Former UVA player suing University over hazing and abusive culture... | Syracusefan.com

Former UVA player suing University over hazing and abusive culture...

If all this is true it sure doesn't look good for them.

Ex-UVa receiver alleges hazing, abusive culture

This is the type of stuff that's got to go. Yes, it exists. Yes, it's disgusting.

Coaches know these things happen. You need to foster the environment you want. If this is the environment you allow, imo, you shouldn't have a place coaching.

There are often two sides to a story, I get it, pretty clear what happened here though.

There are two sides to every story but I really get the sense there is a lot of truth to Howard's version of events. This will get ugly for Virginia if it's the truth or close to it.

The only issue that I question is what he argues about the assistant coach. Nothing it if the ordinary from what i read.

I particularly despise people that pick on anyone with a learning disability. He's already had it harder than most and will continue to for the rest of his life, so these low life scumbags go out of their way to make it even harder? Anyone that participated should be fired/expelled. Any coach with knowledge of it should be banned from coaching. Find a new career you POS.

Very bad for UVa if the allegation is accurate. I also wonder why he was able to be admitted to a very academically good university with a "learning disability" (which can encompass any number of issues). :confused:

Very bad for UVa if the allegation is accurate. I also wonder why he was able to be admitted to a very academically good university with a "learning disability" (which can encompass any number of issues). :confused:
We do know thus far for a fact that there was a fight in the locker room. What seems to be coming out is that this was a bullying situation, which in and of itself is very bad, and not any organized hazing. What happened reflects badly on 2 assistants mentioned in most news reports, and the speculation from our board is that they are at the greatest risk of being canned.

There are "learning disabilities" and "LEARNING DISABILITIES". We not only have students with them, IIRC, we had a football player who had one, dyslexia IIRC, and there were some articles back then about how he had to deal with them. One thing not in UVa's favor is that it is known in disabilities circles as a "Compliance School", which means it does the bare minimums in order to maintain compliance with ADA, else have the state come down hard on it as well as the Feds. There are other schools which are much more proactive in regard to disabilities.

Waiting for more evidence.

Waiting for more evidence.
Exactly.

I read it and I kept thinking about the Rolling Stone - UVA rape accusations that were, of course, made up. And this is all from the family, their lawyer (who gets a percentage of what they get), and the sensationalist media (who doesn't care whether it's right or wrong as long as it drives readership and ad revenue).

When I read that this is the second time the family has been involved in a bullying controversy, it made me even more suspicious.

Of course, I am at a disadvantage, because I have no idea what actually is included in the new crime of "bullying". It appears that being mean to rookies, pledges and USMC recruits fall under this new law.

Here in the DC suburbs, "bullying" has been expanded to include excluding others from games in the school yard.

Exactly.

I read it and I kept thinking about the Rolling Stone - UVA rape accusations that were, of course, made up. And this is all from the family, their lawyer (who gets a percentage of what they get), and the sensationalist media (who doesn't care whether it's right or wrong as long as it drives readership and ad revenue).

When I read that this is the second time the family has been involved in a bullying controversy, it made me even more suspicious.

Of course, I am at a disadvantage, because I have no idea what actually is included in the new crime of "bullying". It appears that being mean to rookies, pledges and USMC recruits fall under this new law.

Here in the DC suburbs, "bullying" has been expanded to include excluding others from games in the school yard.

Agree 100%

It goes on way too much in high school, I experienced it, there is no place for it anywhere, but especially in college, these are adults we are talking about.

One thing is for certain, this case will be resolved well before UNC is ever punished for the crap they pulled.

It goes on way too much in high school, I experienced it, there is no place for it anywhere, but especially in college, these are adults we are talking about.

Interesting.

Define "Bullying" for me. What constitutes it?

Does it include not being "inclusive?"

And "Adults"? I now no longer what that means either.

Would it include the single 30-yr olds who live with their parents and devote a lot of time to video games? Or is this prolonged childhood?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom