Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler Lydon wasent ranked before he commited. Now he is rated in the 60-80 range on most of the top 100 lists!
It was the same for Hak. Unranked until we got him. Immediately to lower part of top 100.

Frank Howard ‏@Jesussss_ 41m
Weighed and measure at 6'6 190
1f608.png

FRANKLIN HOWARD TO MAKE HIS DEBUT TOMORROW, ALMOST A YEAR AFTER TEARING HIS ACL, AND I WILL BE THERE TO RECORD GAME AND GIVE YOU GUYS HIGHLIGHTS
Frank Howard ‏@Jesussss_ 16m
I am playing tomorrow in our game too! Good to be back.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Thinking about following frank with the camera the entire time he's in the game so everyone can get a real good glimpse of him, off the ball, help side D, etc etc. But it will depend how many mins he plays because i need to cover the game also.
Another note, i predicted to francis that Frank would make his debut this weekend a few days ago, just had a hunch, no inside info. BANG BANG, got confirmation via franks twitter about 15 mins ago

Thinking about following frank with the camera the entire time he's in the game so everyone can get a real good glimpse of him, off the ball, help side D, etc etc. But it will depend how many mins he plays because i need to cover the game also.
Another note, i predicted to francis that Frank would make his debut this weekend a few days ago, just had a hunch, no inside info. BANG BANG, got confirmation via franks twitter about 15 mins ago
Stern, sounds like you are very dialed in to Howard and his gameplay. Looking forwards to the videos you post of him over the next year.

I used to look forward to the weekly updates during the hs season that the post standard did. You're coverage blows that info away. Much appreciated. It is guys like Stern that make this board special. BTW, we are in Rochester and my youngest son was just offered a job in DC. One of his first comments was, "we can go over and see Frankie Howard"!

Alright guys and gals, After watching 8 hours of hoops today let me collect my thoughts on Frank. Takeover was playing with their entire roster for the first time all year. In addition to Frank big georgios papagiannis was playing with the team today. So there were 12 guys to distribute minutes between.
Frank didn't start, he checked in with 2 other players about 4 minutes into the game. In his first stint he played about 4 minutes and was 0-2 from the field 2 perimeter shots, 1 3-ball that missed badly, 1 long two that missed.
He ended up playing more minutes than i expected. I think he played 5 stints, about 2-4 mins each, probably played 35-40% of the game. HE SHOWED ZERO FAVORITISM TO HIS KNEE/LEG HE HAD SURGERY ON. They ran an alley-oop in the half court set to him that got broken up. He had a real nice and-1. He was probably 2-8 from the field and i think he was 1-3 from the line. He didn't play any point but he did handle the ball a bit, and he had a few really nice passes. His timing is still not 100%, but if you didn't know anything about his injury and you saw him play today you would not think he was coming off an injury.
For those interested big George is an ANIMAL and every aspect of his game is amazing, passing, shot blocking, perimeter game, low post presence, if we can get in on the big george sweepstakes, that would be a very very good thing.
There were a tone of team takeover alumni standing behind the bench, victor oladipo, james robinson, jerian grant (no jerami), and many more who aren't as recognizable.
Once my 8 hours of footage is done uploading to the computer I'm going to do a highlight tape of team takeover, and then I'll also do a little highlight tape of just frank for you guys, with a little interview at end. I put a couple pictures on twitter one of him dunking in pre game on twitter @capitolhoops Video may not be up til late but i'll post it when done

Awesome report. Wish he had been more productive, but I guess that's to be expected in his first game back. BTW, next weekend I will be at Westtown. Does their AAU team have a game next weekend that "big George" would be at. Would love to see him on campus when I visit. I might even wear my SU shirt...

Alright guys and gals, After watching 8 hours of hoops today let me collect my thoughts on Frank. Takeover was playing with their entire roster for the first time all year. In addition to Frank big georgios papagiannis was playing with the team today. So there were 12 guys to distribute minutes between.
Frank didn't start, he checked in with 2 other players about 4 minutes into the game. In his first stint he played about 4 minutes and was 0-2 from the field 2 perimeter shots, 1 3-ball that missed badly, 1 long two that missed.
He ended up playing more minutes than i expected. I think he played 5 stints, about 2-4 mins each, probably played 35-40% of the game. HE SHOWED ZERO FAVORITISM TO HIS KNEE/LEG HE HAD SURGERY ON. They ran an alley-oop in the half court set to him that got broken up. He had a real nice and-1. He was probably 2-8 from the field and i think he was 1-3 from the line. He didn't play any point but he did handle the ball a bit, and he had a few really nice passes. His timing is still not 100%, but if you didn't know anything about his injury and you saw him play today you would not think he was coming off an injury.
For those interested big George is an ANIMAL and every aspect of his game is amazing, passing, shot blocking, perimeter game, low post presence, if we can get in on the big george sweepstakes, that would be a very very good thing.
There were a tone of team takeover alumni standing behind the bench, victor oladipo, james robinson, jerian grant (no jerami), and many more who aren't as recognizable.
Once my 8 hours of footage is done uploading to the computer I'm going to do a highlight tape of team takeover, and then I'll also do a little highlight tape of just frank for you guys, with a little interview at end. I put a couple pictures on twitter one of him dunking in pre game on twitter @capitolhoops Video may not be up til late but i'll post it when done

Sounds like a productive first outing. Not statistically, but in terms of just getting back out there and not showing any physical ill-effects from the injury.

Sterncuse, these type of first hand scouting reports are invaluable--really provide a much more robust set of content than what is usually featured in newspaper articles, etc. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your observations / impressions.

Awesome report. Wish he had been more productive, but I guess that's to be expected in his first game back. BTW, next weekend I will be at Westtown. Does their AAU team have a game next weekend that "big George" would be at. Would love to see him on campus when I visit. I might even wear my SU shirt...
they will be in dallas next weekend, maybe you can buy a papagiannis jersey on the westtown campus!

Okay folks, This is highlights from team takeover game today, I havent put together a little hilite tape of just frank yet (which will include all his shots, assists, rebounds, and a interview), ive been watching basketball in person and on a computer screen for 15 straight hours, i cant take any more, ill get it on here tomorrow.
Here is takeover game highlights Frank wears #4 for takeover. Other players of note.
#1 Bryant Crawford
#3 Justin Jenifer
#5 Kevin Dorsey
#15 Sam Miller
#23 Josh Reaves
#24 Marcus Derrickson (georgetown)
#33 is big George papagiannis

okay, heres frank, just frank from the game yesterday, jersey #4

Awesome video, Stern!

Frank seemed to have no fear attacking the basket and made several great passes. Outside shot not there yet, but that's to be expected having not seen the court in a year. Best highlight was his fight to go get a loose ball toward the end of the game highlights.

Love the kid's attitude and understanding of the road to his FULL recovery (Rome wasn't built in a day).

Looked like he had decent lift on the 'Oop attempt. Decent wingspan. Is it expected that he might hit 6'6", maybe 6'7"... or is he done growing?

okay, heres frank, just frank from the game yesterday, jersey #4

He looked fine physically. Unselfish, good passer. Handle looked solid. Good body control and athletic ability in the paint.

The only negative I saw is that his release on his jumper is really low and slow. That has to change and will require a lot of work, but it is pretty common. Jerami for instance had the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.