For those of you that like your T-Shirts | Syracusefan.com

For those of you that like your T-Shirts

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
and need something to wear when the ole Dynasty shirt is in the wash....

I present the Untarnished 20 - 0 T-shirt.

20-wins.jpg

I hate to say this, but I am thinking this is a bad omen for our ultimate fortunes this season.

I hate the fact that we come out with a t-shirt for everything we do. It's bush, to me. I know we have never been 20-0 before, but we need to act like we've been there, and not try to make a cash grab at every opportunity.

How many rubes are gonna buy this thing?

I don't think I'd even dawn it to paint my house...

ill wait for the 2013 national champs tshirt personally

The 22-0 T-shirt will be a better collector's item.

Seriously, I would be embarassed to wear something like the we're #1 T-shirt and this 20-0 thing. I'd expect Murray St to put out a 20-0 T-shirt not Syracuse.

I was on the uconn message board earlier and someone questioned when we would have our 20-0 shirts out. Makes us look foolish.

What absolutely amazes me is that the day after the record they have a shirt ... that means they had already screened a bunch... what if we had lost?

Here's the problem with the shirt, once the next game happens, the shirt is pointless. Either we're 21-0 or 20-1.

It's a big embarrassment.
Sad that SU is so money-hungry as to resort to this silly commemoration.

Perhaps it's part of an ongoing series and we can expect the following t-shirts:

The "6th Week as #1" commemortive shirt

The long overdue "Close Call" commemorative shirt with the score "Syracuse 62 Marshall 56" on the back

The "Mike Hopkins Is the Prince Charles of Coaching" shirt with the slogan "Still Waiting" on the back.

The "#5" shirt - marking the sale of the fifth 20-0 shirt. Expected date of availability: 4/24/15.

All other suggestions welcome. You surely can do better than this.

Tired of this"OMG we won another game, time to buy a new T-shirt!"

Where can I buy a t-shirt with a thumbs-down on it?

Idiots buy the shirts, and SU gets money. If no one bought the shirts, then SU wouldn't spend money on making them.

I have no problem with the AD trying to make a little money (at least until the ACC $$ comes rolling in).

I don't have a problem with all these t-shirts. What's wrong with fans being proud of their team's success so far? Having said that, I would not buy one, but I still don't have a problem with fans being proud of their team's accomplishments.

To each their own, I suppose.

I don't have a problem with all these t-shirts. What's wrong with fans being proud of their team's success so far? Having said that, I would not buy one, but I still don't have a problem with fans being proud of their team's accomplishments.

To each their own, I suppose.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy that they are ranked #1, undefeated and winning games handily, but when we haven't won the conference, the conference tournament or a single game in the NCAA tournament yet the celebration seems a bit premature. If we roll snake eyes again in the post season, those shirts will look pretty stupid at games next season. Kind of like those Dynasty shirts looked while we were riding the Dynasty wave into the NIT.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy that they are ranked #1, undefeated and winning games handily, but when we haven't won the conference, the conference tournament or a single game in the NCAA tournament yet the celebration seems a bit premature. If we roll snake eyes again in the post season, those shirts will look pretty stupid at games next season. Kind of like those Dynasty shirts looked while we were riding the Dynasty wave into the NIT.

Okay, if people are wearing these shirts next season if we were to drop the rest of the games and not make the NCAAT then maybe I get why it looks dumb. However, this team did accomplish something no other Syracuse Team has ever achieved and that's a 20-0 start to the season. I see nothing wrong with celebrating it. The shirt doesn't say "National Champions", or "#1 Seed in NCAAT", it says "20-0", which is what we are. A shirt proclaiming we are "20-0" doesn't assume anything for the rest of the season. But perhaps I just see it for what I think it is, and not a proclamation of what's to come.

Put it this way, if I were to ever see someone wearing that shirt I don't think I would say, "That's stupid", rather, I would probably think its cool that a SU fan is proud of this team. However, I do get it. When I saw the Kentucky shirts stating they are "#1" I did think ... "that's dumb", so I guess the point about how other team's fans may react is valid :cool:

Alot of the shirts they make, I dont really have a problem with....this one however is reeeeeeeeediculous.

Okay, if people are wearing these shirts next season if we were to drop the rest of the games and not make the NCAAT then maybe I get why it looks dumb. However, this team did accomplish something no other Syracuse Team has ever achieved and that's a 20-0 start to the season. I see nothing wrong with celebrating it. The shirt doesn't say "National Champions", or "#1 Seed in NCAAT", it says "20-0", which is what we are. A shirt proclaiming we are "20-0" doesn't assume anything for the rest of the season. But perhaps I just see it for what I think it is, and not a proclamation of what's to come.

Put it this way, if I were to ever see someone wearing that shirt I don't think I would say, "That's stupid", rather, I would probably think its cool that a SU fan is proud of this team. However, I do get it. When I saw the Kentucky shirts stating they are "#1" I did think ... "that's dumb", so I guess the point about how other team's fans may react is valid :cool:

My issue with it is simple ... we are #5 all time in hoops wins, #7 in winning percentage ... we've been winning games for years ... okay we never went 20-0 but again we should act like we've been there. We have a HOF coach, an NC back in 03, produce a top 10 NBAer in Carmelo and have had some of the best recruiting classes in the country over the last few seasons. We should wait until we have done something other than break a school record to make things like this. I didn't see Boise State pumping out T-shirts because they have the winningest QB in NCAA history ... but I'm willing to bet they put out shirts celebrating a bowl game win. I think the whole thing is a little out of hand ... they have made T-shirts for everything on the hill, it gets a little out of hand.

Well, on the bright side we didn't make this shirt:

Attachments

• 640188wbv-c[1].jpg
    640188wbv-c[1].jpg
    71 KB · Views: 89

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online