Four guys played 40 minutes | Syracusefan.com

Four guys played 40 minutes

Ever been done before?
of course. I'm sure 5 guys have played 40 minutes before. Who do you want to play? The two guys that couldn't play in the MAC right now?

G came up a couple of seconds short...fouled out

It is amazing the lack of depth we have. McCollough's injury killed whatever margin for error we had in depth. If Joseph was more aggressive I doubt Patterson would play.

These guys have to be gassed on the court and their legs tired at the end.

TC is averaging more that 40:00 in ACC play. Think about that.

of course. I'm sure 5 guys have played 40 minutes before. Who do you want to play? The two guys that couldn't play in the MAC right now?

Please enlighten me where I said they SHOULDN'T have played 40 minutes.

I'll wait.

Iron Five. (actually Iron 4 since KJ splits time with Buss).

It is amazing the lack of depth we have. McCollough's injury killed whatever margin for error we had in depth. If Joseph was more aggressive I doubt Patterson would play.

College legs don't get tired after running around like mad men in a physical division 1 basketball game.

And no, I'm not saying we can afford to sub anyone. That's the conundrum.

Please enlighten me where I said they SHOULDN'T have played 40 minutes.

I'll wait.
You didn't. But usually on this board when you see minutes played, the next line is that chino should have played or BJ. I was just asking you a question.

You didn't. But usually on this board when you see minutes played, the next line is that chino should have played or BJ. I was just asking you a question.

Fair.

Hell, I would have rather put BJ in the game and give him a chance to jack a 3 than have Cooney inbounds to Rak just to be fouled.

Fair.

Hell, I would have rather put BJ in the game and give him a chance to jack a 3 than have Cooney inbounds to Rak just to be fouled.
LOL well, that shouldn't be an option.

Fair.

agree sadly. that last play should have been Rak inbounding with Cooney, G, Buss and BJ on the floor. find the one most open and let them jack it.

Last edited:
agree sadly. that last place should have been Rak inbounding with Cooney, G, Buss and BJ on the floor. find the one most open and let them jack it.
Should have let Cooney run off a pick and see if he could get open without passing it to Rak...if not, put G in the opposite corner and pass it to him.

Don't know if it's amazing but certainly a perfect storm. Save one scholarship for loaded 2015 class, lose 2 players at least somewhat unexpectedly to the NBA in April (I say somewhat since both Jerami and Tyler blew up after the early signing period leaving virtually no time to react and recruit replacements), lose 2 more to season ending injuries. Compound that with 2 scholarship players that apparently aren't ready to be significant contributors at this level yet.

Starting to think that in the days of one-and-dones the 13-scholarship limit might have to be addressed. Either that or the high majors will become much more reticent to recruit projects, no matter how high the potential since they don't have the luxury to give them time to develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom