Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant

Welcome to National IPA Day!

National IPA Day is celebrated to increase appreciation for one of the world's most popular types of craft beer: the India Pale Ale—commonly known as the IPA. Made with hops and pale malts, the IPA has a full-bodied taste that is bold and bitter. It has a higher alcohol content than the average beer, and many different hop strains are used to brew it. The day brings together large and small breweries, and beer lovers and connoisseurs, for IPA tastings, festivals, and other events.

Although some evidence suggests IPAs were being made in England before they started being sent to India, they gained their name because British sailors traveling to India as part of the East India Company began drinking them in the late eighteenth century. One reason sailors brought them on their journey was the hot climate of India made it difficult to brew beer there. The pale ales had a higher hop content, which helped them better keep their taste as they traveled from England to India, as hops are a natural preservative. They were not the only beer that could be shipped at the time, though, as porters were also shipped to India and California.

SU News

Babers: No timeline for return of Thompson, others in no-contact jerseys (PS; $; Leiker)

Four Syracuse football players wore green no-contact jerseys Wednesday morning, the first day of fall camp.

Linebacker Stefon Thompson, tight end Dan Villari, linebacker Austin Roon and walk-on defensive back Cam Reirden all could not participate in contact drills.

Dino Babers said after practice he has not been given a timeline for when the players are expected to be full-go. It’s likely those guys will see the most action during the first few days of practice, when players aren’t dressed in full pads, Babers said.

For Thompson, Babers said the team is being cautious due to his game experience and value.

Thompson suffered a lower-body injury early in the 2022 season opener against Louisville and has been out since. He was still wearing a brace on his leg Wednesday.

“It’s one of those things if we get him on the field, we don’t want to lose him,” Babers said.

Going one-on-one with SU football head coach Dino Babers podcast; Orange Zone)

Going one-on-one with SU football head coach Dino Babers

Syracuse football recruit spotlight: 2024 LB Jayden Brown (cbssports.com; video; Finneral)

247Sports' James Finneral highlights 2024 Syracuse linebacker commit Jayden Brown.

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/recruiting/syracuse-prioritizing-2025-in-state-db-armani-cabrera (SI; McAllister)

One of the top players in the 2025 class in New York State is Staten Island (NY) Curtis defensive back Armani Cabrera. Syracuse has been after Cabrera for a while, extending an offer in July 2021 and hosting him for a game last fall.

"Back in September, I went to the season opener against Louisville," Cabrera said. "(It was) electrifying. Just being in the crowd with the fans and then watching out for the position I play. At the time it was Duce Chestnut and he was showing what it was like playing in a huge game at the power five level."

August first marked the first day of permitted initiated direct contact from schools to class of 2025 prospects. One of the players Syracuse immediately reached out to was the 5-11, 165 pound Cabrera.

"It definitely is a great feeling," Cabrera said. "I'm grateful and appreciative for every moment of it, but at the same time I know there's others out there like me that are working. So I'm doing what I have to do so Syracuse can keep on recruiting heavy and stay in contact."

Gadsden lands Syracuse on 2023 All-ACC preseason team (PS; $; Leiker)

Only one Syracuse football player landed on the 2023 All-ACC preseason team, and there’s no surprise in who it is.

Orange tight end Oronde Gadsden II was the sole player selected at his position, receiving 89 of 176 votes to land on the team. Media members who attend ACC Kickoff elect the team at the same time they submit preseason rankings.

Clemson led with seven players making the team, followed by Florida State with four and then University of North Carolina, Duke and Miami with three each.

Gadsden was a first team All-ACC selection at the end of 2022 after posting 969 yards and six touchdowns on 61 receptions. He’s already been named to Phil Steele’s preseason All-America third team and All-ACC first team, too.

Sharing his 1-ON-1's w/ Syracuse Orange Head Football Coach Dino Babers, DB Justin Barron, & WR Damien Alford, concluding w/ Sportswriter Alex Dodd talking ACC

Isaiah Jones "The 315" 8-2-23 (ESPN; radio; The 315)

Current Syracuse Football player Isaiah Jones joins the show to talk about his progress post injury and shares in the excitement of the upcoming season

"Keeping Up With The 315" 8-2-23 (ESPN; radio; The 315)

First, Brian talks possible league realignments. Later, he discusses the latest news out of Syracuse Football’s training camp, before finally, wrapping it up with C.J. Fair as the two take a ride down memory lane and discuss which of Fair’s SU highlights are his favorite and more

Shrader returns to field as practice begins for Syracuse football (spectrumlocalnews.com; MacWilliam)

Practice is officially underway for Syracuse football. The Orange took the field Wednesday morning for the first day of fall practice. It's also the first time quarterback Garrett Shrader hit the gridiron since the Pinstripe Bowl.

Shrader missed spring practice recovering from offseason surgery on his throwing arm. He will be on a "pitch count," according to coach Dino Babers, and that was evident in day one. But Shrader was feeling good as he looks to lead SU to another bowl game this winter.

"I threw a bunch today," Shrader said after practice. "I felt good. I feel really good. And the big thing is just not trying to do too much and get ahead of yourself to where you put yourself back and you have to start cutting your reps out. But I know today was a great day, and I did a lot more than I thought I'd be able to, so that was encouraging as well."

His return is a boost. He didn't shy away from what he thinks this team is capable of.

What You Need To Know

• Practice is officially underway for Syracuse football
  • QB Garrett Shrader is back for the Orange after missing the spring recovering from offseason surgery
  • He said day one back felt good, adding he's more than confident this team will be bowl eligible

"This team will be bowl eligible. It's just, now just what else can we do to win those close games? I mean, it's like two years ago, we lost four games by three points. Last year, we go 6-0, we get beat up. So this team is deeper than both of those teams, and we have more talent in both of those teams the past two years."

On Tuesday, Babers stressed the importance of getting off to a fast start in camp, and he thought the team did just that.

Syracuse football opens camp for 2023 season (wbng.com; video)

Syracuse football opens camp for 2023 season

Syracuse football: 21 questions as the Orange get started on the 2023 season (TNIAAM; Wall)

The Syracuse Orange are getting ready for the 2023 football season while 50 Cent is coming to Upstate NY as part of his Final Lap Tour.

What do the two of these things have in common? In one sense you could say Dino Babers needs this year to Get Rich (with an extension) or Die Tryin’ (end this era of Syracuse football) and we know that many men in the media wish bad outcomes on the Orange,

“Got some questions that we got to ask and we hope you can come up with the answers Otto”

1. Will Garrett Shrader start every game this season?
  2. How will new OL coach Steve Farmer’s group hold up?
  3. Can the Orange effectively replace Szmyt Happens?
  4. Will LeQuint Allen be able to put the last few months behind him and give the Syracuse offense another home run threat?
  5. Is this the season a tight end catches more than 20 passes?
  6. How does the revamped secondary perform?
  7. Do we dare dream of consecutive seasons with a top-25 Syracuse Football team?
  8. Why can’t we combine the Duke’s Mayo Bowl and the Pop-Tarts Bowl? (asking for Mike Golic Jr)
  9. Will a punt hit the giant Dome scoreboard?
  10. Speaking of the JMA Dome, will the wi-fi really work this fall?
  11. Can Stefon Thompson return to form and bolster the Syracuse pass rush?
  12. Which transfer will have the biggest impact on the season?
  13. Is this the year Dino Babers defeats his greatest nemesis, clock management?
  14. What’s the Syracuse pre-game hype video theme song?
  15. Can the students continue to pack their part of the Dome?
  16. Why hasn’t Riley Dixon’s jersey been retired?
  17. If there isn’t a home football game for the month of October, will there be an apple and pumpkin shortage in CNY?
  18. Do we get a new alternate uniform/helmet this year?
  19. Can Syracuse just get to 6 wins before the Pitt game, and then win that one, so we don’t hear more “Why did they move the game to Yankee Stadium?” talk?
  20. Does Oronde Gadsden get some All-America love this year?
  21. Finally...do you still have love for the Cuse?
Countdown to kickoff: Syracuse football holds first preseason practice (localsyr.com; Sacco)

“This team will be bowl eligible!” Those were the words of SU senior quarterback Garrett Shrader following Syracuse’s first official practice of the preseason.

Dino Babers and the Orange are coming off of a 7-6 season in 2022. In the seven years prior under Babers, Syracuse has only made a bowl game twice (2018 & 2022).

