For the love of god, kill that damn Rutgers thread | Syracusefan.com

For the love of god, kill that damn Rutgers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, seriously people...

A 2-1/2 year old thread on a team that isn't a conference mate...nor are they a rival...nor are we scheduled to play in the distant future? C'mon Admins, we're better than that.

Kill that thread.
Blasphemy

It always amazes me when people complain about threads like this, last time I checked you weren't required to click on each thread everyday in order to keep your "free" membership here. If your not interested in a thread or its topic simply ignore it. It's not like there isn't 800 other topics we have beaten to death here that will surely pop up on their usual yearly time schedule that people can complain about - schedule strength, uniforms, lack of attendance, Noon start time, lack of commits, in June, etc etc etc

It always amazes me when people complain about threads like this, last time I checked you weren't required to click on each thread everyday in order to keep your "free" membership here. If your not interested in a thread or its topic simply ignore it. It's not like there isn't 800 other topics we have beaten to death here that will surely pop up on their usual yearly time schedule that people can complain about - schedule strength, uniforms, lack of attendance, Noon start time, lack of commits, in June, etc etc etc

You're right. And I do choose not to post in that thread. However, having a 165 page thread bashing a school we have no further relations with makes the fanbase look small and petty.

Even if i ignore the thread, the fact that it exists makes us all look bad

You're right. And I do choose not to post in that thread. However, having a 165 page thread bashing a school we have no further relations with makes the fanbase look small and petty.

Well that's certainly your opinion and your entitled to it but it just looks worse because its one mega thread. Go to the Rutgers or UConn boards and there are tons of posts about Syracuse which if they had just one would probably be just as big as the one we have. Rutgers has been a dumpster fire for pretty much the last 5-7 years their entire Athletic Dept is always up to something that gets national news which people like to post about it. Lastly the thread doesn't make the fanbase looks petty at all, this board represents maybe maybe 5% of the SU fanbase most fans from both schools don't have any idea either board exists less that thread. Trust me no one cares.

Perhaps you should visit the FB recruiting forum and see the threads for NJ recruits that are hijacked by Rutgers fans. I find it annoying but we still let them post.

And the fact that it's always near the top of the board. Sometimes I click out of curiousity thinking something major happened with them, only to find Syracuse fans spending way too much time knowing way too much about the mundane happenings with that rinky dink program.

Top 10 least popular proposed "Dumpster Fire" threads:

1. Mark Coyle lied to us...waaah...and I'm upset.
2. The Orange? They'll always be The Orangemen to me. Enough with the PC culture.
3. Zach Allen jilted us and we shall perpetually heap scorn upon his 17 yr old brow.
4. Daryl Gross hired Robinson because he wanted to see the Orange (I mean The Orangemen) lose. He's the Dr. Evil of college athletics.
5. Nancy K says no to the Saltine Warrior's return. Well tell me Miss Ivory tower, what's wrong with a fighting cracker?
6. You're dead wrong (insert name of guy you accuse of knowing nothing about football and living in his mother's basement here) I've helped coach special teams for my son's Pop Warner football in 1998 and I can easily extrapolate my vast gridiron knowledge to big-time intercollegiate sports.
7. They should never have cancelled "Friends." Oops..wrong board.
8. McNabb likes alcohol. Damn right I've got a lot to say about it!
9. Kent Syverud's last name looks dyslexic...let's pounce my fellow board mates.
10. SU could save a lot of money with one platoon football.

Oh sure I mock this board, but I check on it most every day. It's a wonderful disease for which there is no cure. Go Orange(men)!

Sad so many SU fans have a dislike for a football program that has no positive history and feel that making fun of their program is a positive. All that does is compare SU to Rutgers football and I just can't believe that SU now have fans that feel Rutgers in relevant. In reality, SU hasn't been relevant themselves in 30 years so I guess the program is on the same level. However, I'll still keep my season tickets that I have had since the 80's. I don't even mind that I have to drive up from NC 3 times a year to see games, but man, being compared to Rutgers is hard to take.

Sad so many SU fans have a dislike for a football program that has no positive history and feel that making fun of their program is a positive. All that does is compare SU to Rutgers football and I just can't believe that SU now have fans that feel Rutgers in relevant. In reality, SU hasn't been relevant themselves in 30 years so I guess the program is on the same level. However, I'll still keep my season tickets that I have had since the 80's. I don't even mind that I have to drive up from NC 3 times a year to see games, but man, being compared to Rutgers is hard to take.
Thought I would stay out of this, but 30 years brings you back to 1986. There were a few years since then where SU was relevant. Oh . . . . I get it . . . you were being facetious . . . .

However, having a 165 page thread bashing a school we have no further relations with makes the fanbase look small and petty.
I see this point often when that thread is bashed. Along with the valid counterpoint that consolidation prevents the board from having multiple RU threads whenever they do something Rutgersy - which is often.

I propose the solution of locking that thread when it reaches a milestone level (post #4444 maybe?) and starting a new version to eliminate the huge obsessive thread criticism. The initial post could have a link to the locked thread to allow historical research once it rolls down into the nether regions of the board.

Having NCAA sanctions makes us look bad.
Having multiple losing seasons in football, makes us look bad.
Having an ex-player stab two of his former teammates, makes us look bad.

Having a thread about Rutgers doesn't really rank anywhere near the top of a list about what makes us look bad.

I just find a post about Rutgers with 261,013 hits and and 3,294 responses embarrassing. Do you suppose Rutgers has a similar thread?

Now there's two Rutgers threads! Way to go, Ace!

I think there have been about 20 of them. Then they get merged into the big one. Which is funny.

"They."
Yes, "they".
I've posted several long diatribes about the ROSUF (Rutgers-obsessed SU fans) on these boards, and how small & petty it makes us look to ride their (RU) jocks, with such an enormous thread. No need to rehash that now- like I said, " they " don't get it.
Others see it differently- so no biggie. I stand by my prior criticisms.
Btw, my wife is an RU alum who gets all her info via that thread. And the question is always the same: "Why is SU so obsessed by RU, if they consider us a joke? It just makes you guys look needy". I tend to agree w/ that POV, but at least the thread serves some useful purpose. JMHO

Last edited:
Rutgers has threads about SU all the time. Their fans share the same argument of why they talk about SU when we are not in the same conference. Its just funny how they think we are obsessed with them because we put everything in one thread. They think they are better because they start new threads about us instead of consolidating them.

I mean, seriously people...

A 2-1/2 year old thread on a team that isn't a conference mate...nor are they a rival...nor are we scheduled to play in the distant future? C'mon Admins, we're better than that.

Kill that thread.
I have to agree. Instead of posting here, why not go pick on your neighbor about the stupid a$$ed color of siding he just put on his house. At least face to face he gets the opportunity to punch you in the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.