For the new uniform haters... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For the new uniform haters...

How am I dressing?

I'm wearing nicely fitting cargo pants and a Reagan/Bush 1984 tank top.

Stylish af.
Thank you for your vulnerability and honesty, a culture of honest feedback about cargo pants may take the syracusefan.com board to new places of trust ;)

I wish we could get some pics of how YOU dress...

I'm an Orange Belieber!:D

justin-bieber-horrible-outfit-3.jpg

when did syracuse historically or consistently wear orange jerseys? and another thing after you take away the goofy number design, are the uniforms that bad?

Agree with this. The number font is the only thing I have a huge problem with. And more specifically the number "4". Blue jersey would be nice to have an outline in white, or have the number be white with an orange outline to make it "pop", but overall the design is not as horrible as people are making it out to be.

the 75 fans that thought it was worthwhile to be at the public presser
ha, if they wanted more people you don't hold a press conference on a Wednesday afternoon when 99% of "normal" people are working! Don't knock people for not going!

The players like them and they are the ones that have to wear them. I like them and they're pretty excited so I'm all in and to add to that I'm as old as dirt ....so much for the stereotype of the get off my grass thing.

LOL, nominee for worst post eva :blah:

Not a nominee, its a RUNAWAY winner. There is no defending the uniforms. That said, its just a uniform. The product on the field is more important

i work in finance, so i wear green, the color of money.

15gc7290.jpg

im also an alum. so that means i shouldnt wear green, just like my school doesnt wear Orange. heres tomorrows outfit.

th

i work in finance, so i wear green, the color of money.

15gc7290.jpg

im also an alum. so that means i shouldnt wear green, just like my school doesnt wear Orange. heres tomorrows outfit.

th

To be fair, I witnessed your outfits first hand for four years and work in finance as well. The outfits above are far better options for you vs your upstate NY freshman year duds! #EastGreenbushBombers!

when did syracuse historically or consistently wear orange jerseys? and another thing after you take away the goofy number design, are the uniforms that bad?

Never in my lifetime. It's always been white jerseys or blue jerseys, with Orange pants and hats.

Why not ask why Yankees fans would be upset if you changed their pinstripes? Or USC's uniforms, or Michigan's?

These things are ugly, period. I'm glad the players like them, but they have nothing at all to do with our look or image.

TBCuse11 said:
Not a nominee, its a RUNAWAY winner. There is no defending the uniforms. That said, its just a uniform. The product on the field is more important

I've been defending everything but the numbers. Way overblown. I think if we win a few games (esp an upset or two) and we use more of the orange combos - people will come around.

We need more orange. Until then we need to only wear the orange helmet, blue jersey, and white pants.

I've been defending everything but the numbers. Way overblown. I think if we win a few games (esp an upset or two) and we use more of the orange combos - people will come around.
if they wear this crap when we finally have a great season, it will piss me off even more

no one in buffalo came around to the banana slug

Why did it not come first?

And why will it take a year?

Allegedly this was a "year-and-a-half" process. So we're to believe that it takes 30 months to produce orange pants and jerseys? Ridiculous.

In its blind rush to maximize profits, I'd say Nike has treated SU very poorly in the last decade.

upload_2014-4-17_10-11-12.jpeg

If your okay with the new uniforms these must be okay as well. The new uniforms suck because our nickname is Orange and the 3rd most used color is Orange in most of the combinations. I am okay with a white, blue, grey top, pants, helmet combination, but we modeled the new uniforms in Syracuse and NYC and neither place had the Orange top. Who the F cares about the rest.

Alsacs said:
If your okay with the new uniforms these must be okay as well. The new uniforms suck because our nickname is Orange and the 3rd most used color is Orange in most of the combinations. I am okay with a white, blue, grey top, pants, helmet combination, but we modeled the new uniforms in Syracuse and NYC and neither place had the Orange top. Who the F cares about the rest.

There doesn't need to be a correlation between the name and the amount of that color in the uni. As someone who designs things for a living - trust me when I say the low hanging fruit is to make everything orange and call it a day. It wouldn't work visually. It's too bright. The orange plays nice as a highlight color - not the main.

Millhouse said:
if they wear this crap when we finally have a great season, it will piss me off even more no one in buffalo came around to the banana slug

"You" does not equal the whole fan base. I said most will come around... Also these are not even close to the banana slug uni's.

yes they will

There doesn't need to be a correlation between the name and the amount of that color in the uni. As someone who designs things for a living - trust me when I say the low hanging fruit is to make everything orange and call it a day. It wouldn't work visually. It's too bright. The orange plays nice as a highlight color - not the main.
good points. btw where did the orange (men) nick name come from? the color, the fruit? whats the answer?

If your nickname is the Orange and your football jerseys have WAY more Grey/Blue/White than Orange that makes absolutely no sense I am sorry. I am sure you know more about marketing/designing/branding than I do, but it makes no sense. Look at Illinois/Miami those teams have Orange jerseys aren't too bright and look good. Syracuse wears blue/grey/white more than Orange that makes no sense. If our nickname wasn't Orange it wouldn't be as big a deal, but we are the Orange. The explanation I have now been told by Orange Xtreme in another thread is Nike hasn't physically produced the Orange jersey, but will do so sometime this summer so now the blame should go to SU or Nike for either rushing the press conference before Nike finished producing the 4th jersey top or Nike for not freaking manufacturing 1 orange jersey from their SU design and sending it out for the press conference to introduce the new jerseys. Either it was a dumb decision by somebody.

I wish we could get some pics of how YOU dress... I'm sure there is a fair number of you who have no fashion sense at all, but are fine blasting the new Syracuse uniforms. I ride with the Syracuse Orange no matter what uniforms they trot out, I like and support the uniform change. I do not like the way you dress, it's ugly, boring and unmatched. Get off the 'cuse!
It's funny, I can look at other teams' new uniforms and like them, but everytime I see a new design for us, it's horrible. So, either ours are great and other team's suck or vice versa. Which do you think it is?