Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Bohlin ‏@MBohlin2476m
'15 #Hoyas offer Frank Howard (@Jesussss_ ) will make his season debut tomorrow when Paul VI takes on Gonzaga.

Regardless of where he ends up, good for this kid getting back onto the court finally.
Good to see him back as well. Plus I think it's important for the staff to see how he bounces back from the injury.

Any updates on how he's playing after coming back?
He hasn't played yet. Either he jumped the gun and wasn't medically cleared yet or he suffered a setback. Their last two games have been blowouts. So I would think if everything was all good that he would've seen a few minutes.

PVI has been playing very well, adjusting without him. Though they'll find a way to use his talent! Hope to get over for a game once he's in the lineup.

http://maryland. .com/Article/Maryland-Hoops-Recruit-Report--179054

"I also spoke with Franklin Howard, who reiterated that recruiting is on the backburner as he focuses on his rehab. He said, to no surprise, that Maryland has been on him hard this past month."

Looks like this article was about a month ago.
From what I was told if his knee checks out and we want him then he's ours. He loves SU and is very close to Red. He wants to run point on the next level and that is what Red is recruiting him to be. Maryland has three guards comings in next year, so unless Frankie wants to sit on the bench then I don't see how Maryland is a good fit for him.

@Therecruitscoop
2015 SG Franklin Howard of Paul VI (VA) informs me he will commit on March 14th.

2015 SG Franklin Howard of Paul VI (VA) informs me he will commit on April 14th between Cuse, NC State, UVA, Ohio St, Maryland & Georgetown.

Last edited:
@Therecruitscoop
2015 SG Franklin Howard of Paul VI (VA) informs me he will commit on March 14th.

2015 SG Franklin Howard of Paul VI (VA) informs me he will commit on April 14th between Cuse, NC State, UVA, Ohio St, Maryland & Georgetown.
I thought we like him as a PG? Already have Malachi at SG.

I thought we like him as a PG? Already have Malachi at SG.
He's going to be listed as a SG by some just as Malachi is listed as a SF most places. He's being recruited by SU as a PG. He's been leaning our way for the longest but I was told not to sleep on Maryland and G-Town.

Franklin Howard, a 6-foot-5 wing, will announce his college decision on his birthday, which is April 17th.

Franklin Howard set his college decision date on Monday.
A four-star prospect out of Fairfax (Va.) Paul VI, Howard will announce his college choice on April 14th. Howard is down to Maryland, Ohio State, North Carolina State, Virginia, Georgetown and Syracuse.
Howard missed his entire junior season after having surgery to repair a ruptured ACL in his left knee.
Howard is regarded as a four-star prospect and ranks No. 17 at the shooting guard position. He is ranked No. 58 overall in the 2015 class.

Francis what is deal with Howard? Heard he loves the cuse but is starting to lean away towards Maryland and GTown, and UVA is starting to get in the action.. IMO I think it's between cuse and GTown.. Malachi has committed so that might hurt but id take malachi over franklin... Love franklins game tho. Developing jump shot and can really finish and dish around the hoop.. Would love to see him in Orange

Francis what is deal with Howard? Heard he loves the cuse but is starting to lean away towards Maryland and GTown, and UVA is starting to get in the action.. IMO I think it's between cuse and GTown.. Malachi has committed so that might hurt but id take malachi over franklin... Love franklins game tho. Developing jump shot and can really finish and dish around the hoop.. Would love to see him in Orange
We're in good shape in this one. He's being recruited as a PG, so Malachi's commitment won't be a factor either way.

But how does this potential commitment impact a Kid Mamba commitment?
Just have to let everything play itself out. Nobody expected Dion, MCW, and Ennis to never enter at least their Junior year when they had committed. If Kid Mamba is confident in his own abilities, then I doubt he'll be worried about a commitment from a player coming off an ACL injury.

Just have to let everything play itself out. Nobody expected Dion, MCW, and Ennis to never enter at least their Junior year when they had committed. If Kid Mamba is confident in his own abilities, then I doubt he'll be worried about a commitment from a player coming off an ACL injury.

I would also like to point out we dont exactly have the luxury of waiting for Mamba to get here (if he were to even choose us). We can not go 3 straight years with only 1 true ballhandler on the roster. going 2 years is going to be bad enough.

Also the thought needs to be in the back of Boeheims (and ours to a lesser extent) mind, what if Joseph goes bonkers and is a 1 and done in a weaker draft. Nobody thought Ennis would be a 1 and done, and yet here we are with Ennis having left us in the dust. I think it's less likely Joseph is able to be a 1 and done than Ennis could have been, but the fact remains there is a chance he comes in damn good and leaves us as well. If we don't get franklin (or another point in 2015) we would be without one in the 2015 season if Joseph bolts.

To sum up, I think we pretty much have to take a PG in 2015 (Franklin is clearly the guy we want) and then hope it doesn't affect our chances at landing Kid Mamba. Ultimately I don't think it would hurt our chances anyways, if Battle sees himself as the best in the country (which he might be by the time he is a senior) no reason to think he would be afraid of a guy we expect to be a program player in Howard.

How has he looked this season coming off the injury? Mind you, we had 2 recruits who we stuck with after ACL injuries, both of whom has excellent careers on the hill (CJ and Triche)

When does Howard's announcement take place? Is it sometime this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.