Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read. | Syracusefan.com

Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read.

cto

Administrator
Pearl has taken a turn for the worse in his battle against brain cancer.

His doctors have more or less given him a few weeks.

Brandon Steiner is trying to rally Cuse nation to help raise some funds for Pearl’s living expenses, medical needs, etc.

They have a fundraising goal of $62,000 and have set up a Go Fund Me account for Pearl. Here are the details.

Last edited:
I am deeply saddened by this news. Have thought about him frequently since we learned about the return of his tumor.

Thank you for posting this, I am confident the board can help reach that goal .

The Carrier Dome...The house that Pearl built.

A few weeks ago I told the story of how I got my autographed Pearl jersey at Shoppingtown way back when...

I have some pretty neat stuff - signed LT jersey, signed Simms jersey, signed Carmelo 'Cuse jersey, Giants Lithograph from their first Super Bowl signed by 40+ players... ...but that Pearl jersey remains far and away my absolute favorite piece of memoriabilia that I own...

Bouie is my favorite
Carmelo is the best
But Pearl was the most electric player to ever don the Orange Uni...

Dammit.

When we heard the news late last year about his relapse, I guess this was inevitable, but it still sucks.

One of my favorite pictures of all time. The greatest basketball player of all time being guarded by the most legendary SU basketball player of all time. God Bless You Pearl.

article-2279622-179EA02F000005DC-575_964x612.jpg

God bless Pearl Washington. I have loved a lot of Syracuse players in a number of sports, but he is and will always be my favorite SU athlete ever.

Gave what I could. Hope everyone digs deep for him like he did for us when he was wearing Orange.
200.gif

I wonder if SU can collect donations at the game on Thursday against ND. If people knew what it was for, they will collect a lot of money. It would be a quick $15-20,000.
Good idea. Probably an NCAA violation.