Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fund raiser for Pearl Washington. Please read.

Good idea. Probably an NCAA violation.
Isn't it a violation for the school to help with a player's parents funeral. #NCAAnoheart.

Not sure if this has been reported on here yet:

Brandon Steiner is hosting a live-streamed Q&A at Facebook.com/Steiner (Brandon’s page) with current Syracuse Basketball Assistant Coach Coach Mike Hopkins and former Syracuse star John Wallace on Monday January 25th at 1pm ET to interact with fans and raise awareness for the #PrayersForPearl fundraising campaign.

One of my favorite pictures of all time. The greatest basketball player of all time being guarded by the most legendary SU basketball player of all time. God Bless You Pearl.

article-2279622-179EA02F000005DC-575_964x612.jpg

What a great picture. That just earned my avatar.

Outstanding article.

Pearl has taken a turn for the worse in his battle against brain cancer.

His doctors have more or less given him a few weeks.

Brandon Steiner is trying to rally Cuse nation to help raise some funds for Pearl’s living expenses, medical needs, etc.

They have a fundraising goal of $62,000 and have set up a Go Fund Me account for Pearl. Here are the details.

Phil Mushnick does one of his patented hatchet jobs on Pearl's situation in todays NY Post. It's something he does periodically in his role as NCAA muckraker.

I am 44 years old and I fell in love with SU basketball and basketball in general because of Pearl. Bobito's article on the Pearl brought a tear to my eyes at work. I am not prepared for this, and I imagine many feel the same way.

Thanks for spreading the word, Joyce. All too often, I glaze over the items tacked at the top of the front page. Glad I noticed.

Phil Mushnick does one of his patented hatchet jobs on Pearl's situation in todays NY Post. It's something he does periodically in his role as NCAA muckraker.

Wow. Talk about not knowing what Pearl has done in conjunction with this city and SU over the years. What a crap article...

Great read. The picture in OX's post was taken at the Empire State Games, which was held at Syracuse University that year. Wendell Alexis is in the center, below Pearl.

The guy Pearl is having a laugh with, right next to him, is Walter Berry. Berry would block a shot from Pearl in a BET final a couple of years later to save a win for St John's in one of the best BET games ever played...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom