Forde says Schiano could be the guy | Syracusefan.com

Forde says Schiano could be the guy

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Syracuse (11). Left: Scott Shafer. Arriving: Is this the re-entry point for Greg Schiano? Has had success in the northeast, and his name hasn’t generated as much interest at some other locales as might have been expected. (There was some chatter about Schiano and Miami, but it may not be front-burner chatter.) Remains to be seen if athletic director Mark Coyle would reciprocate any Schiano interest, but he seemingly would be a very good hire at a school that has been down on its football luck for most of the last decade.

As icky as I would feel, I wouldnt hate it.

This is one of the many reasons I don't want this clown.
elihit.gif

Reminiscent of the quote in the Forde article about SU basketball's NCAA violations, I imagine this is how Forde came up with this match:

images

Oh goody, another defensive minded coach. Cancel the Notre Dame series and replace it with Howard. LSU can be replaced by William and Mary. He'd never survive with the current SU schedule.

A friend has a personal connection to Schiano and from what he tells me, this would not be a good fit from a personality perspective. If ya'll thought Marrone was demanding and harsh and a stickler for details, Schiano is all that plus on things that don't matter in the big picture (example: if the facility wasn't set at his predetermined 66 degrees or whatever it was, lord help you).

Reactions: CIL
I'd buy out all the torches and pitchforks before anybody else had a chance.

Just a guy throwing a name out there.

SU sucks, Schiano is desperate, he's from the area, go for it.

Why fire a good guy defensive coach for an ahole defensive coach.

Bush league. No one in the NFL does it, it's how people get BS injuries.
"Unwritten rule or not, I think it's silly. If taking a knee is supposed to be automatic and the defense is not supposed to try to take the ball away, why require a team to take a knee? Just skip to the end of the game instead of wasting everyone's time. That way there is no threat of injury at all. A team should stop trying to win when down only one touchdown?

Coyle is trying to rebuild the program, not destroy it further. I can only imagine the backlash this would cause. We would go from praising Coyle as the man to get it right. To hanging him from the Hall of Languages.

"Unwritten rule or not, I think it's silly. If taking a knee is supposed to be automatic and the defense is not supposed to try to take the ball away, why require a team to take a knee? Just skip to the end of the game instead of wasting everyone's time. That way there is no threat of injury at all. A team should stop trying to win when down only one touchdown?

I dislike Schiano as much as any hot blooded SU fan but I agree. Not a fan of the victory formation in a 1 score game. Guys are allowed to try and block FG's and punts but a QB kneeling is off limits?

Even if you are okay with this, the guys record is a joke. It was build up by playing terrible schools. HCSS is a better defensive coach then this clown.

This is fun.

Word is the AD's already reached out to Jon Gruden, Jim Grobe, and Bobby Ross.

Mike Stoops and Rick Neuheisel have local ties, but Brady Hoke has the system to win with this roster now.

Ralph Friedgen is the fan favorite, but it's hard to ignore the recruiting success Brian Schottenheimer and Ron Zook have had.