Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

The kid looks amazing on a highlight tape, but lacks refinement and needs to learn how to play basketball. Is that accurate? I would love a kid like this kid have some humility and end up with the Spurs and let Pop and Company teach him how to play. Most kids like him don't have the humility though.
The mixtape hype and Kevin Durant comparisons totally did this kid no favors. A team like GSW late in the 1st round would be ideal imo. Kerr and his crew can coach him up and let him develop at a slow and steady pace. The humility part won't be an issue for him. By all accounts, he's known to be a really well mannered and humble young man. So I think he would take well to good coaching and work his butt off to reach his highest potential.

So you guys rea`lly think Diallo will go 1 year prep then go to the NBA?

Him reclassifying to 2016 just makes a lot of sense, we all know what the NBA thinks age.

Also, was this the Jake "mystery situation" ?

The mixtape hype and Kevin Durant comparisons totally did this kid no favors. A team like GSW late in the 1st round would be ideal imo. Kerr and his crew can coach him up and let him develop at a slow and steady pace. The humility part won't be an issue for him. By all accounts, he's known to be a really well mannered and humble young man. So I think he would take well to good coaching and work his butt off to reach his highest potential.
Cool, good to know. Then I hope he makes good use of his time and develops.

So you guys rea`lly think Diallo will go 1 year prep then go to the NBA?

Him reclassifying to 2016 just makes a lot of sense, we all know what the NBA thinks age.

Also, was this the Jake "mystery situation" ?

Hamidou is not "mystery man."

Francis03 i'm assuming Diallo will not reclassify at this point -- what do you think about the timetable for his decision? I assume he will at least visit Duke and UK. Do you see him deciding before the fall? or do you think he'll push it out to next spring?

Francis03 i'm assuming Diallo will not reclassify at this point -- what do you think about the timetable for his decision? I assume he will at least visit Duke and UK. Do you see him deciding before the fall? or do you think he'll push it out to next spring?
I want to tag on to this, if that is alright, Jdubs. Diallo graduated didn't he? So, technically, does he even have to reclassify?

I want to tag on to this, if that is alright, Jdubs. Diallo graduated didn't he? So, technically, does he even have to reclassify?

Does he have a qualifying score though.

This recruitment and player isn't one to assume things about. We'll learn that as things play out.:eat popcorn:

Kid has bounce. Elite athleticism. Jumping ability in his videos reminds me of Andrew Wiggins highlight tapes from a few years ago.
Edit: just watched a Wiggins high school highlight video. Hamidou isn't quite on Wiggins level - Wiggins head is at the rim every time he jumps. I've never seen somebody windmill so easily. Diallo could get there, though.

The more I think about it, the more I want Wright, Tucker, and Walker more than I want Hami (of course I'd take him in a heartbeat too).

Does he think that he would be behind all three other guards?

Does that mean he's not reclassifying or he is reclassifying but not coming to SU?

He wouldn't be a 4th guard playing 15 minutes...