For what it's worth | Syracusefan.com

For what it's worth

The Firm

Walk On
My good friend is the coach for an elite 19' prospect. This prospect speaks to Quade all the time. Said Quade told him it's Cuse for sure. Said he will announce in the next few weeks. I asked why he's still visiting Kentucky and possibly Az. and Nova...Said "free trips" "use up officials".

Asked about Bamba. He said "Harvard, U.K. or Duke"...Said he loves Harvard. Thinks he'll probably end up at Duke though.

Said Randolph has Cuse on very short list. Said Wake is out after their recent commitment from kid from South Beach. Said his AAU coach advising not to wait until spring for Arizona. Cuse natural fit for him.

Finally said schools have backed off on Tucker for now. Heard he was disrespectful to teachers and students at Stepinac and colleges know about it. If he has drama free year at Wheeler they will all come after him hard again.

That's all I got!

The Firm Great info. Thanks so much and please post more often.

I guess the "Randolph to Wake is a lock" thing isn't etched in stone. I guess I could feign surprise.

Maturity issue concerns have made the rounds about Tucker. Francis mentioned it. So did others. Too bad. Staff loves his game. Maybe the change of scenery will help and he will get it together. Being in Georgia may be a bit tougher to keep tabs on him.

Irony is some of us were concerned his game was one dimensional before he really showed he's more than just a shooter. Now we've cooled on him for other reasons. Too bad.

Last edited:
My good friend is the coach for an elite 19' prospect. This prospect speaks to Quade all the time. Said Quade told him it's Cuse for sure. Said he will announce in the next few weeks. I asked why he's still visiting Kentucky and possibly Az. and Nova...Said "free trips" "use up officials".

Asked about Bamba. He said "Harvard, U.K. or Duke"...Said he loves Harvard. Thinks he'll probably end up at Duke though.

Said Randolph has Cuse on very short list. Said Wake is out after their recent commitment from kid from South Beach. Said his AAU coach advising not to wait until spring for Arizona. Cuse natural fit for him.

Finally said schools have backed off on Tucker for now. Heard he was disrespectful to teachers and students at Stepinac and colleges know about it. If he has drama free year at Wheeler they will all come after him hard again.

That's all I got!
Great post. I could see Duke convincing Bamba to come there over Harvard in a best of both worlds scenario.

Great post. I could see Duke convincing Bamba to come there over Harvard in a best of both worlds scenario.

Tommy Amaker can recruit. He recruited at SHU but that never worked out on the court, considering the talent he assembled. Bamba is a unique kid but when he weighs the academics and athletics at both schools, he will probably pick Duke.

Bamba to Duke, Richards to UK.

Tommy Amaker can recruit. He recruited at SHU but that never worked out on the court, considering the talent he assembled. Bamba is a unique kid but when he weighs the academics and athletics at both schools, he will probably pick Duke.

Bamba to Duke, Richards to UK.

There is something pretty cool about an elite recruit going to Harvard. I agree, Duke probable makes more sense but I'll be rooting for Harvard.

There is something pretty cool about an elite recruit going to Harvard. I agree, Duke probable makes more sense but I'll be rooting for Harvard.

I have a hard time rooting for Amaker. I live in NJ and am not a fan of what I've heard about Amaker's recruiting methods. I heard some stuff about his SHU days that gave me pause. Bamba is a great kid, though, and if he goes to Harvard it'd be for the right reasons.

I have a hard time rooting for Amaker. I live in NJ and am not a fan of what I've heard about Amaker's recruiting methods. I heard some stuff about his SHU days that gave me pause. Bamba is a great kid, though, and if he goes to Harvard it'd be for the right reasons.

If you're an athlete and you can get a scholarship to Harvard, I can't imagine what going there for the "wrong" reasons would be.

iommi said:

I wonder what Bamba is interested in studying. I hope we make another run at him and make an impact.

Thanks for sharing about the shadiness. There was certainly plenty of dysfunction on his last SHU team.

I like the idea of an elite recruit thumbing his nose at the elite schools so that he can get the best education he can. As much as I wanted to see Adonal Foyle wear orange, it was hard not to respect his decision to go to Colgate.

That's all I got!

This sounds very promising for Quade and Randolph to SU, which is awesome. Let's throw in Preston and Brissett and find a SF and we have a great class. Any idea if we are close with anyone else for 17?

Thanks for sharing about the shadiness. There was certainly plenty of dysfunction on his last SHU team.

I like the idea of an elite recruit thumbing his nose at the elite schools so that he can get the best education he can. As much as I wanted to see Adonal Foyle wear orange, it was hard not to respect his decision to go to Colgate.
His Colgate "decision" was his parents/handlers keeping the meal ticket close to home.
Basketball wise, they did the kid a huge disservice.

If you're an athlete and you can get a scholarship to Harvard, I can't imagine what going there for the "wrong" reasons would be.

LOL. I don't think Bamba would go there for wrong reasons but my point is Amaker has used dicey recruiting methods in the past. And Bamba is an excellent student. Amaker has created a looser academic environment. That's a big way he's upped recruiting. I've also had literally one hour of sleep, so I might not always make sense today. Hope this does.:noidea::bat:

Last edited:
This sounds very promising for Quade and Randolph to SU, which is awesome. Let's throw in Preston and Brissett and find a SF and we have a great class. Any idea if we are close with anyone else for 17?

Maybe Brissett. That's looking very promising, along with Green.

Obviously Harvard can't give out scholarships, but knowing some Ivy League ballers it's common knowledge throughout the conference that Harvard gives Amaker 2 freebies a year, so they can compete on a National level. Meaning they make it very easy for a player to come that otherwise couldn't .

Obviously Harvard can't give out scholarships, but knowing some Ivy League ballers it's common knowledge throughout the conference that Harvard gives Amaker 2 freebies a year, so they can compete on a National level. Meaning they make it very easy for a player to come that otherwise couldn't .

They work around it. Great post. Hi, cusetown.

If your parents make under $125k per year and you get into Harvard the tuition and room and board is waved.

I think that is relatively similar at Penn too. The difference being that most of the kids that have the basketball chops to make them competitive don't have the academic profile to get in either place or have no desire to be in a third world athletics environment. I guess Bamba would be relatively unique in that regard if he has a good enough academic resume and is actually interested in going there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom