who announced he will play for Syracuse, is headed to USA Basketball's Men's Junior National Team minicamp this weekend. He was one of 57 invitees to the event, which will showcase the best high school talent in America.

Since Battle played for the United States U17 team in August 2014, he has mostly nursed injuries. He is finally healthy enough to play.

"He hasn't played against this level of competition at all in quite a long time," his dad, Gary, said by telephone. "He's really excited, I know that. He's quiet and focused."

When those top high school basketball prospects gather from Oct. 2-4 in Colorado Springs to participate in USA Basketball's Men's Junior National Team minicamp, Battle's won't be the only familiar name to Syracuse fans.

The Orange is recruiting five other players, including Class of 2017 prospects Mohammed Bamba (Westtown School, Pa.), Michael Porter, Jr. (Father Tolton Catholic, Mo.), Trevon Duval (Advanced Prep, Texas) and Kevin Knox (Tampa Catholic, Fla.). The Orange has also expressed an interest in 2018 prospect Cameron Reddish (Westtown School, Pa.). All are expected to attend the USA camp.

So during JB's suspension he can't have any contact with the players or coaches...and he can't even go to his office. IMO he is going to go stir crazy with hoop withrawal and it wouldn't surprise me if it made him realize how much he still WANTS to coach.

So during JB's suspension he can't have any contact with the players or coaches...and he can't even go to his office. IMO he is going to go stir crazy with hoop withrawal and it wouldn't surprise me if it made him realize how much he still WANTS to coach.
I'm sure he will watch a ton of games and maybe even learn how to use the internet

I'm sure he will watch a ton of games and maybe even learn how to use the internet

He's got a packed schedule actually. He's going to be doing one week of the Igor BBall Camp in Florida. Unfortunately things didn't work out to where he could do all 12 weeks, but the week is getting be there covers most of "how to chew gum" and he will also see a little bit of the 4 day segment on "The Art of the Rant."

He's got a packed schedule actually. He's going to be doing one week of the Igor BBall Camp in Florida. Unfortunately things didn't work out to where he could do all 12 weeks, but the week is getting be there covers most of "how to chew gum" and he will also see a little bit of the 4 day segment on "The Art of the Rant."
Actually he is going to rehab for his Rhinotillexomania disease. People don't realize it's a serious addiction.
http://www.hypnosisfiles.com/tag/nose-picking-addiction

playing golf today, and then fishing for some cohos to give away to people that do not catch their own, but termination dust is on the mtns. and first frost was last night. If I see any attorneys with hands in their own pockets I will faint.

Someone may want to change that countdown clock cause according to that we still have 14 days till practice starts. Way to go Bees ;)