Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

CA4Zs0sWcAAVDVz.0.0.jpg

A Closer Look at the New Syracuse Uniform (TNIAAM; Keeley)

We got some great news yesterday that the Syracuse Orange football team would actually be wearing orange. Now we get a little bit of a closer look at what the uniforms will look like and how it looks in person with the orange helmet and pants as well.

For years I think a lot of people were working under the assumption that an all-orange uniform could never work because of those GREGGERS Era disasters. Actually the truth is that the shade of orange those uniforms used was just terrible. This shade of Orange works much better.

The font on the numbers still leaves something to be desired. You know in the video game when you get the option to use choose from five sets of numbers? This is the one that always gets skipped.

But, it's still a move in the right direction (IMO) and I'll take this over the platinums any day.

17343450-mmmain.jpg

SU Interim AD Pete Sala: 'It's Been a Week of No Sleep' (PS; Ditota)

Last Tuesday, the day before news broke that Daryl Gross would no longer serve as Syracuse University's athletic director, Pete Sala met with Chancellor Kent Syverud.

Sala, for 33 years a loyal university employee, was informed that a change in leadership was coming. Syverud did not reveal when news would break, but on the day the SU chancellor met with his Board of Trustees to discuss alterations in athletics, he also talked with Sala.

"The chancellor told me that I would be serving as the interim athletic director as we look for a new athletic director going forward," Sala said Tuesday in the Carrier Dome.

Sala, SU's Senior Associate Athletics Director for Facilities, is the face of the Carrier Dome, the facility that will serve as East Regional host for this weekend's NCAA Tournament. He supervises a permanent Dome staff of 36 that swells to more than twice that number when the facility stages splashy events and needs part-time help. A 1979 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School, Sala returned to Central New York after attending Morrisville College and the University of Massachusetts.

He's been here, working at SU, ever since.

For Sala, a request to run the Orange athletic department, even temporarily, seemed like an affirmation of what he's accomplished at SU.

"It just felt great. It's an honor for me to be here right now," Sala said. "For the Chancellor to say to me, 'I need you to do this, or would you do this?' Absolutely. The word 'no' never came into my mind. How do you say 'no' to it? This is what I do. This is what I love. I've been part of this for 33 years."

Jamar McGloster emphasizes technique as developing offensive lineman for Syracuse (DO: Schneidman)

After four years on the hardwood at New Jersey powerhouse Saint Anthony High School, Jamar McGloster — who played just two years of high school football — is continuing to hone in on his technique, adjust to the Orange’s second new offense in as many years and shoulder a bigger role on the offensive line...

This is a fantastic article! Coming off the back of all the stuff with Sloan it's night and day comparing the mindset of both players and the results will show up on the field. Sloan thought getting within 2 lbs of required weight was good enough, Samuels was told he was overweight and dropped 20.

I'm excited to see this young gent take the field this year in a starters role.

Last edited:
Jamar McGloster emphasizes technique as developing offensive lineman for Syracuse (DO: Schneidman)

After four years on the hardwood at New Jersey powerhouse Saint Anthony High School, Jamar McGloster — who played just two years of high school football — is continuing to hone in on his technique, adjust to the Orange’s second new offense in as many years and shoulder a bigger role on the offensive line...

Another fantastic article. It's a shame Knapp had to hang them up but very optimistic as to what we can turn this hulk of a project into.

This is a fantastic article! Coming off the back of all the stuff with Sloan it's night and day comparing the mindset of both players and the results will show up on the field. Sloan thought getting within 2 lbs of required weight was good enough, Slayton was told he was overweight and dropped 20.

I'm excited to see this young gent take the field this year in a starters role.

Kayton. ;)