For our NFL guru posters: | Syracusefan.com

For our NFL guru posters:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
I watch Stetson Bennett and think of TB12. Smart. Leader. Has a lot of heart. (Could have played at a lesser school but walked on and took on the challenge.) Brought team back from a big deficit against OSU. That throw he made in the first half last night between 4 defenders into as yet unoccupied space about 25-30 yards was great. More athletic than TB12. Why is he graded as a mid-round pick. Kid will win in the NFL, IMO.

Last edited:
'NFL Gurus' don't know how any of these guys will translate in the league. Heck neither do teams. I tend to trust the consensus that a Ken Dorsey playing career is a lot more likely. There's lots of guys like that who can win like that on a stacked team. Plus he's already like 25. He seemed to have lots of haters so good for him; nothing wrong with being a good college player.

'NFL Gurus' don't know how any of these guys will translate in the league. Heck neither do teams. I tend to trust the consensus that a Ken Dorsey playing career is a lot more likely. There's lots of guys like that who can win like that on a stacked team. Plus he's already like 25. He seemed to have lots of haters so good for him; nothing wrong with being a good college player.

Was thinking Ken Dorsey as well, certainly not a Joe Burrow type. reminds me of the Alabama Qb's that won with Saban the first few years. Good college QB's with no huge weaknesses but nothing really stands out. He will be a NFL back up for a few years, IMO. Things look a lot easier when you are surrounded by the best talent on the field at every position.

Trying to compare anyone to Tom Brady at this point just seems odd to me. It's like a 6 foot QB in college who has had some success and people compare to Drew Brees. Really? Makes no sense to me. They are both one of a kind hall of famers and Brady probably the best Qb to ever play the game

He's listed as 5'11" and 190lbs and he's nearly 26. There's very little to project forward. He's probably more Tyler Heinicke upside than Tom Brady.

He also had some terrible throws against OSU. That said other than the TE I don't think his WR corps was anything to write home about. Everyone wants to find the next Brock Purdy don't think this kid is it.

Brady is 6'5" and despite his reputation as a dink and dunker probably was a top 5-10 arm for most of his career.
Brady has a cannon and it’s quick as all Fluck.

Hate that guy.

I dont see Stetson lasting longer than 3 years. He won’t see the field enough to warrant a backup type career.

Was thinking Ken Dorsey as well, certainly not a Joe Burrow type. reminds me of the Alabama Qb's that won with Saban the first few years. Good college QB's with no huge weaknesses but nothing really stands out. He will be a NFL back up for a few years, IMO. Things look a lot easier when you are surrounded by the best talent on the field at every position.

Trying to compare anyone to Tom Brady at this point just seems odd to me. It's like a 6 foot QB in college who has had some success and people compare to Drew Brees. Really? Makes no sense to me. They are both one of a kind hall of famers and Brady probably the best Qb to ever play the game
I was considering the intangibles. Brady wins with his brains more than anything. Not the biggest arm. Not the best athlete. Gets in the right play. Makes the right throw. He wasn’t highly regarded at Michigan. They force fed Henson and took away his snaps. Was so lightly regarded by the NFL that he went 6th round.
I think Brees was more highly regarded coming out of college, even though he is (NFL) short.
It seems that sometimes the NFL gets caught up in measurables and worries about what could be rather than seeing what a guy has done. (Joe Montana, Trubisky vs Mahomes)
Also, he had great numbers vs OSU, which certainly was not over matched.

I watch Stetson Bennett and think of TB12. Smart. Leader. Has a lot of heart. (Could have played at a lesser school but walked on and took on the challenge.) Brought team back from a big deficit against OSU. That throw he made in the first half last night between 4 defenders into as yet unoccupied space about 25-30 yards was great. More athletic than TB12. Why is he graded as a mid-round pick. Kid will win in the NFL, IMO.
5’11 vs 6’4. That’s a real problem

People use the TB story too much IMO.

Contrary to belief you need talent to be an elite NFL QB. The game is just so much faster and there's a much smaller discrepancy in talent on each team.

Those scouts were dumb. As they tend to be.
I remember when the Browns were deciding between Tim Couch and Akili Smith with the #1 pick, and I was wondering what I was missing as McNabb was obviously way better than both of them.

Turns out I wasn’t missing anything, they were.

Bill Simmons is probably right that the ball was in the air 85 yards once you consider he let it go from the other side of the field. I would guess maybe Josh Allen could make that throw today. Not sure anyone else can.

I can guarantee he will not have those wide open throws on an NFL field.

I remember when the Browns were deciding between Tim Couch and Akili Smith with the #1 pick, and I was wondering what I was missing as McNabb was obviously way better than both of them.

Turns out I wasn’t missing anything, they were.
Lol.. akili smith. TOTALLY forgot he existed