Former Rutgers QB Tom Savage named Pitt's starting QB | Syracusefan.com

Former Rutgers QB Tom Savage named Pitt's starting QB

That guy still has eligibility?

09- played at rutgers
10-played at rutgers <Dodd got the starting nod and he left>
11-sat out a year at Arizona <Rich Rod got hired and he left>
12-sat out a year at Pitt
13-starter at Pitt <for now>

Doesn't say much for what was in the cupboard at Pitt.

This is the guy that lost his job to true freshmen Chas Dodd.

The guys at SU sat behind 5th year seniors, multi year starter, fourth round picks.

Does Savage get reintroduced to the Dome carpet or does he just curl up in the fetal position on the first snap?

Conspiracy Theory: Pitt has named Savage to secretly advise Syracuse regarding Dome lighting. Let's face it, after being knocked on his back so many times he is an expert. :D

09- played at rutgers
10-played at rutgers <Dodd got the starting nod and he left>
11-sat out a year at Arizona <Rich Rod got hired and he left>
12-sat out a year at Pitt
13-starter at Pitt <for now>

Wow, so "Randy" Savage has not played since the Fall of 2010. He has not seen live action in almost 3 years and his return will be against Florida State. Good luck with that, Pitt.

If only we could go back to 2008 and read RU fans gush about the greatest QB prospect in the history of inflated animal bladders.

@McMurphyESPN
Former Rutgers QB Tom Savage named Pitt's starting QB. Panthers open vs. Florida State on Sept. 2

Glad we get another shot at him.
I think we all know how this story is going to end...;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I really hope that Doug can be on campus and walk out to midfield as an honorary game captain. Savage would crap himself on the spot!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is one case where I can confidently say we don't need Marrone. Shafer's blitzes are what ended Savage's time at Rutgers. If he does resurrect his college career and play well this year, Pitt should make a significant donation to our IPF as a thank you.

Tom Savage or Geno Smith - you decide.

Dear Tommy Boy,

We sure did miss you.

Love,

Syracuse D

savagedownjpeg-43d260df3f13f702_large.jpeg

-27bdbfd821db8b29_large.jpg

carter--300x300.jpg

tom-savage-p1.jpg

9046382-large.jpg

This is one case where I can confidently say we don't need Marrone. Shafer's blitzes are what ended Savage's time at Rutgers. If he does resurrect his college career and play well this year, Pitt should make a significant donation to our IPF as a thank you.
The reference was to Doug Hogue, not FHCDM. :)

The Rutgers offensive line was a sieve and that would make Tom Brady scared to fad back into the pocket. Pitt has a history of having good blockers and if Savage doesn't have flashbacks and can go back into the pocket comfortably, he'll be serviceable. Rutgers has a way of crushing their own qb's confidence and watching Dodd then Nova fall apart last year shows they are consistently wreaking qb's at an alarming rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom