Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like he will be a Brandon Triche type guard for us. But, dare I say it, even less athleticism and more below the rim play... Battle or Murray are still high priority at guard down the line, imo...

Good afternoon fellow cuse fans, I am the owner of capitol Hoops, a fellow Cuse graduate, and the creator of those videos and interviews of franklin howard that were posted on youtube and on here yesterday. I have seen howard play 40+ times over the past 4 years and know both him and his game very well. He is unlike any player we have had in the past decade. The player I would actually say he is most similar to is gibinije. He is tall, can handle the ball, but isn't a true point as of yet. He does everything very well. Contrary to popular belief, he can definitely play above the rim, just so happens that the highlight tape that was made was made of highlights of about 6 games, and he didnt dunk in any of those 6 games but he can get up, or at least he did get up pre-injury. He's been working very hard and is now practicing at almost 100%, and will be playing in games soon. He has grown about 2 inches since the last time he played and being that he turned 17 yesterday, he could grow more. It is funny that as a freshman when he played at Gonzaga, before he transferred to Paul VI, he played against jerami at DeMatha and the same day Jerami declares, Frank announces. I can promise you this fellow cuse fans. You will get TONS of video of frank over the next year, more video then any cuse recruit you've ever seen before he stepped on campus.
And Frank plays in what is arguably the best conference in the country, and they play a crazy out of conference schedule. In addition to Frank they have 6-7 other D-1 players on their team, and that will make frank read to play his freshman year.

Good afternoon fellow cuse fans, I am the owner of capitol Hoops, a fellow Cuse graduate, and the creator of those videos and interviews of franklin howard that were posted on youtube and on here yesterday. I have seen howard play 40+ times over the past 4 years and know both him and his game very well. He is unlike any player we have had in the past decade. The player I would actually say he is most similar to is gibinije. He is tall, can handle the ball, but isn't a true point as of yet. He does everything very well. Contrary to popular belief, he can definitely play above the rim, just so happens that the highlight tape that was made was made of highlights of about 6 games, and he didnt dunk in any of those 6 games but he can get up, or at least he did get up pre-injury. He's been working very hard and is now practicing at almost 100%, and will be playing in games soon. He has grown about 2 inches since the last time he played and being that he turned 17 yesterday, he could grow more. It is funny that as a freshman when he played at Gonzaga, before he transferred to Paul VI, he played against jerami at DeMatha and the same day Jerami declares, Frank announces. I can promise you this fellow cuse fans. You will get TONS of video of frank over the next year, more video then any cuse recruit you've ever seen before he stepped on campus.
And Frank plays in what is arguably the best conference in the country, and they play a crazy out of conference schedule. In addition to Frank they have 6-7 other D-1 players on their team, and that will make frank read to play his freshman year.

Thanks for posting those interview / game footage yesterday!

Appreciate the inside perspective on Franklin's game / background / capabilities.

Announcer mentioned that he's 6-5 now, but is projected to grow as tall as 6-8.

Let's Go Orange!!!

If he becomes 6'8" with legitimate PG skills, he will be a one and done if he has any kind of athleticism.

That said nobody really thinks he will put on any more height do they?

Excited to get Howard, hopefully it doesn't impact our ability to add a Battle in 2016.

Last point I'd like to make tonight... Why did Ennis leaving (2 years before he could arrive) seal the deal? I get that he wanted to make sure he'd have some PT the moment he joins campus, but is like to think if Ennis came back for next year, Howard would still be committed to us today.

But it is what it is I suppose. Welcom Frank, can't wait to see you (and your 2015 mates) on the hill!

Last point I'd like to make tonight... Why did Ennis leaving (2 years before he could arrive) seal the deal? I get that he wanted to make sure he'd have some PT the moment he joins campus, but is like to think if Ennis came back for next year, Howard would still be committed to us today.

Didn't make any sense to me either

Just got back from watching frank Howard at Team Takeover practice. He looked good tonight. Still not 100%, timing isn't 100%, but showed his athleticism, got up for a handful of dunks, hit a lot of 3's in a modified scrimmage, and passing was very good. Didnt play point much, but they have about 5 legit point guards on the team. But did handle the ball some. Will have a lot of footage of him in the video I put up of team takeover practice later tonight or tmrw including a 1 minute interview with him. You can find it on the capitol hoops youtube page.

Just got back from watching frank Howard at Team Takeover practice. He looked good tonight. Still not 100%, timing isn't 100%, but showed his athleticism, got up for a handful of dunks, hit a lot of 3's in a modified scrimmage, and passing was very good. Didnt play point much, but they have about 5 legit point guards on the team. But did handle the ball some. Will have a lot of footage of him in the video I put up of team takeover practice later tonight or tmrw including a 1 minute interview with him. You can find it on the capitol hoops youtube page.
Going to get the sense that you might become the new BJ Johnson's dad around here if you keep us updated on all things Franklin Howard over the years

Going to get the sense that you might become the new BJ Johnson's dad around here if you keep us updated on all things Franklin Howard over the years
Your going to liken me to BJ Johnsons dad?
I'm a syracuse grad and happen to run a HS recruiting/news website in the DC metro area and one of our kids down here just committed to my alma mater so i thought I would do my fellow cuse fans a favor and keep everyone up to date on a regular basis as to his health/progress. we're out there shooting video 6-7 days a week as is. If you guys dont want to hear about him thats just fine, you can discuss 30 other recruits, 2 of which we may land, or you can get a regular update on a kid whose face your gonna see in our uniform every game for probably 4 years. i've got plenty of other stuff to do if my posts annoy you.

I'm a syracuse grad and happen to run a HS recruiting/news website in the DC metro area and one of our kids down here just committed to my alma mater so i thought I would do my fellow cuse fans a favor and keep everyone up to date on a regular basis as to his health/progress. we're out there shooting video 6-7 days a week as is. If you guys dont want to hear about him thats just fine, you can discuss 30 other recruits, 2 of which we may land, or you can get a regular update on a kid whose face your gonna see in our uniform every game for probably 4 years. i've got plenty of other stuff to do if my posts annoy you.

He meant it as a compliment brother. When BJ Johnson committed, his dad was providing updates all the time.

It was a compliment I think. OG is very well revered here.

As others have said it was meant as a compliment. Also your post/like ratio is about to go bananas if you are giving us updates on Howard on a regular basis.

We will very much appreciate the updates as we all want to see Howard dominate over the next year in as many ways as possible, your updates will only help us get a better feel for him.

ok, sorry for the miscommunication. This is a video we did on team takeovers practice thursday night. Howard looked very good as you will see on the video, He's obviously the guy wearing the syracuse shorts. He did have some trouble handling passes, bobbling rebounds, just normal everyday basketball things that average HS kids can do well. So its clearly a timing thing and just getting back into basketball shape. But he shot 60+ % from the perimeter in the modified scrimmage, had a couple beautiful passes, but had a couple to many turnovers. He's still not gonna be playing in games for takeover for a few weeks but he was definitely playing in practice with no restrictions and no kne brace. Interview is at the very very end.

ok, sorry for the miscommunication. This is a video we did on team takeovers practice thursday night. Howard looked very good as you will see on the video, He's obviously the guy wearing the syracuse shorts. He did have some trouble handling passes, bobbling rebounds, just normal everyday basketball things that average HS kids can do well. So its clearly a timing thing and just getting back into basketball shape. But he shot 60+ % from the perimeter in the modified scrimmage, had a couple beautiful passes, but had a couple to many turnovers. He's still not gonna be playing in games for takeover for a few weeks but he was definitely playing in practice with no restrictions and no kne brace. Interview is at the very very end.
Thank you

TY for the video and any updates you can give! I like Howards jumper but he seems to have a low release point was just wondering if that is something that will get changed or is it not an issue?

Thanks Sterncuse. When I first heard that we got the commitment from Howard I was excited for a commitment but disappointed that it wasn't a big. I feel we need to secure a couple of bigs for 2015, but that has changed after watching Howard work. He has a smooth release from the outside and he definitely shows that he can take it to the hole. If he hadn't committed to SU he would shoot up the rankings next year. For some reason when we get commits it has the opposite affect, but that is okay because I believe he is top 25 once he gets back into the rhythm of playing and trusting his knee. I love seeing that Howard is sporting the Cuse shorts. Thanks again for the video and keep them coming.

Do you know if there are any other guys from Takeover that are interested in Cuse or vice versa?

Thanks Sterncuse. When I first heard that we got the commitment from Howard I was excited for a commitment but disappointed that it wasn't a big. I feel we need to secure a couple of bigs for 2015, but that has changed after watching Howard work. He has a smooth release from the outside and he definitely shows that he can take it to the hole. If he hadn't committed to SU he would shoot up the rankings next year. For some reason when we get commits it has the opposite affect, but that is okay because I believe he is top 25 once he gets back into the rhythm of playing and trusting his knee. I love seeing that Howard is sporting the Cuse shorts. Thanks again for the video and keep them coming.

Do you know if there are any other guys from Takeover that are interested in Cuse or vice versa?
Tyler Lydon wasent ranked before he commited. Now he is rated in the 60-80 range on most of the top 100 lists!

Good stuff.
Who was the lefty, yellow shorts, has a real nice stroke?

Lefty yellow shorts is Randall Broddie , also goes by walter broddie, he is tremendous talent, played HS with Dion Wiley at Potomac. He's on the 16s. He's considered a rising junior, 2016 although he only has 1 year of eligibility left, so he'll have to go to a 5th year HS. He should have all the big dogs knocking on his door next year. Release point for frank, yeah seemed a touch low, a little lower then his soph year, he does have single digit full tilt practices under his belt since coming back so everything is getting fine tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.