Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant

Welcome to National Tequila Day!

SU News

usa-today-8137565.0.jpg

What Exactly is an H-Back (He Means Express Back) in the Orange Offense? (TNIAAM; Tahmosh)

College football offenses want to be versatile, multiple and dynamic in 2015. They want quarterbacks who can run and pass, running backs who can carry the ball and catch it, receivers who can take a jet sweep handoff and also burn the defense deep on a fly route, tight ends who can block and burn a defender in space.

The more you can do for the team, the more chances you have to be on the field, and the more chances you get to have the ball in your hands.

Which brings us to the H-back, and the Syracuse offense. Note: Don't call it the Express back.

The traditional H-back refers to a tight end who will often go in motion, and is somewhere between a tight end and a wide receiver. Think Aaron Hernandez, without the murders (hopefully).

In case you haven’t noticed, Brisly Estime and Erv Philips wouldn’t often be confused with a tight end, so it’s fair to say Syracuse has been using the more literal term – hybrid back – to indicate the player is a mix of any two positions, not just tight end and wide receiver, as is often used.

So what exactly does the H-back do in the Syracuse offense? And how will this affect Philips, who was seemingly on his way to becoming a feature running back in the system before the change to H-back. Does this give a guy like him more opportunities to touch the ball, as The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson writes? What role will he actually have?

usa-today-7408746.0.jpg

The Yellow Scourge, aka 20 Geeks with no tan, aka the BC Superfans

2015 SU Football Opponent Preview: Boston College Eagles (TNIAAM; Cassillo)

School: Boston College
Mascot: Eagles
#BRAND Slogan: "Ever to Excel"
Alternate #BRAND Slogan Suggestions: "Bahston Cawlege." "We-ah Nawt Hahvad. Fack You."
Recommended Blog: BC Interruption
Conference: Atlantic Coast Conference
Coach: Steve Addazio, 3rd year. Inheriting a program that had fallen on some hard times a few years ago, Addazio got right to work instilling a tough, grind-it-out mantra that the then-senior laden team bought into immediately. He doesn't try to out-gameplan himself and doesn't go out and recruit 5-stars at every position. Rather, he just plays to a system that works for the Eagles' personnel, stresses fundamentals and lets the team handle the rest. So far, it's worked... which may make you, Syracuse fan, slightly bitter.
2014 Record: (7-6) (4-4)
Recapping Last Season:
Losing a bunch of seniors from a 2013 team that exceeded every expectation laid before them, there were thoughts that BC could take a step back or two in Addazio's second season. Instead -- and despite ample reasons why they shouldn't have -- BC looked even better last year, hanging tight with opponents every weekend and ending up a couple breaks from a nine-win (or more) campaign. The marquee victory, which is one of several differentiators with the Orange right now, was over a top-10 in impressive fashion. The 37-31 win over USClast September announced to the college football world that the Eagles were "back." It was the type of win that made their swift rebuild irrefutable.

Other

18370731-mmmain.jpg

Onondaga County is King of Upstate NY in Synthetic Marijuana (PS; House)

More cases of synthetic marijuana have been reported in Onondaga County than in all of the other 53 counties outside of the greater New York City area.

Of the 414 synthetic marijuana calls received by the Upstate New York Poison Center this year, 256 calls came from Onondaga County. That's 62 percent of the calls received by the center, which covers all counties other than Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City's five counties.

The closest volume of calls came from Broome County, where health care providers reached out to the center 20 times.

Check out county-by-county data on synthetic marijuana
Data from the New York City area was not immediately available.

The center's data is compiled solely from calls made by providers hailing from each of the 54 counties monitored by the center, said Administrative Director Michele Caliva. Because providers don't call every time they treat a patient who had a bad reaction to synthetic marijuana, Caliva believes the number of people abusing the drug is "absolutely" understated.

The data does not include cases investigated by police without the involvement of medical personnel, she said. It also does not include calls the center received directly from citizens.

The 2015 swell started in April, when the center experienced a "sharp, unprecedented" rise in reported cases of synthetic marijuana, Caliva said.

OMG - National Tequila Day - on a FRIDAY???!!! Been nice knowing you all. :D

Obviously, Chryst didn't want him. How else could someone who is 'an NCAA qualifier' not gain acceptance to a B1G state school? It not like they're Yale, for crying out loud.

Welcome to National Tequila Day!

SU News

usa-today-8137565.0.jpg

What Exactly is an H-Back (He Means Express Back) in the Orange Offense? (TNIAAM; Tahmosh)

College football offenses want to be versatile, multiple and dynamic in 2015. They want quarterbacks who can run and pass, running backs who can carry the ball and catch it, receivers who can take a jet sweep handoff and also burn the defense deep on a fly route, tight ends who can block and burn a defender in space.

The more you can do for the team, the more chances you have to be on the field, and the more chances you get to have the ball in your hands.

Which brings us to the H-back, and the Syracuse offense. Note: Don't call it the Express back.

The traditional H-back refers to a tight end who will often go in motion, and is somewhere between a tight end and a wide receiver. Think Aaron Hernandez, without the murders (hopefully).

In case you haven’t noticed, Brisly Estime and Erv Philips wouldn’t often be confused with a tight end, so it’s fair to say Syracuse has been using the more literal term – hybrid back – to indicate the player is a mix of any two positions, not just tight end and wide receiver, as is often used.

So what exactly does the H-back do in the Syracuse offense? And how will this affect Philips, who was seemingly on his way to becoming a feature running back in the system before the change to H-back. Does this give a guy like him more opportunities to touch the ball, as The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson writes? What role will he actually have?

usa-today-7408746.0.jpg

The Yellow Scourge, aka 20 Geeks with no tan, aka the BC Superfans

2015 SU Football Opponent Preview: Boston College Eagles (TNIAAM; Cassillo)

School: Boston College
Mascot: Eagles
#BRAND Slogan: "Ever to Excel"
Alternate #BRAND Slogan Suggestions: "Bahston Cawlege." "We-ah Nawt Hahvad. Fack You."
Recommended Blog: BC Interruption
Conference: Atlantic Coast Conference
Coach: Steve Addazio, 3rd year. Inheriting a program that had fallen on some hard times a few years ago, Addazio got right to work instilling a tough, grind-it-out mantra that the then-senior laden team bought into immediately. He doesn't try to out-gameplan himself and doesn't go out and recruit 5-stars at every position. Rather, he just plays to a system that works for the Eagles' personnel, stresses fundamentals and lets the team handle the rest. So far, it's worked... which may make you, Syracuse fan, slightly bitter.
2014 Record: (7-6) (4-4)
Recapping Last Season:
Losing a bunch of seniors from a 2013 team that exceeded every expectation laid before them, there were thoughts that BC could take a step back or two in Addazio's second season. Instead -- and despite ample reasons why they shouldn't have -- BC looked even better last year, hanging tight with opponents every weekend and ending up a couple breaks from a nine-win (or more) campaign. The marquee victory, which is one of several differentiators with the Orange right now, was over a top-10 in impressive fashion. The 37-31 win over USClast September announced to the college football world that the Eagles were "back." It was the type of win that made their swift rebuild irrefutable.

Other

18370731-mmmain.jpg

Onondaga County is King of Upstate NY in Synthetic Marijuana (PS; House)

More cases of synthetic marijuana have been reported in Onondaga County than in all of the other 53 counties outside of the greater New York City area.

Of the 414 synthetic marijuana calls received by the Upstate New York Poison Center this year, 256 calls came from Onondaga County. That's 62 percent of the calls received by the center, which covers all counties other than Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City's five counties.

The closest volume of calls came from Broome County, where health care providers reached out to the center 20 times.

Check out county-by-county data on synthetic marijuana
Data from the New York City area was not immediately available.

The center's data is compiled solely from calls made by providers hailing from each of the 54 counties monitored by the center, said Administrative Director Michele Caliva. Because providers don't call every time they treat a patient who had a bad reaction to synthetic marijuana, Caliva believes the number of people abusing the drug is "absolutely" understated.

The data does not include cases investigated by police without the involvement of medical personnel, she said. It also does not include calls the center received directly from citizens.

The 2015 swell started in April, when the center experienced a "sharp, unprecedented" rise in reported cases of synthetic marijuana, Caliva said.
Does anyone besides me having trouble with TNIAAM? I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security on IE. It has a very good ad blocker. When I go to TNIAAM screen freeze so bad that I have to reboot. It only happens with that site. I'm thinking it may have to do with the screen advertising filling the window with the news superimposed. I really like TNIAAM but I don't go there anymore because of the problem. Any ideas?

Does anyone besides me having trouble with TNIAAM? I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security on IE. It has a very good ad blocker. When I go to TNIAAM screen freeze so bad that I have to reboot. It only happens with that site. I'm thinking it may have to do with the screen advertising filling the window with the news superimposed. I really like TNIAAM but I don't go there anymore because of the problem. Any ideas?
I don't have Kaspersky but it looks like that package has a way of whitelisting sites that cause problems like this. This link is from a couple of years ago. It might prove helpful.

I don't have Kaspersky but it looks like that package has a way of whitelisting sites that cause problems like this. This link is from a couple of years ago. It might prove helpful.
That was the trick. You 'da Man. Thank you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom