Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has he looked this season coming off the injury? Mind you, we had 2 recruits who we stuck with after ACL injuries, both of whom has excellent careers on the hill (CJ and Triche)

Forgot all about BT's ACL injury. Modern medicine man, can actually make you stronger post injury! I also like that these kids have dealt with setbacks and the loss of the game. Teaches them to take advantage and be appreciative, I would hope!

The hi-lights are fun to watch but curious that they all seem to be below the rim especially at 6'4+

Vzorange said:
The hi-lights are fun to watch but curious that they all seem to be below the rim especially at 6'4+

I don't think you can watch those highlights and come to conclusion that he doesn't have athleticism.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz here about Howard considering his decision is next week.

What do the inside handicappers say about our chances ???

I don't think you can watch those highlights and come to conclusion that he doesn't have athleticism.
He looks more smooth than athletic to me, at least in the sense that he didn't seem to show much explosion. However, he has some nice attributes - like Tyler he looks like he can get himself into favorable positions on the court, he seems to have fairly good vision, especially for a kid who is somewhat of a combo guard, and he seems to be able to hit a mid-range shot on the move. Definitely did not see enough to have an opinion of his three point shooting.

All in all, I think he is a very nice fit for our program and I would definitely envision him as a multi-year guy & not a one & done under any circumstances.

He looks more smooth than athletic to me, at least in the sense that he didn't seem to show much explosion. However, he has some nice attributes - like Tyler he looks like he can get himself into favorable positions on the court, he seems to have fairly good vision, especially for a kid who is somewhat of a combo guard, and he seems to be able to hit a mid-range shot on the move. Definitely did not see enough to have an opinion of his three point shooting.

All in all, I think he is a very nice fit for our program and I would definitely envision him as a multi-year guy & not a one & done under any circumstances.

FWIW, I'm told that the coaching staff feels that Howard has similar potential to MCW.

FWIW, I'm told that the coaching staff feels that Howard has similar potential to MCW.
I definitely do not see that - he lacks MCW's explosion and elite passing skills. That's not to say that he wouldn't be a really nice player in two or three years. Battle is much more likely to be the next MCW. In terms of Howard's game - he actually reminds me more of a tall Ennis than he does of MCW, just looking at our last two PGs.

A
I definitely do not see that - he lacks MCW's explosion and elite passing skills. That's not to say that he wouldn't be a really nice player in two or three years. Battle is much more likely to be the next MCW. In terms of Howard's game - he actually reminds me more of a tall Ennis than he does of MCW, just looking at our last two PGs.
Are you referring to the 21 year old MCW we saw as a college sophomore? The highlights you see from Howard are as a 15 year old high school sophomore.

No offense intended, but I'll trust the evaluation of the staff over your "30 Second Bob Licthenfeld" impression any day! ; )

Ran in to Coach Autry around 11am today getting through security at Hancock. I recognized him in his Syracuse shirt so I said hello and asked where he was off to. He was jumping a flight to DC for a recruiting trip.

There should be more excitement about the likelihood of Howard committing. The possibilities are endless
220px-Howard_the_Duck_(1986).jpg

My only concern with Howard is if he effects our chances with Tyus Battle who will be a legit top 10 national one and done prospect with every blue blood already after him and just this past week Kevin Ollie said he is UConn's #1 target for 2016

2-3zone said:
My only concern with Howard is if he effects our chances with Tyus Battle who will be a legit top 10 national one and done prospect with every blue blood already after him and just this past week Kevin Ollie said he is UConn's #1 target for 2016

UConn is bringing in a junior college AA guard next year who will be done when Battle is ready. Timing might be right.

Howard won't impact Battle. At all.

Nor should it impact a player as highly rated as Battle. Why would a recruit of that caliber be scared of competing for playing time?

Status
Not open for further replies.