Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant

Welcome to World Brain Tumor Day!

June 8th is celebrated as world Brain tumor day. This day was initiated by German Brain tumor Association in the year 2000 with the aim to spread awareness about this lethal disease. Several researches have been going on for the treatment of Brain tumors. NAYS convey a short article to spread awareness among the common people in Pakistan about this disease.

SU News

091215_S_FBvsWF_ChaseGuttman_APE-3435.jpg

Syracuse Football: Will Eric Dungey Throw for 3,000 Yards This Season? (TNIAAM; Menefee)

Is Coach Babers's system enough to get Dungey 3,000 yards in his sophomore season?

ESPN's Andrea Adelson has chosen quarterback Syracuse Orange quarterback Eric Dungey as the fifth-most likely QB to throw for 3,000 yards in the ACC this season.

Coach Dino Babers has yet to name a starter, but here is betting Dungey emerges as the starter. We saw glimpses of his potential when he was healthy last season. If he can stay healthy and start all 12 games, he has a good shot at 3,000 based on history alone. In four years as a head coach (Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green), Babers has always had a 3,000-yard passer. In fact, his starting quarterbacks have averaged 4,248 yards.

So let's look at the likelihood of Dungey throwing for 3,000 yards.

On one hand, quarterbacks in a Babers-led offense have done really well at other schools. In Babers's first year at Eastern Illinois, junior QB Jimmy Garoppolo, who is now Tom Brady's backup with the Patriots, threw for 3,823 yards. He averaged 318.6 yards per game, improving his average from the year prior by 78.2 ypg or 1,179 total yards. In Babers's second year, Garoppolo threw for 5,050 yards.

At Bowling Green, quarterback James Knapke threw for 3,173 yards when Babers took the helm. Knapke started the season as a second-string QB but ended up starting after QB Matt Johnson got injured in the opener. Johnson then started for the Falcons last season and accumulated 4,946 yards.

marone600-011416.jpg

Syracuse Football: Doug Marrone Is & Always Will Be Our Dad (TNIAAM; Keeley)

After seeing Doug Marrone "unplugged," it's abundantly clear that our complicated relationship with Saint Doug is the way that he's basically our Dad.

I've always been a fairly decent Doug Marrone supporter. Sure I was miffed when he bolted from the Syracuse Orange after four years to take a gig with the Buffalo Bills, but I've written more things defending Saint Doug in the years since than probably anyone.

I don't think I quite realized why I do that until I watched this video of Marrone mic'd up during a Jacksonville Jaguars OTA practice last week. Then it became abundantly clear. Doug Marrone is my Dad. He's all our Dads.

He sings (badly) while everyone is trying to get work done. Try as you might to ignore him, he refuses to leave your periphery and he refuses to sing songs relevant to your interests.

Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse tops Michigan RB/DB Allen Stritzinger’s list (the juice; Cheng)

It’s official! Otto is the best mascot in the ACC. On to today’s recruiting links…

MLive’s Jared Purcell writes that Michigan RB/DB Allen Stritzinger has Syracuse at the top of his list. Other schools he’s considering include Michigan and Western Michigan. “I like Syracuse a lot,” Stritzinger said. “I love Syracuse. I’ve been there four times. My dad loved it and my mom loved it.”

At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.’s Brandon Huffman caught up with Syracuse quarterback commitTommy DeVito after the Elite 11. The Don Bosco Prep prospect turned in a good performance and talked about his commitment to the Orange, as well. He is currently a two-star prospect.

Qadir White tweeted that he picked up two offers from Syracuse and Rutgers. The 2018 offensive lineman prospect from New York also holds offers from Pitt, Bowling Green and Boston College.

Other

20441779-mmmain.jpg

I-81 viaduct project: Public meeting scheduled June 9 in Syracuse (PS; McAndrew)

New York state transportation officials will discuss at a public meeting June 9 some features that are almost certain to be included in the Interstate 81 viaduct replacement project.

The state Department of Transportation is holding the meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at H.W. Smith Elementary School, 1130 Salt Springs Road.

Officials will talk about features that are common to all of the I-81 viaduct replacement alternatives that DOT is considering in the project.

The common features include:

• Connecting I-81 with Interstate 690 on the west side of Syracuse. Currently, southbound traffic on I-81 has to get off the highway and onto city streets to travel west on I-690. Eastbound traffic on I-690 has to get off the highway to go north on I-81.
  • Adding a new lane in each direction on I-81 from I-690 north to Hiawatha Boulevard to increase capacity.
  • Redesigning the West Street interchange with I-690
  • Realigning the Butternut Street bridge over I-81 to connect to Clinton and Franklin Streets.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom