Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like he had decent lift on the 'Oop attempt. Decent wingspan. Is it expected that he might hit 6'6", maybe 6'7"... or is he done growing?
Just like General Sherman, eight foot tall he was, if he was a foot.
Capitan_sherman.jpg

Sterncuse, it seems like you have seen a number of our recruits play/practice, I would love you opinion on who you feel we are going after the hardest for our remaining slots in 2015 & 2016. And of the big man prospects we are looking at (Diagne, Silva, Bryant, Govan) what are your impressions of where we stand with each of them and who you would like to see us land. Thanks in advance!

Handle looked better than I thought and showed some good court vision. I like him. He's going to get better and better. You can see why either Red or Hop said that he could have a MCW-like impact possibly.

Not sure if people have noticed but Frank Howard has not played in 2 straight games for team takeover as they are currently at Boo Williams and according to stat sheet only played 3 minutes in their opening game their saturday, but had a stat-stuffing 3 minutes ...... 1-4 FG, 1-2 3pt FG 1 rebound, 1 assist, 3 personal fouls ( http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/7065011?subseason=148178 ) , not sure if that minute count is accurate, I've noticed from games that i've watched in full on the EYBL that the stat sheets are miserably wrong on a consistent basis. Let me digress.
Frank hasnt played in 2 straight games, they have been super important games for team takeover. I'm currently on a 2 week vacation so I'm a bit out of the loop, exept for having my phone and computer. Ive put some calls/emails/tweets in to see if he's okay, had a setback, whats going on. Anyone else hear anything about this? I'm a bit concerned. Just as he was starting to turn the corner, and up the minutes, and get into his rhythm, and really contribute, it seems like something has happened. I would be surprised if its disciplinary, because why 3 minutes, hoping its precautionary, or maybe that stat sheet really meant to say 13 minutes and he simply had to leave after that game for another commitment and this posting is completely unwarranted? ..... stay tuned

http://syracusefan.com/threads/recruiting-updates.51912/page-15#post-1049528

Frank hasnt played in 2 straight games, they have been super important games for team takeover. I'm currently on a 2 week vacation so I'm a bit out of the loop, exept for having my phone and computer. Ive put some calls/emails/tweets in to see if he's okay, had a setback, whats going on. Anyone else hear anything about this? I'm a bit concerned. Just as he was starting to turn the corner, and up the minutes, and get into his rhythm, and really contribute, it seems like something has happened. I would be surprised if its disciplinary, because why 3 minutes, hoping its precautionary, or maybe that stat sheet really meant to say 13 minutes and he simply had to leave after that game for another commitment and this posting is completely unwarranted? ... stay tuned

Hope they just gave him the day off. He's not fully there yet, but haven't heard of anything serious. Probably just not rushing him back.

Frank Howard, @Jesussss_ Plays his best game of the summer going off for 14 points on 7-11 FG, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, in 19 minutes in a 90-63 victory as team takeover defeats NTL Red Storm (LA) 90-63. It was Frank's first double digit scoring performance of the summer, his high in assist for the summer, and his hi in minutes. A great sign for a guy who according to some reports may have tweaked his injured knee last week, although reports couldn't be confirmed. Regardless he's lookng sharp now, and his coach is giving him a longer leash, letting him play this many mins, especially being that this is his 3rd games in a 24 hour span.

Just a few thoughts on Howard I just shared with Francis:
Frankie looked nice. Good spring on his hops, definitely not afraid of the knee. Couple flashy and sweet dishes, hit a three ball, dunked and one or two lay-ins. Very happy to see his hops and speed. Little sloppy with the handle early, but looked good enough with the ball.

He looked fine physically. Unselfish, good passer. Handle looked solid. Good body control and athletic ability in the paint.

The only negative I saw is that his release on his jumper is really low and slow. That has to change and will require a lot of work, but it is pretty common. Jerami for instance had the same issue.

here is another video. This kid can play. Can't wait to see him in orange.

I've been impressed -- both in this article and in interviews that have been linked -- about how mature and well spoken Franklin Howard is for a high school junior. Kid must be really smart, because he is very well spoken and espouses a mature perspective on things well beyond his years.

I've been impressed -- both in this article and in interviews that have been linked -- about how mature and well spoken Franklin Howard is for a high school junior. Kid must be really smart, because he is very well spoken and espouses a mature perspective on things well beyond his years.
He was smart enough to want to come to the Cuse !!!:);):p

I think Howard's skill set is very diversified and he has good size for either guard spot. I love the trend toward bigger guards and although it looks like Howard may need to tighten his handle a little bit and just get used to playing as a PG he certainly seems to have the vision and skills needed. If anything that latest vid shows that he is an offensive playmaker and those are always great to have no matter what position they play you at.

Last edited:
Howard is going to be a very solid contributor in Orange. I see him as more of a facilitator (duh, iommi, he IS a point guard), than an alpha dog. He'll make sure to set up a teammate rather than worrying about "getting his." I love his slashing ability. His mid-range floater (and mid-range game in general) has a little bit of Pace and a little bit of Moten in there. As others have said, he's not an elite over the rim athlete but he's still working his way back from the knee surgery, as Donna's article highlights; maybe he'll become a bit more explosive this coming season.

Glue guy. Program guy. Can't wait for him to make everybody on the team better in 2015-2016 and beyond.

Howard is going to be a very solid contributor in Orange. I see him as more of a facilitator (duh, iommi, he IS a point guard), than an alpha dog. He'll make sure to set up a teammate rather than worrying about "getting his." I love his slashing ability. His mid-range floater (and mid-range game in general) has a little bit of Pace and a little bit of Moten in there. As others have said, he's not an elite over the rim athlete but he's still working his way back from the knee surgery, as Donna's article highlights; maybe he'll become a bit more explosive this coming season.

Glue guy. Program guy. Can't wait for him to make everybody on the team better in 2015-2016 and beyond.

Agree--but I love this kid's ability to score when he gets into the lane. He might not ever be an NBA player [who knows? too early to even speculate], but I have a feeling he's going to be a heckuva college player in our system. As the last two years have demonstrated, you can never have enough guys who excel putting the ball in the basket. This kid's ability to score around the tin and make shots from mid range will make him highly effective at the collegiate level].

Status
Not open for further replies.