All eyes were on Shrader Wednesday, as he returned to the playing field after missing spring practice due to surgery on his arm. Dino Babers stated on Tuesday that Shrader will be on a ‘pitch count’ to limit the number of throws early on in the preseason.

One player that was not out on the field yet for camp was sophomore running back LeQuint Allen. Allen is likely to rejoin the team next week after his legal battle with Syracuse University.

Wednesday, Syracuse tight end Oronde Gadsden II was selected to the All-ACC preseason team. North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye was named the conference’s preseason player of the year.

Axe: Babers provides a self prophecy as he begins 8th season coaching SU football (PS; $; Axe)

Dino Babers has seen a seismic shift in the college football world in his time at Syracuse.

He cited the major change agents again on Tuesday.

Covid. The transfer portal. Name, image and likeness (NIL).

Syracuse is still feeling the impact all three had wrought on the program’s roster construction.

Babers also knows the bottom line: Adapt or die.

“You have to be able to adjust and improvise and adapt,” Babers said on the eve of his eighth training camp as head coach at Syracuse. “And if you do those things, then you may be around to tell the story later.

“If you don’t, you may not be around at all,” Babers said.

Babers deserves credit for being self-aware of the “winning season or else” narrative bubbling around his bunch.

That said, put the here and now demands aside for a moment.

Babers’ 39 years in coaching asks for a little time to sit back and listen, as he was willing to share a rare occurrence this week.

“I really don’t get nervous,” Babers said. “I mean, it’s work. (Wednesday) we go to work. We go to work for the month of August, and then when the work’s done, that’s when the cake is baked and we gotta see what we got for the season. That being said, I woke up at 4 o’clock this morning, which is very unusual. I did get five and a half hours. I went to bed early. But it’s very unusual for me to wake up that early.”

ACC News

ACC football: What to watch in 2023 training camp for every team (247sports.com; Hughes)

The 2023 college football season is rapidly approaching, and teams across the ACC look to put the finishing touches on their rosters as they report to training camp over the next couple of days. Using intel from 247Sports insiders and ACC team site analysts, we’re highlighting the top position battles, coaching changes and breakout candidates to watch out for as teams hit the practice fields.

At least six of the 14 ACC schools have a new starting quarterback this year, setting the stage for several exciting competitions over the next few weeks. Countless other position battles continue after fierce competitions this spring.

Clemson hiring Garrett Riley and Miami replacing both coordinators highlighted an abundant set of staff changes this offseason, and training camp is the last chance to install their game plans ahead of Week 1.

Below is one thing to watch for every ACC team in fall camp ahead of the 2023 season.

BOSTON COLLEGE: TRANSFER WR RYAN O'KEEFE FILLING IN FOR ZAY FLOWERS

The Eagles lost their most productive wideout this offseason and are turning to UCF transfer Ryan O'Keefe to help fill the void. At 5-foot-10, O'Keefe is the same height as Flowers and will be hard to discern from the two-time first-team All-ACC performer when the pads come on.
"Coaches on BC's staff have been raving about O'Keefe's speed, saying he would beat Flowers in a straight line," EagleInsider's Mitch Wolfe wrote. "Flowers probably wins the route-running battle between the two, but that is partially a result of their respective offensive schemes. After the catch, these players are relatively similar, but Flowers' unique ability to throttle down from his full sprint and stop on a dime is hard for anyone, let alone O'Keefe, to replicate."

SYRACUSE: NEW STARTERS ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE NEED TO PERFORM

The Orange allowed 43 sacks last season, the second-most in the ACC, and lost three starters this offseason. An inside source told 247Sports five names to keep an eye on during camp.
"Some returners like Josh Ilaoa and Enrique Cruz will challenge for starting spots," the source said. "There are also some transfers and JUCO guys who could be in the mix like David Wohlabaugh, Joe More and J'Onre Reed."

Clemson Leads With Seven on All-ACC Preseason Team; UNC’s Maye Projected as POTY (theacc.com)

Clemson leads all programs with seven players on the 27-member 2023 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Preseason Football Team announced on Wednesday.

Florida State followed with four selections, while North Carolina had three picks, including redshirt sophomore quarterback Drake Maye, who was voted the ACC Preseason Player of the Year. Maye was named 2022 ACC Player of the Year and ACC Freshman of the Year.

Duke and Miami also had three honorees on the Preseason All-ACC Team.

The 2023 Preseason All-ACC Football Team was selected via a vote of a panel of 176 media members who were among those who were credentialed for last week’s ACC Football Kickoff in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Maye comes off a record-setting season in his first year as the Tar Heels’ starting quarterback. He passed for 3,847 yards and 35 touchdowns to go along with 629 yards rushing and six rushing TDs. He is just the ninth FBS quarterback since 2010 to post 3,500 passing yards, 35 passing TDs, 500 rushing yards and five rushing TDs in a season. The Huntersville, North Carolina, native also became the only ACC player in the last 25 years to register at least 300 passing yards and 50 rushing yards in four consecutive games.

Maye led the 2023 ACC Preseason Player of the Year balloting with 88 votes, followed by Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis (66), who was Second-Team All-ACC last season after passing for 3,214 yards and 24 touchdowns and rushing for 417 yards and seven TDs. Clemson running back Will Shipley totaled 17 votes, as six players total received votes for Preseason Player of the Year.

Notes and Observations from UNC Football's First Fall Practice - Chapelboro.com (chapelboro.com; Koh)

The UNC football team held its first official practice of the fall season Wednesday morning in Chapel Hill, exactly one month before the Tar Heels will take the field against South Carolina in Charlotte.

Here are my notes and observations from the practice:

• Buy stock in receiver Tez Walker. The ACC media are clearly all-in on the Kent State transfer, having voted him to the preseason all-conference team. Walker took snaps with the first team offense all morning and took a tunnel screen from Drake Maye to the house for a touchdown. Walker’s combination of size and speed will make him a valuable target for Maye this season.
  • Jonathan Adorno, William Barnes, Spencer Rolland, Corey Gaynor and Coastal Carolina transfer Willie Lampkin were the first offensive line group out on the field. Fans clamoring to see former five-star recruit Zach Rice had to wait until the second team played. “We’ve just gotta keep getting better,” Brown said about the group. “We’ve talked about it every year, but then we play six or we may play seven. I’d like to play eight at least.”
  • For the most part, the top four defensive linemen were Kaimon Rucker, Jahvaree Ritzie, Des Evans and Myles Murphy. UNC’s defensive line can almost do nothing but improve from 2022, when they only registered 17 sacks in 14 games. Former five-star prospect Travis Shaw has not yet made the breakthrough to the first unit, but according to Brown is making strides in his fitness. Shaw is down to 340 pounds from 375. “He’s made the weight loss that he needed to,” Brown said. “How many plays can he play in the heat? That’s been one of the questions.”
  • UNC’s new-look secondary featured East Tennessee State transfer and FCS All-American Alijah Huzzie playing with the first team, along with Marcus Allen at the other cornerback spot. Don Chapman, Georgia State transfer Stick Lane, redshirt freshman Tayon Holloway and DeAndre Boykins also saw high snap counts with the first team at safety and nickelback.
  • Maye missed a few deep passes Carolina fans are used to seeing him complete, overshooting Kamari Morales and Kobe Paysour on go routes. Brown didn’t seem stressed about the rust, though. “I don’t think Drake’s changed in any way,” Brown said, “other than he’s more confident.”

Playoff Projections 2023 Aug 2 (RX; HM)

Playoff Projections 2023 Aug 2

The first two teams to play, the NC State Wolfpack and the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, are already in training camp. The last two teams, the Clemson Tigers and the Duke Blue Devils, should be in camp by this Friday. Football season is that close!

From ESPN+: The 17 teams that can make the College Football Playoff, here are the ACC schools with a good shot at the playoffs [I added some bold and italics highlights]...

Clemson

Last year's record: 11-3
FPI projection: Make playoff: 24.2% | Win national title: 2.8%
Agree or disagree with FPI: Agree. Clemson has plenty of opportunities to impress the selection committee and a great chance to make the ACC championship game during the league's first season without divisions. Florida State is hardly the only obstacle to the CFP, though.
Toughest test: Sept. 23 vs. Florida State. This will be the early indicator of which team to take a little more seriously as the ACC's best hope at a top-four team. FSU, led by Heisman hopeful quarterback Jordan Travis, will have already learned a lot about itself from its opener against LSU.

ACC Commish Named 2023-24 CCA VP (RX; HM)

ACC Commish Named 2023-24 CCA VP

From the official ACC release of Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2023...

Phillips Named CCA Vice President
2023-24 Executive Committee Announced

CHARLOTTE – Atlantic 10 Conference Commissioner Bernadette V. McGlade will serve as President of the Collegiate Commissioners Association (CCA), while Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Commissioner Jim Phillips was approved as the organization’s Vice President, the CCA announced at the conclusion of the annual June meeting. Additionally, recently retired Big South Commissioner Kyle Kallander will serve as the Secretary / Treasurer for the association.
McGlade is entering her 16th year as Atlantic 10 Commissioner, the second-longest serving commissioner at a Division I Conference. During her career, she has also served on numerous NCAA and Conference committees, the NCAA Division I Council, the NCAA Women’s Basketball Selection Committee and most recently the NCAA Men’s Basketball Selection Committee. Prior to her appointment at the Atlantic 10, McGlade served for 11 years at the ACC and 17 years at Georgia Tech. McGlade began her career as the head coach of Georgia Tech women’s basketball before transitioning to administration.

Dunce Corner

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/foot...ssage-to-acc-during-board-of-trustees-meeting (SI; Lewis)

Florida State is at risk of falling behind the country with the growing revenue gap between the Big Ten/SEC compared to the ACC. University leadership is aware of the problem and recently addressed the issue during a Board of Trustees meeting on Wednesday afternoon.

FSU President Richard McCullough sent a major message to the ACC about the program's future with the conference. It's clear that the Seminoles are willing to do whatever they have to do to stay among the premier programs in the country.

"We currently as you all know face a very difficult situation. We are seeing large media deals that have been made with places like the Big Ten and the SEC which in many ways are creating an existential crisis for Florida State University as we will be $30 million per school per year behind in our gap in conference distribution with contracts that are set to go through 2036," McCullough said. "Without increasing revenue, we will raise major challenges to compete in football, NIL, coaching salaries, and attractive facilities to continue building our brand and be competitive. Our Title IX could be completely affected in a very dramatic way."

FSU football: ACC fans and media salty after BOT meeting (chopchat.com; Hunt)

FSU football must leave the ACC if they want to play big-boy football. It’s that simple with teams in the SEC and B1G in line to earn multiple millions more from the media right deals than what the FSU will earn from the ACC between now and 2036.

FSU hinted things needed to change earlier this year, and the ACC doesn’t have the leverage to make a dent in the revenue gap that will occur.

FSU leadership knows and understands that, and have gone public with what they’ve known internally for a few years.

FSU must leave the ACC, no matter the cost. Here’s why:

This is why FSU would consider paying $30 million a year to leave the ACC a decade early pic.twitter.com/CS5uiUcYjx
— FSU Reddit (@RFSUSports) July 31, 2023

Below are some quotes from the BOT meeting among FSU leadership Wednesday:

FSU president Richard McCullough: “We are not satisfied w/our current situation. We love the ACC. Our goal to stay in the ACC, but to stay in ACC under current situation is hard for us to figure out how we remain competitive unless there is a major change in revenue distribution…
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 2, 2023

Florida State president Richard McCullough threatens FSU might leave ACC. “I think FSU at some point will consider leaving the ACC unless there is a radical change in ACC revenue distribution.”

Florida State Trustee Drew Weatherford: “It’s not a matter of if we leave (the ACC), but how & when we leave”

FSU Trustee Justin Roth: “A solution under current (ACC) TV deal very unlikely. Leads us to what’s next? The alternative for us staying in this conference for next 13 years is death by a 1,000 cuts. Waiting is not the answer.” Also says FSU needs an exit plan in next 12 months

FSU leadership makes it clear they are going to leave the ACC. The reason is clear, yet some ACC media and fans from other ACC teams seem to want to play coy and point out things that are irrelevant:

Media and Fan Reaction

Florida State was a combined 26-33 and without a winning season in the ACC between 2017-21.
I don’t think the latest media rights deals for the Big 10 and SEC were their biggest issue. https://t.co/JtJ5i29tcL
— Les Johns (@Les_Johns) August 2, 2023

It was the worst FSU period in most of our life times, yet FSU remains the program with the most viewership in the entire conference. That’s what matters, sir. Wake Forest wouldn’t know anything about that though.

FSU can’t even consistently beat NC State and Wake Forest. https://t.co/Eo3bcrQNGU

— Joe Ovies (@joeovies) August 2, 2023

Is Florida State leaving the ACC? CFB insider gives insight into the ongoing conference re-alignment rumor (sportskeeda.com; Yusuf)

Florida State appears to be the next in line to make a conference realignment move in the world of college sports. According to college football insider Greg Swaim, the university will move out of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Rumors of a potential exit from the conference started to come out earlier this week, but it looks like it will materialize soon. However, it is still unknown what conference the Seminoles will be moving to after their exit from the ACC, but there’s been a mention of the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten in some quarters.

SWAIM SHOW
@GSwaim

The #FSU getting out of the #ACC has been heating up all week and now getting information that this will actually happen. Starting to wonder if conference realignment will ever end?! pic.twitter.com/sC8ADXK9BD

Florida State President previously gave realignment indications

Florida State has been working on a potential realignment for a while and the school's top officials haven't made the plan a secret. President Richard McCollough noted that the university would be aggressive in pursuit of a realignment.

Speaking at the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce Conference in August 2022, McCollough revealed that Florida State was active in realignment talks and was getting some help. This was in a bid to ensure the university remained competitive in college sports.

Other

4J7C6OMZRRGZ7PNLDXTCTYHK5Y.JPG

Designated smoking areas at the 2023 New York State Fair will be located outside the gates to the fairgrounds. In 2022, six enclosures like this one were located on the fairgrounds itself. (Don Cazentre | dcazentre@syracuse.com)

Where can you smoke at the NYS Fair? New rules push tobacco, cannabis use off the fairgrounds (PS; Cazentre)

The New York State Fair has adopted a new policy that prohibits all smoking and vaping (both tobacco and cannabis) on the fairgrounds.

Instead, the fair has identified new designated smoking areas located about 50 feet outside of five pedestrian-use gates, fair spokesperson Alice Maggiore said. That means there will be no smoking allowed either indoors or outdoors on the fairgrounds itself.

Fairgoers will able to smoke in the designated areas before they enter the fairgrounds. They will also be allowed to exit the gates (and obtain a re-entry wristband), then return after using the smoking areas.

It’s a change from last year, when the fair adopted new rules that limited smoking to several enclosures on the grounds. Before that, the long-time policy was that smoking was allowed in most outdoor areas of the fairgrounds, but not inside buildings or covered tents and pavilions.

Things began to change in 2021, the first fair after marijuana use became legal in New York. Many fairgoers complained to officials about the marijuana smoke and smell that began to permeate the grounds. Complaints continued last year because some fairgoers believed officials were not adequately enforcing the designated areas.

Under the new policy, enclosures similar to those used on the grounds last year will be found outside pedestrian gates 3 and 4 along State Fair Boulevard, 9 and 10 on the west end of the fairgrounds and 11A along Bridge Street. There will be signs marking the areas an receptacles for used smoking products. (See map)

IJNYBJRR4VAJNCZGYINDTEFKME.JPG

This 32-story Art Deco masterpiece, circa 1931, is Buffalo’s City Hall. This is the most iconic structure in the city and is the second-tallest City Hall in the country. Matthew Digati | NYUp.com

Comedian Adam Conover offers high praise for Buffalo: ‘It’s officially my favorite city.’ (PS; Hernandez)

His ability to uncover hidden truths may “ruin everything,” but comedian Adam Conover’s recent TikTok video may help you see Buffalo, New York in a whole new light.

The star of the “Adam Ruins Everything” TV show performed at the Helium Comedy Club from July 28-30. Upon his arrival to the Queen City, he walked around town doing what he calls his favorite road activities, getting high and looking at the local architecture.

“And it turns out, Buffalo is the best city to do that in America,” Conover said in his video.

The Western NY metro area has made many travel lists for its beautiful buildings, including Architecture Digest’s recent list of beautiful places that every architecture and design aficionado should have on their travel list for 2023. The publication called Buffalo an “under-the-radar pilgrimage site for architecture buffs.”