Forget the uniforms why did Nike change the shade of Orange on the helmets? | Syracusefan.com

Forget the uniforms why did Nike change the shade of Orange on the helmets?

Alsacs

Living Legend
images

images

The new metallic shade of Orange doesn't look as good as the old traditional shade of Orange on the helmets. The lacrosse team's orange lids are the old shade of orange the football team used and they look great. If Nike doesn't want to fix our uniforms atleast give us the old shade of orange in the rotation with white, and blue.

images

images

The new metallic shade of Orange doesn't look as good as the old traditional shade of Orange on the helmets. The lacrosse team's orange lids are the old shade of orange the football team used and they look great. If Nike doesn't want to fix our uniforms atleast give us the old shade of orange in the rotation with white, and blue.

Yep I remember all that stuff about pantones several years ago and they made a big deal about the specific orange pantone for us. I liked the "right" color or orange too!

Nike doesn't make football helmets.
Fine if you want to get techincal designed by Nike. Nike designs them and then Riddell manufactures them.

Who was behind the designs of the new helmets we got?

there is a company called hydro graphics based out of oregon (obv a major client of theirs) who have also done work for a number of schools, including Syracuse who they list as a client (and show the blue/orange helmet on their portfolio page). They are involved in the design process to an extent as well as the manufacturing of methods for different helmet effects.

The current helmets, and correct me if im wrong, only seem to be darker because it looks like they are using the "matte" finish which is popular with a number of programs these days.

there is a company called hydro graphics based out of oregon (obv a major client of theirs) who have also done work for a number of schools, including Syracuse who they list as a client (and show the blue/orange helmet on their portfolio page). They are involved in the design process to an extent as well as the manufacturing of methods for different helmet effects.

The current helmets, and correct me if im wrong, only seem to be darker because it looks like they are using the "matte" finish which is popular with a number of programs these days.

Also tough comparing color w/ indoor lighting vs outdoor lighting as in the original pics. I like the new helmet color but it's difficult to match a metallic finish to a fabric color... especially when that fabric is orange which nike seem to have a big issue getting correct.

Alsacs said:

It's all about the paint/finish. Harder to match when working with metallic finishes.

Come gather ’round people
Wherever you roam

It's all about the paint/finish. Harder to match when working with metallic finishes.
Metallic finish or not, the shade of orange is darker. This was one of the first changes that Queen Nancy and Gross made when they came to SU. Addi
images

images

The shade of orange first changed when Queen Nancy took over the big chair. It used to be a brighter orange but Jake and Nike standardized all the sports uniforms to the same shade and made it more like Texas. I remember a comment being made (I think from Nancy) at the time that it would improve sales because women liked the more subdued shade. The metallic color change orange again.

SU68 said:
Metallic finish or not, the shade of orange is darker. This was one of the first changes that Queen Nancy and Gross made when they came to SU. Addi The shade of orange first changed when Queen Nancy took over the big chair. It used to be a brighter orange but Jake and Nike standardized all the sports uniforms to the same shade and made it more like Texas. I remember a comment being made (I think from Nancy) at the time that it would improve sales because women liked the more subdued shade. The metallic color change orange again.

Yeah - I get all that. Just saying metallic paint is different and harder to match Pantone values to. They did introduce a brighter orange with the new unis...

Idk if any of you guys have seen the USA national team jerseys for the women's World Cup, but just saw On the news here in Portland and they have GREEN on them. Yes they were made by Nike.

now I'm not American, but it doesn't take an American to know that the United States always were Red white or blue !

Idk if any of you guys have seen the USA national team jerseys for the women's World Cup, but just saw On the news here in Portland and they have GREEN on them. Yes they were made by Nike.

now I'm not American, but it doesn't take an American to know that the United States always were Red white or blue !

When I was watching their last match against Ireland I almost made a post on here about that. Green jerseys, seriously. Ridiculous.

When I was watching their last match against Ireland I almost made a post on here about that. Green jerseys, seriously. Ridiculous.
Nike.

Thought it would have more comments on here.

And it's worse because it's a NATIONAL team representing a country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom