Franklin Howard | Syracusefan.com

Franklin Howard

Dave85

Living Legend
I've been watching some Franklin Howard highlight videos. He's tall but really fast. He's had a good handle on the ball. And he has good stroke on his shot. I don't think he's a one-and-done but he may be a 2 or 3 and done. He reminds me a lot of MCW. The way he drives and slashes to the basket reminds me a little of Russ Smith. But Howard seems to me to much faster and a better shooter than Smith. He may see limited time behind Cooney's senior year. But by the kid's sophomore or Junior year he could be a really great player.

The way he drives and slashes to the basket reminds me a little of Russ Smith. But Howard seems to me to much faster and a better shooter than Smith.

Faster that Russ Smith? Seriously?

This video is after the ACL injury. He doesn't look quite as fast as before. And his shot was off in this video:

I like the post game interview. The kid's a good speaker on camera.

First thing I noticed about Howard's game is his ability to finish around the hoop in a variety of ways.. Seems like he has a real good floater and is real crafty around the hoop. He kinda reminds me of a less strong waiters

Seems like a "get out and run" guy. But is also looks like he could dominate a game with drives to the basket like MCW vs. Indiana.

That's what I thought. He reminded me of MCW driving to the basket.

First thing I noticed about Howard's game is his ability to finish around the hoop in a variety of ways.. Seems like he has a real good floater and is real crafty around the hoop. He kinda reminds me of a less strong waiters

His slash moves reminded me a little of the way Russ Smith played. It was interesting comparing Howard's highlights to Russ Smith's High School highlights.

I think the ACL injury slowed him down a bit. But I think he will be fully recovered and even stronger when he starts playing for the Orange in November 2015. Overall I think Howard is going to be a great player for the Orange.

He's #70 on ESPN right now, no way this dude doesn't slide into at least the top 50 by the time he steps on campus.

He's #70 on ESPN right now, no way this dude doesn't slide into at least the top 50 by the time he steps on campus.
False. Like most Syracuse recruits, he'll likely see a 10 - 15 spot drop, concomitant with standout performances at the camps.

False. Like most Syracuse recruits, he'll likely see a 10 - 15 spot drop, concomitant with standout performances at the camps.
I really want to create a graph or chart of this. Internet archive has the rankings every time they change them. Just in the past three years, I think we will notice a trend. :)

I really want to create a graph or chart of this. Internet archive has the rankings every time they change them. Just in the past three years, I think we will notice a trend. :)
Might be interesting to see if it's just Syracuse recruits this happens to or does it happen to other non-"Blue Blood" school recruits as well.

Per Jerry's crystal ball:

hurr-durr-hurrdurr-graph.png

I noticed that too. I think Franklin Howard is underrated because of his ACL injury. By the end of his senior year of HS he could be as high as 15-20 if the ranking were a little more objective and not so slanted towards schools having blue colors.

I this comment on Yahoo sports: "Howard is a tall and lengthy shooting guard with good range and a feel for scoring the ball from deep and the mid range. A good ball handler and decision maker, he did miss his junior season due to a knee injury. Because of his ability to handle and pass, Howard is hoping to transition to playing as more of a point guard."

If he's that good at ball handling and passing he might be the second coming of MCW since he's 6'6". He seems to me to be just a little too big to play guard. I think Silent G had tough time last season getting his pocket picked by smaller faster guards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Franklin-Howard-134112

Thanks man, you saved me the trouble! And from the look of it, this is accurate.

Sometimes when I look at clouds I see animals and other shapes. I'm not that good at it because I am not a statistician by trade.

"Top Combo Guard: Franklin Howard (Paul VI High School/Fairfax, Va.)

The Syracuse commitment is continuing to work himself back into form since returning to the floor full time from an ACL injury that forced him to miss his entire junior season. Howard looked to be feeling comfortable playing in multiple games in a single day. He finished in the top 10 of minutes played per game.

Offensively, Howard was very effective running the show for his team. He averaged 12.8 points and 3.4 assists per game. Howard could also boast the second-highest single-game assist total with seven in one game. "

http://247sports.com/Article/Superlatives-from-Ty-Lawson-Victor-Oladipo-camp-29601873

It doesn't have to make sense, but he reminds me alot of the big 10's types of guards, tall, confident hard work, down to earth, little showing off.

He sounds exactly like CJ Fair when he speaks. He seems well grounded and very positive in his outlook and was very honest about his assessment of his play that day. I'm looking forward to his arrival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom