Free throws | Syracusefan.com

Free throws

Besides Rak, how many times in the past month has an SU player gone to the line and hit both?

Besides Rak, how many times in the past month has an SU player gone to the line and hit both?

I think Joseph did the other night against BC, but that was in the first half. Down the stretch, as the rest of the team, nobody made two in a row...pathetic! Almost cost us the VT game, BC game got way too close for comfort down the stretch, and, this afternoon, it flat out cost us the W. :(:bang:

This has been an issue with JB teams from day one. He doesn't teach the kids FT shooting. Here's our national FT ranking for the last ten years, for those who do not believe me.

2015 - #265
2014 - #166
2013 - #231
2012 - #172
2011 - #278
2010 - #234
2009 - #306
2008 - #247
2007 - #166
2006 - #297

Disgraceful performance.

orange2win said:
This has been an issue with JB teams from day one. He doesn't teach the kids FT shooting. Here's our national FT ranking for the last ten years, for those who do not believe me. 2015 - #265 2014 - #166 2013 - #231 2012 - #172 2011 - #278 2010 - #234 2009 - #306 2008 - #247 2007 - #166 2006 - #297 Disgraceful performance.

It is very bad. I don't have an answer. But having gone to practices off and on going back many years (not since Melo center) I know they do work on FTs. Like other teams they have ft shooting practice and will even stop practice to shoot some so that the kids are tired. I also know JB has even brought in one of those free throw shooting gurus. But that was several years ago. Still, we've always seemed like a bad ft shooting team. Don't know the answer. Maybe mental. Hell, in warm ups tonight I watched McCullough drain FT after FT effortlessly wearing sweats.

It is very bad. I don't have an answer. But having gone to practices off and on going back many years (not since Melo center) I know they do work on FTs. Like other teams they have ft shooting practice and will even stop practice to shoot some so that the kids are tired. I also know JB has even brought in one of those free throw shooting gurus. But that was several years ago. Still, we've always seemed like a bad ft shooting team. Don't know the answer. Maybe mental. Hell, in warm ups tonight I watched McCullough drain FT after FT effortlessly wearing sweats.

McC seemed like he was going to be an okay foul shooter from the exhibition games...then the season started.

G missing is probably the one thing that's killing us. Cooney has been off a lot of late, which is disappointing, but overall shoots a decent percentage. Rak seems to miss early in games and get better as the game progresses (my impression at least not looking at numbers), and overall shoots a decent percentage. Although tonight's performance by Rak left a lot on the table...but G. Ugh.

McC seemed like he was going to be an okay foul shooter from the exhibition games...then the season started.

G missing is probably the one thing that's killing us. Cooney has been off a lot of late, which is disappointing, but overall shoots a decent percentage. Rak seems to miss early in games and get better as the game progresses (my impression at least not looking at numbers), and overall shoots a decent percentage. Although tonight's performance by Rak left a lot on the table...but G. Ugh.

Commentator noticed his form and arc is different on almost every shot...can't have inconsistency with free throw shooting. It's clearly in his head now.

Why was KJ, their best free throw shooter (11-13) the last few games, sitting the last minutes of this game? I like Buss, but he is a terrible ft shooter.

The free throws and also some of the bad turnovers cost us this game. A couple of times our shaky ballhandlers turned it over (Silent G vs Rodriguez, lol) and Cooney had some in your face pressure and the top of the 3-point line and turned it over. Rak's passes out of bounds. Those and the free throws. Never felt we had this game under control though, frankly. Miami had some awful possessions to keep us in it then Cooney makes that crazy difficult and heroic three at the end. Valiant effort I suppose. Over/under was exactly at 128.

FTs out of game and in game are literally completely different shots. Got to just have guys who will have confidence to knock them down one at a time

Absolute joke. Did we make 2 in a row the entire game?

Surprisingly, we did... 10:14 remaining Rak hit both FT's.

However, they were bookmarked by Gbinije missed FT's - the 1st on the and 1 and OMG the 2nd on the missed front end OMG.

This has been an issue with JB teams from day one. He doesn't teach the kids FT shooting. Here's our national FT ranking for the last ten years, for those who do not believe me.

2015 - #265
2014 - #166
2013 - #231
2012 - #172
2011 - #278
2010 - #234
2009 - #306
2008 - #247
2007 - #166
2006 - #297

Disgraceful performance.

This is a good point that was never followed up with facts until now.
never in the top 150 (out of 300 division 1 schools) and 7 out of the last 10 years 200 or worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom