Former Syracuse lacrosse attack Stephen Keogh takes series of uppercuts to face (video) (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse lacrosse attack Stephen Keogh takes series of uppercuts to face (video) (PS)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse, N.Y. — Former Syracuse attack Stephen Keogh was on the wrong end of a fight that is spreading across the Internet Tuesday morning.

Keogh, who plays for the Rochester Knighthawks, took a series of uppercuts to the face from New England Black Wolves enforcer Bill O'Brien during the first quarter of Rochester's 15-10 victory on Tuesday...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangelacro..._keogh_takes_series_of_uppercuts_to_face.html

Billy O'Brien is a close cousin of the Thompsons & played with the older 2 at Lafayette HS. He's a Native & proudly wears his hair long to represent his culture. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was doing an internship with a company that works with mine & he's a very polite, well-spoken, & educated young man who handles many of the business aspects for the Thompson Bros. Lacrosse company that will launch once Lyle's college career is over.

Billy O'Brien is a close cousin of the Thompsons & played with the older 2 at Lafayette HS. He's a Native & proudly wears his hair long to represent his culture. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was doing an internship with a company that works with mine & he's a very polite, well-spoken, & educated young man who handles many of the business aspects for the Thompson Bros. Lacrosse company that will launch once Lyle's college career is over.
I know, heat of the game and all, but the dude needs some anger management courses. Unnecessary

My apologies for the "haircut" comment. Still, his actions were more representative of MMA action than lacrosse...completely unnecessary.

No apology necessary, I just thought I'd share my impression of him.

You guys are aware that fights like this are as common in the NLL as they are in the NHL, correct? While I've long believed that they have no place in either sport, I'm not sure that I saw anything in this clip that I haven't seen in 100's of NHL fights, though they're rarely this one-sided. O'Brien's role on the team is "enforcer", every team has one. Also, Keogh initiated the fight by ripping Bill's helmet off & dropping his gloves...hopefully next time he's better prepared to defend himself. Loved Keogh in Orange but he did have a bit of nasty streak & was known to dole out a cheap slash or 2. Typical scrappy Canadian box mentality.

W'boro'Cuse315 said:
No apology necessary, I just thought I'd share my impression of him.

You guys are aware that fights like this are as common in the NLL as they are in the NHL, correct? While I've long believed that they have no place in either sport, I'm not sure that I saw anything in this clip that I haven't seen in 100's of NHL fights, though they're rarely this one-sided. O'Brien's role on the team is "enforcer", every team has one. Also, Keogh initiated the fight by ripping Bill's helmet off & dropping his gloves...hopefully next time he's better prepared to defend himself. Loved Keogh in Orange but he did have a bit of nasty streak & was known to dole out a cheap slash or 2. Typical scrappy Canadian box mentality.

It almost seemed that Keogh didn't know who he was messing with and when he saw who he started with, he wanted know part of him.