Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard won't impact Battle. At all.

Nor should it impact a player as highly rated as Battle. Why would a recruit of that caliber be scared of competing for playing time?
Well maybe because we had two lottery picks riding pine behind Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche? I'd say it's a pretty fair worry.

Well maybe because we had two lottery picks riding pine behind Scoop Jardine and Brandon Triche? I'd say it's a pretty fair worry.

You worry too much if that's your concern.

And Boeheim can always point to us going 30-1 that regular season as reason for why the rotation went the way it did.

Again, if Battle is all he's cracked up to be, he won't be worried about anyone on the depth chart ahead of him.

Last edited:
statsgrad said:
Didn't we just start a freshman pg and put him in the nba?

Didn't we just start a freshman pg and put him in the nba?
We had nobody else. If Triche was a senior this past year do you really think Ennis would have started over him? Do you really think Ennis would have come here? "Oh of course he would, he wouldn't be 'afraid' of competition." That's complete BS -- if it were my kid I want them promised a starting job on day 1. This is about getting to the NBA, not about making fans happy.

We had nobody else. If Triche was a senior this past year do you really think Ennis would have started over him? Do you really think Ennis would have come here? "Oh of course he would, he wouldn't be 'afraid' of competition." That's complete BS -- if it were my kid I want them promised a starting job on day 1. This is about getting to the NBA, not about making fans happy.

Seeing as how Triche started the two previous years at shooting guard, I don't think that him being here this past year would have impacted Ennis's decision in the least. If anything, Ennis would have started from day 1; it would have been Cooney who would have continued to come off the bench.

statsgrad said:
Huh? Ennis committed with McW here. If battle wants to play in the league he should sign up.

Ennis waited until it was clear MCW was going pro to commit.
Ennis committed prior to MCW's sophomore season. Nobody knew that MCW would have the year that he did.

My only concern with Howard is if he effects our chances with Tyus Battle who will be a legit top 10 national one and done prospect with every blue blood already after him and just this past week Kevin Ollie said he is UConn's #1 target for 2016

If Kevin Ollie said that, it is a recruiting violation.

thats a big problem with JIMBO. Look what he did to Roberson this year . The kid was so rattled when he came, his first thought was to launch a shot to impress the man with the glasses and of course he didn't make that shot so the cycle of tension for the kid kept going around. Now that Jeremi is gone he and the other two kids might get squeezed in to the games. Jimmy's ego prevents him from changing anything because he must always be right

thats a big problem with JIMBO. Look what he did to Roberson this year . The kid was so rattled when he came, his first thought was to launch a shot to impress the man with the glasses and of course he didn't make that shot so the cycle of tension for the kid kept going around. Now that Jeremi is gone he and the other two kids might get squeezed in to the games. Jimmy's ego prevents him from changing anything because he must always be right

I never thought about it that way, but you are right about JIMBO. First, he squeezes players out of games. Then he squeezes them into games.

The players never know what to expect.

Stop the insanity!!!

There's a couple of baseball topics coming up after the break...

Might have to wait awhile.

At least it's only a 30 minute show...we don't have to wait until 11.

Oops... looks like they might be discussing it momentarily. Will post an update as soon as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.