Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

CuseLegacy said:
You can't just look at the positives and not the negatives...never learn anything that way. This is exactly what the team does in game film review.

Yeah - but even if you go with what "sells" ie. Clicks - I'd wager more fans would like to hear about Dungey coming off our 2nd win. This site can break down film. That site is choosing to focus on the one big negative.

007 said:
This is probably going to sound vaguely familiar...there are probably plenty of good, hardcore SU fans who are thrilled about the win/Dungey and who have no problem looking at/discussing areas that must get better. Fact, they gave up 373 passing yards. Reporting and analyzing that fact does not make for bad reporting. I, for one, am happy to see balanced reporting.

I have zero problem talking about it here. I have a lot of problem with the local media focusing on what we didn't do well after a big win. Don't kid yourself - it's not about being balanced. It's about clicks. And I think that they would get more with a break down of the kid slinging it. That's what they don't get. The casual fans want a hero and some hope and will read/click on Dungey stuff quicker.

BlackKnight76 said:
The bunker is not a good place to be.

I'm not advocating a head in sand, rainbows only approach. I'm saying they would make more money by riding the positive in this case. A classic misread.

TheCusian said:
I will not click on that link. I don't want to encourage them to do more. I'd bet a ton that local fans are more curious about Dungey's throws than our pass D.

I clicked on it twice. Once for you.

Last edited:
Pretty easy if you ask me. Transition Hunt to TE and try to position him to get drafted, or provide another year of paid education with the goal of setting him up to be a GA.

I will not click on that link. I don't want to encourage them to do more. I'd bet a ton that local fans are more curious about Dungey's throws than our pass D.
We all raved about the review of ED in week 1. Stephen makes some salient points in this week's review.