Class of 2018 - SG/SF Jeenathan Williams (NY) to Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Jeenathan Williams (NY) to Buffalo

money3189

Hall of Fame
This kid has flown under the radar. Isaiah Stewart is a freshman phenom but this kid has been good and is considered the best player in Rochester area. He goes to Uprep which is a unknown charter school that graduated their first class 2 years ago. I have no idea if SU knows about him or if they are interested. Maybe one of you basketball guys can look into it. I would like to know your thoughts.

This kid has flown under the radar. Isaiah Stewart is a freshman phenom but this kid has been good and is considered the best player in Rochester area. He goes to Uprep which is a unknown charter school that graduated their first class 2 years ago. I have no idea if SU knows about him or if they are interested. Maybe one of you basketball guys can look into it. I would like to know your thoughts.
Considered as the high energy/glue guy for the City Rocks 16u squad this year. Received a lot of praise from the national scouts at the Nike Elite underclassmen camp earlier in the month. Not sure if he's SU level good yet, but he has upside and potential to attract many good programs around the country.

Considered as the high energy/glue guy for the City Rocks 16u squad this year. Received a lot of praise from the national scouts at the Nike Elite underclassmen camp earlier in the month. Not sure if he's SU level good yet, but he has upside and potential to attract many good programs around the country.
Thanks. I just found out he has offers from Georgia Tech, Buffalo, St. Bonaventure, Rutgers and St Louis so far.

Gotta be honest Im from Rochester and have never heard of that school or this kid. Defenitely will keep my eye out for him this season. Looking at their schedule and see they traveled to play some other preps but played a few section V teams also like Batavia whos generally good, but other much smaller schools like HFL and Batavia ND so I wonder about the comp.

I love that the ROC has been producing some legit D1 talent. Saw Jon Rothstein write up a little temple preview yesterday and said former Bishop Kearney Guard(BK is where Chino and Bryant went) Quentin Rose, who will be a frosh at Temple this year, could be the key. Saw him play a couple times and was kinda dissapointed Cuse didnt get in that mix. Tall athletic guard. Hopefully we get in the mix for this kid.

Gotta be honest Im from Rochester and have never heard of that school or this kid. Defenitely will keep my eye out for him this season. Looking at their schedule and see they traveled to play some other preps but played a few section V teams also like Batavia whos generally good, but other much smaller schools like HFL and Batavia ND so I wonder about the comp.

I love that the ROC has been producing some legit D1 talent. Saw Jon Rothstein write up a little temple preview yesterday and said former Bishop Kearney Guard(BK is where Chino and Bryant went) Quentin Rose, who will be a frosh at Temple this year, could be the key. Saw him play a couple times and was kinda dissapointed Cuse didnt get in that mix. Tall athletic guard. Hopefully we get in the mix for this kid.
Cuse look long and hard at Quinton from what I heard. They just didnt see enough. like I said, UPrep is a new charter school. All boys school that was established 6 years ago. Alot of the city kids are starting to enroll there. The head coach who just took over is James Mook Reeves, former Edison and Niagara standout. Not sure if Jeenathan will ever be on SU's want list but Ive been hearing his name for two years now. I never saw him play but I keep seeing 30 point games from him. Thats good especially when your only a sophomore.

He seems pretty athletic and aggressive. Is there something funky going on with his outside shot though?

Cuse look long and hard at Quinton from what I heard. They just didnt see enough. like I said, UPrep is a new charter school. All boys school that was established 6 years ago. Alot of the city kids are starting to enroll there. The head coach who just took over is James Mook Reeves, former Edison and Niagara standout. Not sure if Jeenathan will ever be on SU's want list but Ive been hearing his name for two years now. I never saw him play but I keep seeing 30 point games from him. Thats good especially when your only a sophomore.

oh wow Mook is the coach thats awesome. He was a Razorshark for awhile if I recall as well.

He seems pretty athletic and aggressive. Is there something funky going on with his outside shot though?

Hard to tell since I only saw a FT and a jumper in the lane. I really liked his adjustments/pivots/releases going to the basket.

Hard to tell since I only saw a FT and a jumper in the lane. I really liked his adjustments/pivots/releases going to the basket.
Yeah, but in those two shots it isn't a smooth stroke, he kind of flicks the ball.

Um. I'd like to land any quality basketball players we can get. But I hate this kids parents for naming him Jeenathan.

I must admit some of these names strike me as trying too hard to be original. I'm also not into "creative" spellings if a common name. Who cares if it's "with a y" instead of "I" it's the same name get over yourselves. My wife and I had this argument when picking kids names. I refused to agree to changing the spelling of the names.

I must admit some of these names strike me as trying too hard to be original. I'm also not into "creative" spellings if a common name. Who cares if it's "with a y" instead of "I" it's the same name get over yourselves. My wife and I had this argument when picking kids names. I refused to agree to changing the spelling of the names.
In the end, all names were made up at sometime.

One attempt at a unique name that I can't stand is Abcde. I actually met a girl named Abcde once in Hawaii. Couldn't believe it.

But aaaaaaanyway, I'll be interested to see how this kid progresses as he gets both older and stronger. His athleticism and body control are great given his height and how young he still is.

One attempt at a unique name that I can't stand is Abcde. I actually met a girl named Abcde once in Hawaii. Couldn't believe it.

But aaaaaaanyway, I'll be interested to see how this kid progresses as he gets both older and stronger. His athleticism and body control are great given his height and how young he still is.
Is it pronounced Ahb-see-dee?

I agree with you 100%. What these parents fail to recognize or appreciate is how they are creating a life time of having their kid's name spelled wrong. I knew a kid with the name Brien. No, it's not spelled Brian or even Bryan. It's with an e. His name was always spelled wrong. Oh... but it's unique! Woopsee doo! :confused: