Francis new podcast | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Francis new podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto's World: Otto's World Podcast Episode 19
images-1.jpeg

Serving the junkies...

Francis03 said:
Lydon needs to join you because it seems like he has been skipping out on curl day for months. Looks like he took the Paul Pierce and Zach Randolph route of weight gaining with no muscle definition lol.

Yep, he may be slower, but at least he can't jump as high.

Yep, he may be slower, but at least he can't jump as high.
I like how you talked about not boxing out and what total bullsh1t that is.
Even in zone you see you guys around you you want to prevent them from getting a rebound so you can go get it you find a body first then go get the rebound instead of standing there watching.

Especially if the shot is from 16 feet out you then have plenty of time to go towards the basket and on your way check out people and keep them behind you!

Last edited by a moderator:
good work as usual Dean. however, I would like to make a comment, I think the best part of the podcast by a mile was the last 3-4 minutes where you discuss the mind boggling recruiting and roster decisions that this staff has been making.

I do want to call you out on one part. you go to great lengths to call out lydon, howard, gillon and others about being decent against the JV teams but your analysis with Andrew white ends with a "well he averages 16 ppg so he good" type thing whereas when you split out the numbers he stunk against the so-called Varsity teams too. 3 games, (10, 14, 14) 12.7 ppg, (12/39) 30.7% from the field, and (8/25) 32% from 3. the most important part of what you said is that we cant expect to be 5th year U. gillon or white might be fine as a backup if we had an already good team. but to expect to bring these guys in and be the foundation of a good team is crazy. we have 3 transfers and they are all bad.

I think the big question that needs to be asked is what happened to player evaluation? I don't just mean the guys that we missed on altogether, but what happened with the guys that did come here that were total busts? I think it starts with kaleb joseph, what the hell happened? I don't mean you, I mean the staff

good work as usual Dean. however, I would like to make a comment, I think the best part of the podcast by a mile was the last 3-4 minutes where you discuss the mind boggling recruiting and roster decisions that this staff has been making.

I do want to call you out on one part. you go to great lengths to call out lydon, howard, gillon and others about being decent against the JV teams but your analysis with Andrew white ends with a "well he averages 16 ppg so he good" type thing whereas when you split out the numbers he stunk against the so-called Varsity teams too. 3 games, (10, 14, 14) 12.7 ppg, (12/39) 30.7% from the field, and (8/25) 32% from 3. the most important part of what you said is that we cant expect to be 5th year U. gillon or white might be fine as a backup if we had an already good team. but to expect to bring these guys in and be the foundation of a good team is crazy. we have 3 transfers and they are all bad.

I think the big question that needs to be asked is what happened to player evaluation? I don't just mean the guys that we missed on altogether, but what happened with the guys that did come here that were total busts? I think it starts with kaleb joseph, what the hell happened? I don't mean you, I mean the staff
Appreciate you and others taking the time to listen. In regards to AW3, I'm willing to cut him some slack in the early goings. He had a bad game against South Carolina, his worst of the year so far. Then his first half shooting display against Wiscy kept things competitive for a bit, while the rest besides DC2 pulled a no show. Against Yukon, he knocked down some shots early in the 2nd half to put us up double digits and then hit a clutch three to tie the game at the end. His game is limited off the bounce, so I'm expecting things to run hot and cold because we can't expect him to hit jumpers all game. That's why it's very important for others like Lydon, Howard, Battle, Gillon etc to help out and pickup the scoring slack.

"...but UConn is trash...UConn stuck to the script of stinkin' up the joint." My favorite part...lol.

Yep, you nailed it Francis. No holds barred. Love it, man. They have to really own that there looks like there is no offense right now.

It's just not working, and, to me anyway, they look like they are freezing out Lydon. That's not a good strategy. We need everybody contributing. We need at least 4 guys to have a good game to beat people. Nobody can dominate a game on our team. Sure, White can get hot and light it up, but he doesn't dominate a game if his shot isn't falling.

This is a team that has to win as a team, with a bunch of guys contributing, not just a couple. We don't have room for that many passengers on offense on this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.