Frank H | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. JB is infatuated with tall guards for the top of his zone and zone only mantra at all costs, and then hopes to mold/develop them to play the point. Howard was not a point in HS, henceforth doesn't really possess the skills for this position, certainly not at a high level ACC/P5, etc, is played at.

I get the infatutation and just mentioned it in some thread that Gillon might finally show them it isnt necessary, but I think that makes Coleman's upcoming tweet even more warranted!

Wait though, if he can't shoot nor handle, what did he play in HS? Small forward? This thread reminds me of species where the mother eats its offspring.

Last edited:
I get the infatutation and just mentioned in some thread that Gillon might finally show them it isnt necessary, but I think that makes Coleman's upcoming tweet even more warranted!

Jonny Flynn says hello! ;)

If I had a blog site I might be tempted to write an article called The Orange Letter, based on the The Scarlet Letter vibe I'm picking up in this thread. Next thing we know Jimmy Hoffa is going to reappear, in exchange for Billy Fucillo and a player to be named later.

If I had a blog site I might be tempted to write an article called The Orange Letter, based on the The Scarlet Letter vibe I'm picking up in this thread. Next thing we know Jimmy Hoffa is going to reappear, in exchange for Billy Fucillo and a player to be named later.
People aren't saying what he did because he is still part of the program. However just know he has hurt the program and it doesn't have anything to do with his on court play.

Im only going to address his basketball abilities not his attitude.
Unless he can develop a shot he will never be a lead player at this level. Teams will continue to play off him which kills our ability to space. He has talent but without a shot he is a major liability. Jb said it in his press conference. Johns ability to hit from the outside is critical. Again only focusing on basketball abilities that is what separates john from frank. Throw in the attitude issue with Frank and there is no reason for him to play.

Can't shoot, can't beat people off the dribble, forces stupid passes that aren't there, not the greatest ball handler, plays no defense, and seems more concerned with trying to get a highlight reel play than winning the game. Example - chance for a breakaway hoop against Gtown...he slows down, goes off two feet, and cocks the ball way back behind his head...right where the defender that's right behind him can knock it away. Clown play. Clown season out of him.

Other than that, he's been awesome.

Tommy Kane's nickname by his teammates was "KoKane" and the staff knew it. first hand by a former teammate who I am very good friends with.
When I knew Tommy, he was a good guy, but our interactions were professional.

As we evaluate why Frank was recruited, keep in mind that we probably did not recruit him intending that he would be our number 1 point guard starting his sophomore season. However, when the roster parts stopped moving we were left in a position where we had to try to make him into that; so far the experiment has been a miserable failure. If I am thinking about this correctly he was recruited before we knew the roster would be limited by the sanctions and before we knew that Kaleb Joseph wasn't going to work out. Had Kaleb worked out, Frank is in a role that more closely approximates a reprise of last season's role than being made the captain of the ship.

The roster is so dynamic year to year when you factor in (i) the addition of new recruits, (ii) existing player development (iii) unexpected loss of players (early entry, injury, failure to develop, transfer out etc.) that when you add the tightening of the roster through scholarship and recruiting limitations it seems to me that it is a very difficult situation to manage.

Calipari and K are in a position where they can jump in on a blue chip recruit at the last moment and steal him away from other programs. So far we have not shown an ability to do that...to have a chance with those kids we have to be involved earlier and more consistently. Additionally, being able to get the one and dones perpetuates itself from a planning stage. When you get top 10 guys, you can plan that you need to replace them the following year. When you get guys that exceed expectations and end up leaving early (Ennis, Richardson, Grant) it is harder to have yourself in a position to replace them unless you are able to do it with guys on your roster who were waiting their turn. In a lot of ways it is much harder to have the Ennis, Richardson or Grant type than to have a CMac who you know you will only have for one year.

When your needs are constantly changing I think the roster restocking game is a lot harder to manage than we all have been willing to acknowledge.

I also heard that frank was secretly the gtown player that caused AO to go down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors