"Full House" Startup is so Cringe Worthy Bad/Corny | Syracusefan.com

"Full House" Startup is so Cringe Worthy Bad/Corny

much like the original

Different Time.

U remember ABC TGIF ? In elementary school I would come home from school on Friday my dad would come home from work would make Home made Pizza my parents and my brother would watch TGIF.

FULL HOUSE, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step By Step, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Sabrina The Teenage Which. And so many others

What happened to times like that.

Different Time.

U remember ABC TGIF ? In elementary school I would come home from school on Friday my dad would come home from work would make Home made Pizza my parents and my brother would watch TGIF.

FULL HOUSE, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step By Step, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Sabrina The Teenage Which. And so many others

Man, did those shows suck.

Different Time.

They probably still do that, just leave your parents basement on Friday evenings and see.

i remember the ABC after school specials in the 70's. network's weekly parable on the dangers of trying anything fun.

abc_after_school.jpg

I was not old enough to know better, but even at that time I knew the show was terrible in every way.

I was old enough to not watch any of that crap. I was playing in local bands thinking "why would someone watch that?"

I've since watched some with my kids, and they're terrible. I think less of my wife for watching it as a kid.

I do however have a thing for modern day Candace Cameron what's-her-face, so I might try Fuller House with the volume off. ;)

I am sure with everything in the world going on now.

I am sure U all I know I would love to be 1995 for ever. TV, Life everything.

Man, did those shows suck.

How did they suck ? I forgot to mention Home Improvement how could i forget it.

Maybe u where just at the age between not a child tween or adult with children ? If so I can see why u might think the shows sucked (BTW, They didn't)

I was old enough to not watch any of that crap. I was playing in local bands thinking "why would someone watch that?"

I've since watched some with my kids, and they're terrible. I think less of my wife for watching it as a kid.

I do however have a thing for modern day Candace Cameron what's-her-face, so I might try Fuller House with the volume off. ;)
Time to over share - so Saved By The Bell was really popular around that same time, and a lot of developing young men had a thing for the Kelly Kapowski character. Truthfully, never did anything for me.

Flashback to a few weeks ago - my wife is watching some cooking show on TV. It's the Kelly Kapowski actress, as a mature woman, and she's talking about her love of cooking, in an apron, and like, basting some asparagus or something. It was one of the most subtly seductive things I've ever seen. My wife goes to change the channel, and I'm like "Whoa, hang on, we need to see how this acini di Pepe arugala salad comes out." And she kind of gives me a look and says "Are you turned on by this?" And I said "Abso-friggin'-lutely!"

She wasn't really sure what to do next, because she wasn't really in to how into the show I was, but she was also pretty curious about that salad.

Anyway, yeah.

OttoinGrotto said:
Time to over share - so Saved By The Bell was really popular around that same time, and a lot of developing young men had a thing for the Kelly Kapowski character. Truthfully, never did anything for me.

Flashback to a few weeks ago - my wife is watching some cooking show on TV. It's the Kelly Kapowski actress, as a mature woman, and she's talking about her love of cooking, in an apron, and like, basting some asparagus or something. It was one of the most subtly seductive things I've ever seen. My wife goes to change the channel, and I'm like "Whoa, hang on, we need to see how this acini di Pepe arugala salad comes out." And she kind of gives me a look and says "Are you turned on by this?" And I said "Abso-friggin'-lutely!"

She wasn't really sure what to do next, because she wasn't really in to how into the show I was, but she was also pretty curious about that salad.

Anyway, yeah.

This is the lamest Aristocrats joke ever.

I am sure with everything in the world going on now.

I am sure U all I know I would love to be 1995 for ever. TV, Life everything.

So you secretly DO want a Clinton in the White House. ;)

Anyway, yeah.

I'm sorry, I couldn't read past Kelly Kapowski not doing anything for you.

More OT- Growing up I was obsessed with watching Saved by the Bell, even the stupid summer job ones and the college years. Bob Golic was the worst.

I can remember the exact moment I had transitioned from innocent kid to awkward teenager. Showgirls on HBO with Jessie Spano. Holy smokes.

Different Time.

Childhood obesity and a distorted sense of reality happened. I can just imagine you and millions of other children parked in front of the TV, brain cells lysing, filling yourselves with Mountain Dew.

How anyone could sit through programming with an actual laugh track post-1970 is beyond me.

Different Time.

That was the best tgif ever, they don't make shows like the used to. I tried watching Girl Meets world, only because I was a big fan of Boy meets World, and it was unwatchable.

My wife and kids LOVE the remake episodes! Gotta disagree with the Hulk here

saw this thread bump. If you didn’t know, supermarket sweep is now on Netflix!

Saw that, I think as someone else noted the series has been re-booted with Leslie Jones hosting? Not a huge Jones fan but will give it a look. That was one of those shows you always wanted to give it a shot on at the end to try out your own strategy and get the most $$. Watched a couple of the old episodes on Netflix a few weeks ago and definitely felt like it was 1996. Some of the prices to were so funny to hear in today's economy with inflation and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom