For the love of god, kill that damn Rutgers thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For the love of god, kill that damn Rutgers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWC75 said:
I just find a post about Rutgers with 261,013 hits and and 3,294 responses embarrassing. Do you suppose Rutgers has a similar thread?

Hits/Responses in this very specific instance doesn't validate them or their football team nor does it add up to some kind of obsession.

It's a funny joke thread (with people misunderstanding the intent mixed in). I go there to laugh.

I understand the arguments from both sides. Both sides have compelling arguments.

I am just reminding folks that many people read this board that are NOT Orange fans. They love the thread and reference it in their posts on their respective team boards. If you think we are harsh, you should check out what Rutgers new "rivals" are saying.

Besides, when Rutgers posters like Arizona Knight and Pharm visit, they usually discuss things in a good manner. They don't attack our posters and our posters do not attack them, nothing is made personal. Good discussion, similar to when our ACC friends stop by. Yes, too many Rutgers posters do go overboard and they deserve what they get. That all of the Rutgers issues are in one thread is simply convenient. (Maybe we should do a Ped State thread, too?)

Besides, under the watchful eye of AD Julie, Rutgers couldn't help but be the butt of jokes. What's more, when CFB fans down here in Texas ask me "What's a Rutgers?", I can simply show them the thread. They read a bit, laugh out loud and come to a full understanding.

Yes, "they".
I've posted several long diatribes about the ROSUF (Rutgers-obsessed SU fans) on these boards, and how small & petty it makes us look to ride their (RU) jocks, with such an enormous thread. No need to rehash that now- like I said, " they " don't get it.
Others see it differently- so no biggie. I stand by my prior criticisms.
Btw, my wife is an RU alum who gets all her info via that thread. And the question is always the same: "Why is SU so obsessed by RU, if they consider us a joke? It just makes you guys look needy". I tend to agree w/ that POV, but at least the thread serves some useful purpose. JMHO

Why on earth would anybody care what some Rutgers fan thinks?

Especially a hot take from one who gets information about the program they ostensibly support from a rival fan bulletin board?

Talk about needy.

Why on earth would anybody care what some Rutgers fan thinks?

Especially a hot take from one who gets information about the program they ostensibly support from a rival fan bulletin board?

Talk about needy.
The only reason THIS "anybody" cares what a Rutgers fan thinks is because I'm married to them. And the fact that she can come to our board and get all the info she needs, or cares about, regarding her alma mater, kinda makes my point, regardless of whatever support she "ostensibly" chooses to give to her program.
Needy is when there's a thread of this length & magnitude, for a program that some of our fans continually obsess over- one that we no longer play or have much to do with.
Rutgers was always beneath us as a program, so why the obsession...why the neediness...why the attention? That's the point she's made to me many times. She's always assumed and admitted to me, and rightfully so, that RU couldn't measure up to SU- until Gerg came along, and insecurity took root in the fanbase. She's befuddled and amused by this thread, and sees it as a sign of insecurity and neediness. I tend to agree. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.