Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was this presentation in DC and who was the audience? And who gave the presentation. Thanks.

The school does all sorts of events in DC. Except for coach's night, because I guess that was too popular.

This whole scenario makes great financial sense for the university. I think people underestimate the coolness of having all the fans parking in one location for parking and overestimate the issues in getting people to the games.
ok man, here's hoping those of you guys who usually are right are right on this one. Gonna try and go with it...

The school does all sorts of events in DC. Except for coach's night, because I guess that was too popular.
Hey Bayside44 were you there? I meant to send out a post to see if I could meet any board Members.

from a pure business sense why pay to have parking for events that happen a few times a year. many campuses have no parking, the cornell master plan even removes all the roads if it ever gets done. is it that big a deal to have people walk 10 min to get to a game if thats what it comes down to? fball is 5-7 times a year, bball is a bigger deal with snow issues and cold weather, even so the bus thing would probably be even easier of there was less traffic to deal with down around the dome, they could take you right to the dome and skip the walk completely. build 2 more lots at sky top and bus everyone in.

Toga said:
Will Shirt World be OK?

image-411224272.jpg

Hey Bayside44 were you there? I meant to send out a post to see if I could meet any board Members.

Nah, played basketball tonight, when I saw the invite it looked like a retrospective, not what you saw.

jr4750 said:
Haha, I was told tonight that Kent said he's never had a worst first impression of a university than he had on Marshall street. I think change is coming there as well.

That area may be nostalgic to alums and fun for current students, but that area is a sheethole. It could use a make over too. Varsity area is already planned for a reno isn't it?

rrlbees said:
That area may be nostalgic to alums and fun for current students, but that area is a sheethole. It could use a make over too. Varsity area is already planned for a reno isn't it?

Varsity And Faegan's..

Yeah, I think that's attached to the bid for the 500 mil from the Gov. Read that somewhere. That whole street could use a little TLC

ok man, here's hoping those of you guys who usually are right are right on this one. Gonna try and go with it...
You're a bit of a short hitter aren't you? :D

from a pure business sense why pay to have parking for events that happen a few times a year. many campuses have no parking, the cornell master plan even removes all the roads if it ever gets done. is it that big a deal to have people walk 10 min to get to a game if thats what it comes down to? fball is 5-7 times a year, bball is a bigger deal with snow issues and cold weather, even so the bus thing would probably be even easier of there was less traffic to deal with down around the dome, they could take you right to the dome and skip the walk completely. build 2 more lots at sky top and bus everyone in.
really trying here to embrace this school of thought. I can see it now, can't wait to find myself fighting 25-40,000 others to try and get to the buses. Then when we all get there it's going to be great to stand in line for who knows how long (especially enjoyable in inclement weather) waiting for a spot on a bus all wonderfully squeezed into the arm pit of some large sweaty fan, wondering why all the xtra buses proposed to avoid this very predicament just didn't pan out like they said.

Or even better how all of this as described will add another hour to the game day experience and make tailgating more of a logistical headache. Just can't wait to experience this to wonderfully enhance the game day experience. Sorry at this point, though I'm trying to wrap my had around it and what you guys are saying, I'm having a hard time seeing how this won't suck.

Cuseregular said:
really trying here to embrace this school of thought. I can see it now, can't wait to find myself fighting 25-40,000 others to try and get to the buses. Then when we all get there it's going to be great to stand in line for who knows how long (especially enjoyable in inclement weather) waiting for a spot on a bus all wonderfully squeezed into the arm pit of some large sweaty fan, wondering why all the xtra buses proposed to avoid this very predicament just didn't pan out like they said. Or even better how all of this as described will add another hour to the game day experience and make tailgating more of a logistical headache. Just can't wait to experience this to wonderfully enhance the game day experience. Sorry at this point, though I'm trying to wrap my had around it and what you guys are saying, I'm having a hard time seeing how this won't suck.

It's a heart attack on a plate!!

Glass my man! We still can't beat Mich.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this report, jr.

From the renderings you saw (I realize this could be a long way from the reality of what will happen) is there extensive use of "glass"? Pretty interesting stuff. Can you give any additional specifics from the renderings?

The new dome and how cool it will be, may entice him/her back. But yes, parking is gonna be harder. Price we pay for a stadium right in the middle of campus

Wow, with all this in mind I hope they'll be no complaints re attendance. It's really hard to fathom.
So the south lots they're proposing is the plan and then shuttle virtually everybody over? :eek: While this may be great for the university in general, not so much for this program.

Cuseregular/jr4750 - So if everyone has to park n ride, and they expand south parking, as long as I can bring in my huge honkin RV cabin cruiser that takes up at least 4 parking spaces, six with tents, I guess I can live with that if I don't have to pay to park anymore. Just need to hook up my new 75inch outside sat TV and I'm all set...:mad:...EDIT...and you 2 are invited!

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to give us this report, jr.

From the renderings you saw (I realize this could be a long way from the reality of what will happen) is there extensive use of "glass"? Pretty interesting stuff. Can you give any additional specifics from the renderings?
There were no close ups of the dome, but a collaborative sketch of the campus. The dome did appear to have a fixed roof and expansion on west end. There also was a rap around glass structure that came towards the north side of the building. I apologize that's all I could gather.

There were no close ups of the dome, but a collaborative sketch of the campus. The dome did appear to have a fixed roof and expansion on west end. There also was a rap around glass structure that came towards the north side of the building. I apologize that's all I could gather.

Makes me think ETFE design...

StadiumCapture-Football-1280-600x330.jpg

No need to apologize, brother. I appreciate all that you have shared. Sounds great...

Love these plans... at the end of the day, I'm curious to see how the new football/bball parking will be set up, but I think the overall product will go towards enhancing the gameday experience for the fans.

At the very least, we're being innovative and will have an incredibly unique on-campus arena. Will definitely help with recruiting.

jr4750 said:

I was there and remember your question. It was a very interesting presentation. I was planning on posting a recap after, but someone needed a Prosecco, so we repaired to the bar. Thanks for the recap.

i totally agree. most of the businesses on m street are totally worthless.

some other thread, someone mentioned developing the area between the dome and marshall street. that would be great. i keep mentioning http://www.collegetownrochester.com/ because i live a mile awya, they did a nice job there. it's a little cookie cutter, maybe SU can give it a little more variety but this would be great. a decent market is a no brainer like the constantinos by UR

Why was this presentation in DC and who was the audience? And who gave the presentation. Thanks.

If they are doing one in Baltimore too - I'd bet it's an alumni thing and $$$

Not as much $ floating around Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online