For those that never met him | Syracusefan.com

For those that never met him

sabach

All American
let me tell you about the kind of guy OrangeEyes was. Two years ago I wanted to take my kids to Midnight Madness. It was the year they had the rap guy and the stabbing. It was the day of the event and we didn't have tickets. I posted a request on this Board to see if anyone could help me. OE responded by saying he had some extras and I could have them. I arranged to pick them up at his house in Westvale as I was familiar with the area with my wife being from there. When I got to the house, OE invited me into his living room and we sat and talked for 2 hours about SU sports. Mind you, I had never met this guy before. He only knew me as Sabach and I only knew him as OrangeEyes. OE showed me some of his memorabilia and told me the story of how he got the Ernie Davis statue going. His wife was in the kitchen making lunch and she even offered me lunch (I think it was Mexican). I politely declined as I was actually on the clock for the two hours I already had been there. We could have talked together for hours more if I didn't have to get back to work and I would have loved it. OE was the type of guy who instantly made you a part of his family if you were an SU fan. So in that regard all of us lost a family member last week that we will never forget. Godspeed OE and may He bless your family during this time.

let me tell you about the kind of guy OrangeEyes was. Two years ago I wanted to take my kids to Midnight Madness. It was the year they had the rap guy and the stabbing. It was the day of the event and we didn't have tickets. I posted a request on this Board to see if anyone could help me. OE responded by saying he had some extras and I could have them. I arranged to pick them up at his house in Westvale as I was familiar with the area with my wife being from there. When I got to the house, OE invited me into his living room and we sat and talked for 2 hours about SU sports. Mind you, I had never met this guy before. He only knew me as Sabach and I only knew him as OrangeEyes. OE showed me some of his memorabilia and told me the story of how he got the Ernie Davis statue going. His wife was in the kitchen making lunch and she even offered me lunch (I think it was Mexican). I politely declined as I was actually on the clock for the two hours I already had been there. We could have talked together for hours more if I didn't have to get back to work and I would have loved it. OE was the type of guy who instantly made you a part of his family if you were an SU fan. So in that regard all of us lost a family member last week that we will never forget. Godspeed OE and may He bless your family during this time.
Nice one. Sometimes, this place makes me feel that selfless people still do exist. I'm a really good person in real life (not to toot my own horn here) and it hurts when I see people who are the exact opposite. Really good to know that people like Dan do exist in this world.

Nice one. Sometimes, this place makes me feel that selfless people still do exist. I'm a really good person in real life (not to toot my own horn here) and it hurts when I see people who are the exact opposite. Really good to know that people like Dan do exist in this world.

My dad always says: "Most people in this world are good people."

Despite what the news may have us believe, I think he is right.

Posts like this make me regret never meeting Dan. Dan was obviously a special person.

There's lots of really nice people on this forum. I've got to make it to the Fine tailgate one of these days and meet some of you folks...before I regret not meeting some of the great people that inhabit this board.

Very nice story. I met Dan once at at a tailgate. Talked to him forever. Simply one of the nicest people I've ever met. Easy to talk to and very friendly. I'm sad that he's gone. I'll miss his links and the effort he put into his posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom