Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

1412485282001-ROC-1004-AQ-PITT-FOOTBALL-B.jpg

Rochester LB Jamir Jones to Visit Notre Dame (247sports.com; Loy)

Notre Dame defensive tackle Jarron Jones signed with the Irish in the 2012 class.

His younger brother, Rochester (N.Y.) Aquinas Institute three-star linebackerJamir Jones, is a class of 2016 target for Notre Dame.

The 6-3, 220-pounder, who holds offers from Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Old Dominion, will visit Notre Dame for its March 21 Junior Day in hopes of landing an offer from the Irish.

Per 247Sports, Jones is the No. 63 outside linebacker in the country and No. 4 recruit in New York from the class of 2016.

http://.com/the-often-forgotten-quinton-spotwood/

I loved Quinton Spotwood. One of the greatest sophomore seasons I've ever seen, and one of the best all around by a Syracuse receiver I've ever watched. And then...what the hell happened?

I'd be curious to find out if there were any mitigating factors that I never heard about since, ya know, I was just a high school kid in Vermont during that injury shortened junior season when he really fell off the radar.

I loved Quinton Spotwood. One of the greatest sophomore seasons I've ever seen, and one of the best all around by a Syracuse receiver I've ever watched. And then...what the hell happened?

I'd be curious to find out if there were any mitigating factors that I never heard about since, ya know, I was just a high school kid in Vermont during that injury shortened junior season when he really fell off the radar.

I think it was injuries that caught up with Quinton. You're right - it is too bad. He was fun to watch. Same for Antwaune Ponds. I was a huge fan of his and he never made it in the pros like I thought he might.

I've owned 2 SU football jerseys in my entire fanhood. A #5 McNabb jersey that I wore to tatters and was only retired after being signed by the man himself, and a #8 jersey from when Spotwood was wearing it. It's a damn shame injuries derailed his career, he was a special player.

I've owned 2 SU football jerseys in my entire fanhood. A #5 McNabb jersey that I wore to tatters and was only retired after being signed by the man himself, and a #8 jersey from when Spotwood was wearing it. It's a damn shame injuries derailed his career, he was a special player.
Yup. When I played NCAA '99, I would just throw a WR screen to Spotwood and break it for a touchdown every...single...time. He was unstoppable in that game.

Yup. When I played NCAA '99, I would just throw a WR screen to Spotwood and break it for a touchdown every...single...time. He was unstoppable in that game.

I spent way too many hours building waaaaay too many Cuse dynasties in that game. End up winning the heisman and having 3 of the top 5 finalists while rolling up disgusting in game results.

If you were playing Rutgers or Temple, you could return a punt for a TD with Spotwood without even trying.

If you were playing Rutgers or Temple, you could return a punt for a TD with Spotwood without even trying.
Yup. Every time I wanted to return a punt, I'd start out going one side, then completely reverse field and take it to the house on the other side. He was so much faster than those teams that it was guaranteed to work about 80% of the time.