For folks, who don't read the recruiting board ... | Syracusefan.com

For folks, who don't read the recruiting board ...

Stevie Thompson's son has been offered an SU scholarship. Looks like he's quite a prospect ...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...d98d696dfff#cmpid=nsltr_herostrybutton_single
He was really impressive playing on ESPNU recently against SU targets Green and Bamba.

His biggest strength is his ability to shoot from the outside. Guess he gets that from his mom.

I thought he was one of the best players on the court and would be an awesome player for us. Has good size, excellent athletic ability and is a great student too.

He was really impressive playing on ESPNU recently against SU targets Green and Bamba.

His biggest strength is his ability to shoot from the outside. Guess he gets that from his mom.

I thought he was one of the best players on the court and would be an awesome player for us. Has good size, excellent athletic ability and is a great student too.
Agreed Tom, the only other one who impressed me shooting like that was Brandon Randolph, who SU has also offered. Doubt we get Thompson but would take Randolph in a heartbeat.

Agreed Tom, the only other one who impressed me shooting like that was Brandon Randolph, who SU has also offered. Doubt we get Thompson but would take Randolph in a heartbeat.
As Francis noted Randolph just got offered by UNC, to go with others that have come in recent weeks. AZ, Cuse, Nova, etc. That battle is gonna be real tough. Need to lock up Quade as soon as possible so he can help Moyer recruit these guys! :)

As Francis noted Randolph just got offered by UNC, to go with others that have come in recent weeks. AZ, Cuse, Nova, etc. That battle is gonna be real tough. Need to lock up Quade as soon as possible so he can help Moyer recruit these guys! :)

You said Battle. He's terrific. Sorry, one track mind.

Smart kid - 4.3 GPA. (Back when I went to school, 4.0 was the limit.)
GPA's in high school are weighted, so an A in AP Calculus is worth more than an A in Home Economics. That's how you get greater than 4.0.

GPA's in high school are weighted, so an A in AP Calculus is worth more than an A in Home Economics. That's how you get greater than 4.0.

tumblr_inline_mjzgvrh7Uv1qz4rgp.gif

sutomcat said:

Stevie was listed at 6'4 - he was 6'2 at best - wonder how close his son really is to 6'4?

stevie had this weird ability to hang in the air. Sure he could jump high..but it seemed like he could maintain the same height for a longer period of time than other players...sort of like princess in that one mario brothers game.

Sounds like it is time to bring back Stevie Sr. back to take Hops place on the bench when Hop takes over for JB. I say this of course with no clue how good of a coach Stevie Sr is. Stevie Sr could bring both of his sons with him and it would keep the bench full of only SU alum coaches. Like Tomcat said earlier, his son was lights out during the EYBL this past week. I still have Green as my #1 priority, not that I mater.

Stevie was listed at 6'4 - he was 6'2 at best - wonder how close his son really is to 6'4?
But he could jump like he was 6' 10" !

44" vertical if I remember correctly.

Based upon that picture, he looks about the same height as his dad [discounting the Fletch hair bonus height].

His father was an excellent student too. Would be a great addition.

The type of kid who'd show up at professors' office hours to chat about literature. Not for help, for fun. (Even among academically-inclined student-athletes, this stands out as unusual.)

The Thompsons value education. They're great people and the younger son would be a super addition, would be cool if we could get him back East.

thats not the way all high schools do it. that seems to be more normal in bigger schools.

thats not the way all high schools do it. that seems to be more normal in bigger schools.
I went to a tiny school that only had two AP courses and a couple distance learning classes through a junior college. Those courses were still weighted that way. Actually we used numerical grades so a 90 in an AP class was a 99 (90 x 1.1)

Gillon will be visiting Syracuse on Friday also. A lot of recruits this weekend! Pretty nice weather too.

Gillon will be visiting Syracuse on Friday also. A lot of recruits this weekend! Pretty nice weather too.
Odd weekend for a massive recruit visit. All the coaches will be at Turning Stone on Saturday for the Boeheim Foundation's annual Basket Ball.

Odd weekend for a massive recruit visit. All the coaches will be at Turning Stone on Saturday for the Boeheim Foundation's annual Basket Ball.
I would think it would make sense because all the coaches along with current and former players will be in town. Is there a rule against recruits going to the event.

I'm pretty sure if I'm reading all the articles in the right sequence Gillon will not be joining our team.