Full NCAA '14 Team Ratings -- grrrr I'm Angry! | Syracusefan.com

Full NCAA '14 Team Ratings -- grrrr I'm Angry!

dinosaurbbq

2nd String
As stated in the other thread, SU's ratings are 81 overall, 83 Offense, 80 Defense.

Yay --

We are comparable to: Washington State (identical in fact), Toledo, Temple, SMU, Kansas, Iowa State, Indiana, Fresno State, UConn and Cincinnati.

We are just better than 79 Overall rated: Buffalo, Duke, Ohio, and Tulsa!

Bullspit!!!!!!

From left to right: Overall, Offense and Defense.
Air Force 70, 68, 71
Akron 63, 61, 65
Alabama 99, 99, 99
Arizona 86, 86, 88
Arizona State 84, 86, 83
Arkansas 88, 88, 87
Arkansas State 77, 79, 76
Army 72, 72, 73
Auburn 88, 88, 90
BYU 83, 84, 83
Ball State 79, 86, 73
Baylor 90, 90, 88
Boise State 86, 90, 82
Boston College 86, 86, 85
Bowling Green 74, 75, 75
Buffalo 79, 81, 78
Cal 84, 86, 83
Central Michigan 72, 72, 71
Cincinnati 81, 81, 83
Clemson 93, 95, 90
Colorado 79, 81, 78
Colorado State 72, 74, 73
UConn 81, 84, 80
Duke 79, 79, 78
ECU 84, 86, 83
Eastern Michigan 65, 68, 65
FIU 79, 77, 80
Florida 90, 90, 92
FAU 75, 77, 76
Florida State 91, 93, 92
Fresno State 81, 84, 78
Georgia State 60, 60, 60
Georgia 91, 95, 88
Georgia Tech 86, 83, 88
Hawaii 77, 77, 76
Houston 84, 86, 83
Idaho 63, 67, 61
Illinois 83, 86, 80
Indiana 81, 83, 82
Iowa 88, 88, 90
Iowa State 81, 81, 83
Kansas 81, 84, 78
Kansas State 86, 91, 83
Kent State 74, 75, 75
Kentucky 84, 84, 83
LSU 93, 93, 92
La Tech 74, 75, 73
Louisville 90, 93, 88
Marshall 74, 77, 73
Maryland 86, 86, 85
Memphis 70, 72, 70
Miami (FL) 90, 91, 88
Miami (OH) 72, 74, 71
Michigan 91, 91, 92
Michigan State 91, 90, 93
MTSU 74, 75, 75
Minnesota 79, 79, 80
Mississippi State 88, 90, 85
Missouri 88, 90, 87
North Carolina State 84, 84, 85
Navy 74, 74, 75
Nebraska 88, 91, 85
Nevada 75, 77, 73
New Mexico 65, 67, 66
New Mexico State 65, 68, 65
North Carolina 91, 91, 90
North Texas 72, 72, 75
NIU 79, 83, 78
Northwestern 86, 86, 87
Notre Dame 93, 93, 93
Ohio 79, 83, 76
Ohio State 95, 97, 92
Oklahoma 91, 97, 88
Oklahoma State 91, 93, 92
Old Dominion 70, 74, 68
Ole Miss 90, 91, 88
Oregon 95, 99, 92
Oregon State 84, 86, 83
Penn State 84, 86, 85
Pitt 77, 77, 80
Purdue 84, 84, 85
Rice 75, 75, 76
Rutgers 84, 86, 82
SMU 81, 83, 78
San Diego State 84, 84, 83
San Jose 77, 81, 76
South Carolina 90, 88, 90
South Alabama 68, 67, 70
Southern Miss 74, 72, 75
Stanford 91, 91, 93
Syracuse 81, 83, 80
TCU 84, 86, 85
Temple 81, 81, 82
Tennessee 86, 84, 88
Texas 93, 95, 93
Texas A&M 91, 95, 88
Texas State 68, 67, 70
Texas Tech 86, 90, 83
Toledo 81, 84, 78
Troy 75, 75, 75
Tulane 75, 77, 68
Tulsa 79, 84, 75
UAB 68, 68, 68
UCF 83, 86, 82
UCLA 88, 88, 87
UL Lafayette 77, 81, 75
UL Monroe 75, 79, 75
UMass 61, 61, 65
UNLV 72, 75, 70
USC 91, 95, 90
USF 84, 81, 87
UTEP 75, 77, 73
UTSA 68, 68, 70
Utah 86, 84, 87
Utah State 75, 77, 75
Vanderbilt 83, 84, 82
Virginia 84, 86, 83
Virginia Tech 93, 91, 95
Wake Forest 83, 83, 85
Washington 91, 91, 90
Washington State 81, 83, 80
West Virginia 84, 83, 87
Western Kentucky 75, 72, 78
Western Michigan 72, 74, 71
Wisconsin 88, 88, 88
Wyoming 75, 77, 75

Link: http://kegsneggsblog.com/2013/06/11/team-ratings-revealed-for-ncaa-14/

To be honest, I'm not all that upset with the rating.. So many unknowns for Syracuse with our top players all being Seniors last year.

I would have thought our defense would have been rated a bit higher though.

Before anyone says it, I realize those are ratings for a videogame and not how the team is expected to actually play in actual games and is not a predictor of actual game outcomes. I am a clown of an adult who looks forward every year to the release of NCAA Football and still plays countless hours of videogames. Of course, I'll have the rating up dramatically after finishing the first season then again after the second and will win the National Championship and Heisman every year, but the initial rating is just as unrealistic to real NCAA football as is my winning National Championships and Heismans every year.

Before anyone says it, I realize those are ratings for a videogame and not how the team is expected to actually play in actual games and is not a predictor of actual game outcomes. I am a clown of an adult who looks forward every year to the release of NCAA Football and still plays countless hours of videogames. Of course, I'll have the rating up dramatically after finishing the first season then again after the second and will win the National Championship and Heisman every year, but the initial rating is just as unrealistic to real NCAA football as is my winning National Championships and Heismans every year.

Ditto for everything you posted here, although referring to myself as a clown may be a bit rough...

The thing that I don't understand is how Boston College, who I believe was 2-10 last season is rated in the mid-80's. Must be someone at EA is BC grad!

www.whatifsports.com Check out the football dynasty. The league I'm in has opening for coaches starting Sunday. I'm coaching Alfred University, and theres about 7 open coaching spots in the conference, but you could pick any D3 school. You can apply for different jobs at the end of next year (you actually have to have a good resume to move up, I'm gonna do around 10 or 15 seasons before I try to go D2) Check it out, lemme know if your interested, I'll give you some details. That goes for anyone else here too!

www.whatifsports.com Check out the football dynasty. The league I'm in has opening for coaches starting Sunday. I'm coaching Alfred University, and theres about 7 open coaching spots in the conference, but you could pick any D3 school. You can apply for different jobs at the end of next year (you actually have to have a good resume to move up, I'm gonna do around 10 or 15 seasons before I try to go D2) Check it out, lemme know if your interested, I'll give you some details. That goes for anyone else here too!
I may be interested. Just don't understand how it works.

I may be interested. Just don't understand how it works.
You pick a division 3 team, (hopefully we can get a few guys in the same conference). You take over the team right before recruiting starts for the season. There's a huge recruitng data base, and I believe we have about a week to recruit.

During the season, you set up practice plans which effect player development, and game plans for each game. A game is played each day, a half at a time. When I get to work around 8am (alaska time) the first half is already complete, I can make changes to my game plan based on the stats from 1st half, and around noon, the 2nd half is complete. Theres more to it, but I'm 5 minutes from getting off work, lol. I just took Alfred to a 9-5 (7-2) record and lost in the conference championships in my first season. I took over a pretty good team tho. Ithaca, Hartwick, Utica, and Springfield are all open in the West division. Utica would take a few seasons to rebuild tho. Or you could pick any of the many open D3 teams.

At the end of each season you have the chance to apply for a different job, maybe a better D3 school, or if your resume is good enough, a D2 school. You have to have a pretty damn good resume to make it to the D1 level, but from what I hear, D2 is the most fun.

I just figured (well, it was AFO's idea first)that it would be cool to get some board members involved, do a little trash talking. battle for recruits, all that jazz.

AFO and I just finished up a season in basketball too... I took Keuka to a 2-25 record, AFO did a little better with Ithaca. I have a few seasons of rebuilding to do.

Its fun. Figured with the amount of time we all spend on this site, we have a little bit of time to build some bad ass football/basketball teams

How are the coaches/program ratings for atmosphere etc for recruiting? In NCAA 13 they gave SU some poor ratings in certain categories that made it hard to recruit ( unless you played on easy). Looking forward to NCAA 14 and the ability to save draft classes for madden as well

Ive been playing WIS since 2008. I only have one GD team now and 7 HBD teams. I might look into taking on Utica there in Stagg with ya.

I actually have two National Championships at the 1AA level and just two seasons ago won my first World Series !!

It is an addicting game, but the GD football game has gone down some since the last update and has lost a lot of coaches. It used to be packed and people would be trying to land top teams in the middle of the night when the first cycle hit, lol. It was crazy back then.

Ive been playing WIS since 2008. I only have one GD team now and 7 HBD teams. I might look into taking on Utica there in Stagg with ya.

I actually have two National Championships at the 1AA level and just two seasons ago won my first World Series !!

It is an addicting game, but the GD football game has gone down some since the last update and has lost a lot of coaches. It used to be packed and people would be trying to land top teams in the middle of the night when the first cycle hit, lol. It was crazy back then.

My man, I'm gonna have to hit you up for tips from time to time

You pick a division 3 team, (hopefully we can get a few guys in the same conference). You take over the team right before recruiting starts for the season. There's a huge recruitng data base, and I believe we have about a week to recruit.

During the season, you set up practice plans which effect player development, and game plans for each game. A game is played each day, a half at a time. When I get to work around 8am (alaska time) the first half is already complete, I can make changes to my game plan based on the stats from 1st half, and around noon, the 2nd half is complete. Theres more to it, but I'm 5 minutes from getting off work, lol. I just took Alfred to a 9-5 (7-2) record and lost in the conference championships in my first season. I took over a pretty good team tho. Ithaca, Hartwick, Utica, and Springfield are all open in the West division. Utica would take a few seasons to rebuild tho. Or you could pick any of the many open D3 teams.

At the end of each season you have the chance to apply for a different job, maybe a better D3 school, or if your resume is good enough, a D2 school. You have to have a pretty damn good resume to make it to the D1 level, but from what I hear, D2 is the most fun.

I just figured (well, it was AFO's idea first)that it would be cool to get some board members involved, do a little trash talking. battle for recruits, all that jazz.

AFO and I just finished up a season in basketball too... I took Keuka to a 2-25 record, AFO did a little better with Ithaca. I have a few seasons of rebuilding to do.

Its fun. Figured with the amount of time we all spend on this site, we have a little bit of time to build some bad ass football/basketball teams

It sounds like FM (Football Manager, soccer though). I think I'd be interested in possibly joining the ranks. What happens if you have to miss a day or so?

It sounds like FM (Football Manager, soccer though). I think I'd be interested in possibly joining the ranks. What happens if you have to miss a day or so?

No problems on missing days, but during recruiting you might want to try and stay active until signings start. If you miss cycles during recruiting, there are still always good players to be found before recruiting ends.

I have set up game plans and used them for entire seasons without changing or checking in for days. No worries.

That sounds pretty interesting. I think I'm going to have to check it out.

I'm 36 this month and take the Wed after NCAA Football gets released off every year, so I hear you on the clown of an adult thing. I play the game year round and it is 1 of only 3 games I play on playstation. I get excited for every July. I sometimes take some liberty and upgrade players to what I think their ability is...not grossly homerish ratings, but what I would consider accurate.

I'm 36 this month and take the Wed after NCAA Football gets released off every year, so I hear you on the clown of an adult thing. I play the game year round and it is 1 of only 3 games I play on playstation. I get excited for every July. I sometimes take some liberty and upgrade players to what I think their ability is...not grossly homerish ratings, but what I would consider accurate.
this seems like a good reason to test that ignore feature...

wowzers.

So I was reading your guys comments and got really interested in this website. Seems like the perfect thing for me, I just had a quick question. 10 dollars to sign up isn't bad, but I was wondering if there was anything else within the game you have to actually pay for? Like if you want to update game plans, or build new buildings, do you have to use actual money to pay for these things? Maybe stupid questions, but Im a poor college kid and I know I could easily become addicted to this and I dont want to be dropping a lot of money for little upgrades within the game. Thanks for the help.

So I was reading your guys comments and got really interested in this website. Seems like the perfect thing for me, I just had a quick question. 10 dollars to sign up isn't bad, but I was wondering if there was anything else within the game you have to actually pay for? Like if you want to update game plans, or build new buildings, do you have to use actual money to pay for these things? Maybe stupid questions, but Im a poor college kid and I know I could easily become addicted to this and I dont want to be dropping a lot of money for little upgrades within the game. Thanks for the help.
Nope, the fee per season is the only thing you play. At the end of each season, depending on how well you did, you will get credits towards next season. My 2-24 Keuka basketball team got me $2.50 towards the next season lol.

you get a certain amount of "cash" to use for recruiting, but there's nothing in the game that you would have to spend actual money on, to gain an advantage

If you are talking about WhatIfSports...nope, not like those annoying "free" games on facebook, droid/apple phones, etc. where you get the game free, but if you want to do anything or want something cool you have to pay...You pay for each season and get to play that season, no additional money required until you play the next season...there are a few minor advanatges to paying for more than one season up front...forgot the specifics on those, but extremely minor and no way takes away from the game if you dont...in baskeball I bought 5 or 6 seasons up front and didn;t even use the extremely minor extras for buying more upfront..,

If you are talking about WhatIfSports...nope, not like those annoying "free" games on facebook, droid/apple phones, etc. where you get the game free, but if you want to do anything or want something cool you have to pay...You pay for each season and get to play that season, no additional money required until you play the next season...there are a few minor advanatges to paying for more than one season up front...forgot the specifics on those, but extremely minor and no way takes away from the game if you dont...in baskeball I bought 5 or 6 seasons up front and didn;t even use the extremely minor extras for buying more upfront..,

In basketball, you have to have more then one season paid for, to use the extra recruiting service, but thats the only thing I noticed

In basketball, you have to have more then one season paid for, to use the extra recruiting service, but thats the only thing I noticed

I just signed up, I want in a league I can at least throw some friendly jabs in. Your league is accepting coaches Sunday?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom