Francis new podcast | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Francis new podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis, always killing it with the podcasts. This one was especially great (over 90 minutes!!!). Keep up the good work. I know I speak for everyone when I say that it is much appreciated.

I'm telling more people about your podcast. It's really done well. Thanks again for doing it.
Thanks. I really appreciate that and everyone else who has enjoyed the pods as well.
wZggY.png

Just got done listening to Pod #14. Great stuff! Thanks again for doing it. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: what you do (and of course a couple other guys, but mainly you!) really enhances what it means to be a Syracuse fan. I have Syracuse basketball stuff to root for year round (recruiting) because you are out there doing the play-by-play for me. I wouldn't have much of an idea of what is going on with the future of our team if wasn't for you. I know it must be so much work and effort to keep up with everything that you have to in order to stay in the know, so thanks one more time!

Just got done listening to Pod #14. Great stuff! Thanks again for doing it. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: what you do (and of course a couple other guys, but mainly you!) really enhances what it means to be a Syracuse fan. I have Syracuse basketball stuff to root for year round (recruiting) because you are out there doing the play-by-play for me. I wouldn't have much of an idea of what is going on with the future of our team if wasn't for you. I know it must be so much work and effort to keep up with everything that you have to in order to stay in the know, so thanks one more time!
It's my pleasure to do all of this whenever I can, and the fact that you along with so many others appreciate it is what keeps me going.:)

Even without special insight we must have a good chance, he came from Turkey and visited SU. It was out of the blue but that has to mean we are on a short list of schools he is considering with the deadline looming. Lets see if he does any other visits, or if this gets Thompson to verbal.

I assume if he visited other schools, we would have heard of it, no? Because it is sort of amazing, with the schools apparently interested in him, that he would come all the way from Turkey and not hit a couple of them. If he only came here, then he is deciding between Europe Pro and Syracuse. The decision will be more about his likelihood to be cleared than anything else. Unfortunately, the only thing we have a worse track record at than people staying is people getting cleared.

Even without special insight we must have a good chance, he came from Turkey and visited SU. It was out of the blue but that has to mean we are on a short list of schools he is considering with the deadline looming. Lets see if he does any other visits, or if this gets Thompson to verbal.

How can you not fall in love with Syracuse University when you see the first time!

I assume if he visited other schools, we would have heard of it, no? Because it is sort of amazing, with the schools apparently interested in him, that he would come all the way from Turkey and not hit a couple of them. If he only came here, then he is deciding between Europe Pro and Syracuse. The decision will be more about his likelihood to be cleared than anything else. Unfortunately, the only thing we have a worse track record at than people staying is people getting cleared.

And how good is his English so he can actually take classes.

What a crazy different looking team we will have if we land Yurtseven and with Gillon on the same court! Even with Chukwu and Gillon on the same court. Wow, things really change.

Do your special powers give you any insight on our chances of landing this guy:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...center_omer_yurtseven.html#incart_river_index
Jordoo summed it up perfectly above. Getting the first visit this late puts us in a favorable position. Word is that Bolden will most likely pick Duke coming up. So if UK and other big dogs start calling him for visits, then things could get more interesting.

Biggest concern for whoever gets him though is this. http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/...urtseven-he-doesn-t-care-about-this-team.html

Jordoo summed it up perfectly above. Getting the first visit this late puts us in a favorable position. Word is that Bolden will most likely pick Duke coming up. So if UK and other big dogs start calling him for visits, then things could get more interesting.

Biggest concern for whoever gets him though is this. http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/...urtseven-he-doesn-t-care-about-this-team.html

Yeah, relationship with players is very important. I think a lot of JB's success, and his demeanor has rubbed off on the assistants, is the way they handle the players. I think JB does a terrific job managing player attitudes. I don't think Yurtseven will be a problem. On contrary, I imagine our coaches would get his maximum output by managing him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.